ADVERTISEMENT

A9 report out in the open

images

and HOWE

Exactly.
The future looks bright . Mr. Barron is on the right path.
So where’s Penn State’s startup breakthrough? After all, the university has received over $800 million in research funding every year since 2011. That amount of money places Penn State in the top 20 funded universities in the country.

But Penn State only ranked 62nd in licensing income in 2013. That disconnect between funding and income is what the new president of the university, Eric Barron, is trying to change.

“Our objective is to be transformative in this space of of economic development and student career success,” said Barron at the September Board of Trustees meeting.

There, President Barron announced a plan to create a culture of entrepreneurship at Penn State. Barron has created a multi-tiered plan for the university.

This plan includes things like giving every Penn State student the opportunity to receive an entrepreneurial minor from the College of Business, regardless of major. The minor, officially called the Intercollege Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, is designed to teach students fundamental business skills.

“It’s a really great opportunity to translate something that you have a knack for, or are interested in, and turning that into not having to keep living on your mother’s couch in the basement,” said Brad Leve, assistant director of the program.

The minor has been in the works for eight years now. It’s the first of its kind at Penn State University Park. Before the intercollegiate minor, both the College of Business and the College of Engineering had minors of their own. But the Intercollege Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation opened up the field for all majors.

“There’s always been a lot of stuff going on here at the university, all of us individually building it entrepreneurially through the individual colleges. But to have the president come right out and say ‘hey, this is a major initiative’ was great,” said Dr. Robert Macy, director of the Farrell Center for Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Penn State.

“We got the official approval to have a major in entrepreneurship in the business school. So it’s come a long ways,” said Macy.

Although the entrepreneurship major isn’t offered quite yet, students are innovating on their own. Griffin Boustany created his own film company while being an undergrad at Penn State. Macy says he’s since finished his first film.

“He’s got distribution rights all lined up, he’s done multiple commercials, and promotional advertising. This is an undergraduate student, doing something very complicated,” said Macy

Barron’s plans to further the culture of entrepreneurship at Penn State aren’t limited to expanding academic programs. He’ll also hire entrepreneurs-in-residence to work with students at both the University Park and commonwealth campuses, Furthermore, he’s working on creating a way to reward faculty and staff for promising patents.
I suspect you do not use twitter much...you might struggle a bit with 280 characters per response.

Reactions: bwifan
All those things about Dambly?

Everyone on the Board knew about them (and more) when he was elected as the Chairman.

Thinking about that fact, is almost more than what a human brain can withstand.
Yeah, I mean, like who does this? It's like politicians running for office with tons of skeletons. Hey man. No biggie, I'm getting elected. What's up is really down. What's left is really right. These folks literally shove it right in our face. It's like a big F you. What are you gonna do about it.

Lattner's last post reads more like it was written by an attorney than a PR flack. Makes me wonder if the IP address on his posts today can be traced back to a computer in the PSU General Counsel's office at 227 West Beaver Avenue.
@Hotshoe I assume you are checking into this, yes?

@Hotshoe I assume you are checking into this, yes?
Don't really know what I can check into. No rules broken, simply opinion. If it crosses the line we will deal with it. That said. It certainly sounds like propaganda to me.

It's not like I have the capability to track down an IP address. I can however cross reference them to others I know of, as can Tom. Rivals is simply not that sophisticated. Tom does keep very good records, I assure you.

Lattner's last post reads more like it was written by an attorney than a PR flack. Makes me wonder if the IP address on his posts today can be traced back to a computer in the PSU General Counsel's office at 227 West Beaver Avenue.

Wouldn’t surprise me. lattner has always shown himself to be that breed of asshole.

Nah. Sorry, I must pass on that. I can find out if I really wanted to. My nephew handles all the internet services for the NHL out of Manhattan. He's a bloody genius with this stuff.
Does he handle the review of goals and goalie interference:) If so, I need to complain to him!

I never knew why. Still don't, and I dont guess in a spot like this.

I’ve noticed some interviews are listed as post-July 12 2012. For instance most of the interviews with the janitors are stated as occurring August 2012. How did that work?

Reactions: 91Joe95
I’ve noticed some interviews are listed as post-July 12 2012. For instance most of the interviews with the janitors are stated as occurring August 2012. How did that work?
Did it matter?:rolleyes: They [FactFreeh] made up shit anyway.

In a normal world, a report that changes the narrative to the benefit of PSU would be embraced by the BOT.
Your post reminded me of a quote I happened upon in the 2012/2013/2014 time frame. It was from one of the cabal/B&I trustees (maybe Dandrea?) about the alumni trustees that said something to the effect of

If the dissident trustees were ever to gain control of the board it would be catastrophic for the university.

Though probably not a direct quote (I'm relying on memory here), that was most definitely the sentiment -- & FYI "catastrophic" is a direct quote. Given their posture on this Freeh business and their posture on the NCAA & B1G sanctions -- trust me, they were VERY much on board with them, I'm absolutely convinced that there's more to the story of what went on "behind the scenes" between our "power brokers," the B1G & the NCAA . And I sincerely doubt that we will ever know more than we do currently about it.

Last edited:
Your post reminded me of a quote I happened upon in the 2012/2013/2014 time frame. It was from one of the cabal/B&I trustees (maybe Deandrea?) about the alumni trustees that said something to the effect of

If the dissident trustees were ever to gain control of the board it would catastrophic for the university.

Though probably not a direct quote (I'm relying on memory here), that was most definitely the sentiment -- & FYI "catastrophic" is a direct quote. Given their posture on this Freeh business and their posture on the NCAA & B1G sanctions -- trust me, they were VERY much on board with them, I'm absolutely convinced that there's more to the story of what went on "behind the scenes" between our "power brokers," the B1G & the NCAA . And I sincerely doubt that we will ever know more than we do about it.

The most catastrophic event was what the slapdicks on the BoT did to the University with Freeh and their totally concocted horsecrap to protect their friends and family jammed up with TSM.

They were/are the lowest form of swine bred.

Exactly.
The future looks bright . Mr. Barron is on the right path.
So where’s Penn State’s startup breakthrough? After all, the university has received over $800 million in research funding every year since 2011. That amount of money places Penn State in the top 20 funded universities in the country.

But Penn State only ranked 62nd in licensing income in 2013. That disconnect between funding and income is what the new president of the university, Eric Barron, is trying to change.

“Our objective is to be transformative in this space of of economic development and student career success,” said Barron at the September Board of Trustees meeting.

There, President Barron announced a plan to create a culture of entrepreneurship at Penn State. Barron has created a multi-tiered plan for the university.

This plan includes things like giving every Penn State student the opportunity to receive an entrepreneurial minor from the College of Business, regardless of major. The minor, officially called the Intercollege Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, is designed to teach students fundamental business skills.

“It’s a really great opportunity to translate something that you have a knack for, or are interested in, and turning that into not having to keep living on your mother’s couch in the basement,” said Brad Leve, assistant director of the program.

The minor has been in the works for eight years now. It’s the first of its kind at Penn State University Park. Before the intercollegiate minor, both the College of Business and the College of Engineering had minors of their own. But the Intercollege Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation opened up the field for all majors.

“There’s always been a lot of stuff going on here at the university, all of us individually building it entrepreneurially through the individual colleges. But to have the president come right out and say ‘hey, this is a major initiative’ was great,” said Dr. Robert Macy, director of the Farrell Center for Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Penn State.

“We got the official approval to have a major in entrepreneurship in the business school. So it’s come a long ways,” said Macy.

Although the entrepreneurship major isn’t offered quite yet, students are innovating on their own. Griffin Boustany created his own film company while being an undergrad at Penn State. Macy says he’s since finished his first film.

“He’s got distribution rights all lined up, he’s done multiple commercials, and promotional advertising. This is an undergraduate student, doing something very complicated,” said Macy

Barron’s plans to further the culture of entrepreneurship at Penn State aren’t limited to expanding academic programs. He’ll also hire entrepreneurs-in-residence to work with students at both the University Park and commonwealth campuses, Furthermore, he’s working on creating a way to reward faculty and staff for promising patents.
Is Dambly going to be teaching that course in corruption, er entrepreneurship?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT