ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of binge worthy Netflix shows...

I had read so many comments all over the web about how good this show is. I watched the first episode and didn't get the hype. It's not that it made me squirm, I just didn't think the show itself was all that good.

It's very short, but I've watched a couple episodes of Lore and have enjoyed them. It will also likely make viewers squirm a bit.

I've heard Fargo is a good series, I haven't watched it yet. I'm not sure where it's available for streaming. Narcos is another I've heard is good (Netflix) but haven't seen.

You have to check out Fauda - Israeli Mosaad vs PLO series. Very good. Bourne-esque.

Also - on Amazon prime: “All or Nothing: Manchester City” and “All or Nothing: All Blacks” - whether you like English Premier league soccer or rugby or not - if a sports fan - a must see

I had read so many comments all over the web about how good this show is. I watched the first episode and didn't get the hype. It's not that it made me squirm, I just didn't think the show itself was all that good.

It's very short, but I've watched a couple episodes of Lore and have enjoyed them. It will also likely make viewers squirm a bit.

I've heard Fargo is a good series, I haven't watched it yet. I'm not sure where it's available for streaming. Narcos is another I've heard is good (Netflix) but haven't seen.

Fargo is awesome and only available on the FX Now app as far as I know; otherwise have to pay.

Good thread - have peaked into a few of these for the first time recently:

1. Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - Heard good things, but I thought the first episode (and so far, the only one I've watched) was better than advertised. Rachel Brosnahan (House of Cards) was absolutely fantastic and her drunk comedy 'debut' was, um, unexpected and SPECTACULAR. If you saw it, you know what I mean. Will definitely continue to watch.

2. Goliath - Have only watched the first two episodes, and think it's pretty good, but not a fan of some of the way too soap opera-esque tropes, especially the big bad with a half-burnt face and obnoxious villain cliche in the form of a clicker. Still, it has a really good cast and interesting to see David Kelly work with an R rating.

marvelous-mrs-maisel.jpg
RE: Goliath. I really enjoyed Season 1. And most of Season 2 was OK, but it went completely off the rail the last 1-2 episodes.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I've been watching Blacklist, like 15 eps in. The plot style get kind of redundant but the serial story is starting to ramp up.

Has anyone watched Yellowstone yet?
We just binged it with the season finale approaching. Like it! Probably more into it since started watching just after watched wind river, which was a great movie set in similar region. Really adds to depiction of reservation lifestyle and sense of lawlessness.

Regrettably, I rarely have much to add to the bingeworthy show chains. I usually catch up after you guys tell me what’s worth the time investment.

Reactions: Rollin Stone
Maybe I'll have to start watching Yellowstone again. Maybe I gave up on it too soon.

Finally finished Godless - loved it! Wonder if there are any plans to continue the series? Even with the end of certain characters and story arcs, there's a ton there to explore (especially the nearly all female town of La Belle). SPOILERS FOLLOW....

I will say I wasn't a huge fan of the big final battle. I liked how the women of La Belle had the tactical advantage on Griffin and his crew and they definitely used that to their advantage. But, Roy sort of taking the protection from the mining company out of the equation made the battle a lot harder than it needed to be. If they can help in the battle, it's almost certainly over pretty quickly given Griffin just sort of rolled up and his gang all stayed on horses in front of the most heavily fortified place in town (and the place the women were shooting from).

All that said, I did like the final gunfight, and I sort of liked how things worked out for everyone (even the blind sheriff). I'm going to maybe put my grudge against Hell on Wheels aside so I can finish the series, then maybe get into Longmire or The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. I love westerns and hope they continue Godless (especially with Michelle Dockery).

tumblr_oydwb2y4uu1uu1smvo5_500.gif

Seeing as how in Balto., and seemingly the entire eastern seaboard, its been raining for 2 weeks I am catching up on my Netflix que.
These are 2 that I'm really liking and one I'm sorry to see go but its probably a good thing.
Dear White People
Lost in Space
Longmire. Am a big fan of this show and have been for a long time but I'm glad they ended it.
Hope you watch Ozark. Great series.

Watched House of Cards this weekend. Its the final season.

Have to say I very much missed Kevin Spacey. I like Robin Wright but she is so sever in the final season it is hard to invest in her. She needed Spacey's back and forth.

Some great individual performances by Wright, Greg Kinnear, and Michael Kelly. Funny about Diane Lane, who also does a nice job. She is all over another series named "the romanovs" that we interrupted to watch HOC.

Spoiler Alert

Regardless, it becomes very complex and way too dark for me. Hard to invest in a movie when you don't like anyone.

Have to say I very much missed Kevin Spacey. I like Robin Wright but she is so sever in the final season it is hard to invest in her. She needed Spacey's back and forth.

Some great individual performances by Wright, Greg Kinnear, and Michael Kelly. Funny about Diane Lane, who also does a nice job. She is all over another series named "the romanovs" that we interrupted to watch HOC.

Spoiler Alert

Regardless, it becomes very complex and way too dark for me. Hard to invest in a movie when you don't like anyone.

Didn’t like it at all.

Reactions: Obliviax

Spoiler Alert

That was my feeling after Spacey pushed Kate Mara in front of the metro in Season 2. Who do you root for?? You kind of felt for Robin for a while then you learn she's just as evil as Spacey is. Really, the only 'good' people on the show got killed. I made it through half of Season 4 and just quit. Didn't miss it.

That was my feeling after Spacey pushed Kate Mara in front of the metro in Season 2. Who do you root for?? You kind of felt for Robin for a while then you learn she's just as evil as Spacey is. Really, the only 'good' people on the show got killed. I made it through half of Season 4 and just quit. Didn't miss it.
yeah...it is interesting how many movies are just bad people fighting bad people. That and comic book movies. I haven't been to the theater in at least six months. The only movies worth seeing are cartoons (the new grinch or the incredibles). But if you don't have a young child, worthless.

I ended up watching "The Longest Day" last night after watching some Romanovs with the wife. While kind of ridiculous in many ways, still much more entertaining.

Narcos starts this Friday!!

Romanovs has been good, just that there is no real episode feeling....just a group of stand alone one-hour shows. Almost like the producer of Lost had a bunch of ideas that he couldn't get financed or stretch into a series/feature length movie.

i saw three episodes of Julia Roberts Amazon series "Homecoming". It has promise but is slow to start. Also have to say that JR looks horrible. Way too skinny and frumpy.

yeah...it is interesting how many movies are just bad people fighting bad people. That and comic book movies. I haven't been to the theater in at least six months. The only movies worth seeing are cartoons (the new grinch or the incredibles). But if you don't have a young child, worthless.

I ended up watching "The Longest Day" last night after watching some Romanovs with the wife. While kind of ridiculous in many ways, still much more entertaining.

I'm kind of over the 'anti-hero' as star. Worked with Tony Soprano, then Don Draper, then Walter White, now - it's pretty much every star of every show. One of the reasons I liked Godless was that the 'hero' ended up being pretty heroic (despite having a dark and violent past). Even Better Call Saul has main characters that are pretty awful. Maybe one of the reasons I quit watching.

One thing Game of Thrones does really, really well is blur the line between hero and villain. It's a delicate thing to do, but at this point, you will find just as many people rooting for Cersei and Jamie as there are people rooting for the Starks or Danaerys (okay, maybe not 'just as many'). But, Jon Snow is about as pure of a hero as there is on TV and the show is better for it.

Reactions: Obliviax
Romanovs has been good, just that there is no real episode feeling....just a group of stand alone one-hour shows. Almost like the producer of Lost had a bunch of ideas that he couldn't get financed or stretch into a series/feature length movie.

i saw three episodes of Julia Roberts Amazon series "Homecoming". It has promise but is slow to start. Also have to say that JR looks horrible. Way too skinny and frumpy.

Homecoming does indeed start slow. Really picked up in the fourth episode and finished strong. Will be back for a season 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT