ADVERTISEMENT

A great start for the MBB game against Purdue

Awesome. Another close loss. I know, I know. They have more talent than ever, they played with a lot of heart. I get all that. Heard it all before.

They still didn't win.

There is only ONE difference in these two teams tonight ... Purdue makes 3 pointers and PSU does not.
Did you mean to say the Purdue offense runs plays to set up three pointers and the PSU offense does not?

Hell of a way to battle against the conference's best team, though. Need to hit shots from distance when the opportunities are there, and they didn't fall tonight. But we gave a superior team all they could possibly handle on a night where we weren't hitting our shots or playing our sharpest game. That's not something that we can usually say.

This hoops season is reminding me a lot of '15 football season. Seeing a lot from the young guys to point to a very bright future soon. Can't question their preparedness, heart of effort...just has to be really frustrating with that being 4th loss in OT/last possession.

Banks and Gardner just weren't very good tonight. That's the difference. Really takes the luster off some phonomenal showings by Reeves, Watkins and Carr.

Sometimes I smell more than a Gynecologist does when I read these threads..... what a bunch many of you posters are....

Bottom line ... not going to win many games shooting 2-18 from three!
No, you can't expect to beat the best team in the league shooting like that, especially when they go 12/26 from 3 and you shoot 2/18. The fact that we almost did says a lot about this team and how the young guys are able to step up when the veterans' shots aren't falling. For a bunch of freshmen to be able to take it to the hoop consistently and with success against two of the best bigs in college basketball was a pleasure to watch.

I'm not sure how any impartial observer could watch this game and legitimately be discouraged by how we played.

This team is so close to being a good but not great team. Look at how many close losses they have had. really think that if they had won half of them they would be a different team at this point. It's got to be disheartening to lose a game like tonight.

Shep had to have thought it hit the rim and he had to foul.

Clearly he thought that. Plus the Purdue kid was protecting the ball as if HE thought the ball hit the rim too. He wasn't even trying to get a shot off. I'm sure Shep's reaction was partially based on the Purdue kid's reaction.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT