ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of binge worthy Netflix shows...

I tried to watch The Terror but much like the book it was pretty boring and I really didn't like any of the characters and didn't care what happened to them.
Luke Cage, Punisher and Lost in Space were very good, especially The Punisher.
Luke Cage was very good until....about the 7th episode but I am looking forward to the 2nd season that drops next week.
Jessica Jones 1st season was excellent. The second season was ok but she was a little too whiny for me in it.

Going to add The Killing 1 & 2, originally on AMC but now Netflix. Season 1 is one of the best seasons of any US program over last 10 years. Mireille Enos truly deserved Emmy for her portrayal of obsessed female cop struggling with her personal life. Seasons 3 and 4 are ok but nothing close to first two.

Going to add The Killing 1 & 2, originally on AMC but now Netflix. Season 1 is one of the best seasons of any US program over last 10 years. Mireille Enos truly deserved Emmy for her portrayal of obsessed female cop struggling with her personal life. Seasons 3 and 4 are ok but nothing close to first two.

in a similar vein, Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan both kill their roles in "The Fall" . . . really disturbing serial killer procedural

Reactions: flash86 and Nitwit
just a reminder if not already posted, Goliath-Season two, dropped today on Amazon Prime.

goliath.jpg

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Only had time for one Goliath episode so far, but if the first one is any indication, season 2 is going to be good

Season 2 of Goliath is pretty twisted. Much darker than Season 1
Watched 4 episodes last night. Enjoying it, but so far S1 was better.
I find it hilarious that a mayoral candidate is sleeping in that rathole dump (even if she may have ulterior motives).

The first six episodes of Goliath were really good. Then much like Season 1, they mailed in the last 2 episodes. Disappointing.

Just finished watching Safe on Netflix last night. I enjoyed it and it's only 8 episodes.

It was strange at first with Michael C. Hall with a British accent but it grew on me, he was great.

hilariously ignorant statement if you're familiar with the show

reminds me of that rich ass hat who was upset about a show called "Black-ish"

the great orange goober wanted to know when we will get a show called "White-ish"

Someone tweeted back at him, we did, they were called The Honeymooners, Father Knows Best, Leave it to Beaver, the Brady Bunch, MASH, All In The Family, Cheers, Seinfeld . . . and almost every f**king TV show of the last 50 years

LOL

And the Cosby Show, the Jeffersons, A Different World, the Fresh Price of Bel Air, 227, Martin, The Jamie Foxx Show, Good Times, and .....oh, what was your point?

The series Between was ok. Some goofy plot holes and too many actors that looked a like too remember who was who. But something to watch while awaiting the next season of a better show

Just finished watching Safe on Netflix last night. I enjoyed it and it's only 8 episodes.

It was strange at first with Michael C. Hall with a British accent but it grew on me, he was great.

I mighty give that a try.
I'm finishing up the 2nd season of Luke Cage, I have 2 more episodes to go.
I like it, a couple of the episodes, especially episode 9 got a little to wordy but for the most part I'm enjoying it. Probably needs a little more action though.
Some of the performances are excellent.
I think Mike Colter is perfect as Cage, I like some of his "slow burn".
Alfre Woodard is knocking it out of the park as Mariah
Theo Rossi is good as Shades but I liked him on Sons Of Anarchy.
Mustafa Shakir as Bushmaster is excellent.
Reg E Cathey is also very good, unfortunately he died after filming this.
Shout out to a UVA football player we might remember, Thomas Jones.
He's pretty good as Comanche.

The first six episodes of Goliath were really good. Then much like Season 1, they mailed in the last 2 episodes. Disappointing.
my thoughts exactly. The last two episodes went off the rails. Not sure what they were thinking except that they wanted to create emotions for the viewer. Some wacky stuff though. The bad guy was really well played.

I do have to say that it is unrealistic to think that any woman would be all over Billy Bob as a 125 lb alcoholic lawyer living in a hotel room. I mean, its not like he is George Clooney living on the top floor of the Ritz and driving a Tesla.

I have just recently started watching "Animal Kingdom" on TNT based I guess on a movie from Australia. It seems to also be based somewhat on the movie Point Break, which could also be based on the same Aussie Movie, I don't know.

I am about 1/2 way through season 1, so far not too bad, a good bit of character development. My wife is also trying out the series "Claws", which means I have to watch it as well. We've watched "Good Behavior" which I don't mind, not bad, interesting.

Curious to here what people think that have watched Animal Kingdom. Also looking forward to the second season of Ozark.

I’m a huge fan of Animal Kingdom. Just when I think I know how things are going to play out. A curve balls gets thrown in the plot. For them to kill off one of the main characters like that. To allow the show to grow into a new direction was brilliant. I’m on edge every week waiting for Pope to just snap with nobody be able to bring him back to reality. He toes the line a lot at this moment.

I’m a huge fan of Animal Kingdom. Just when I think I know how things are going to play out. A curve balls gets thrown in the plot. For them to kill off one of the main characters like that. To allow the show to grow into a new direction was brilliant. I’m on edge every week waiting for Pope to just snap with nobody be able to bring him back to reality. He toes the line a lot at this moment.

Ok so Obviously I have some things to look forward to in the show. Right now I am where they just burglarized Josh's girlfriends house in season 1, and Baz just told Josh that everyone is a mark and not to go against the family.
Will most likely finish Season 1 this weekend or within the week.

Evil genius is a four part documentary style show based upon a man from Erie, PA, who attempts to rob a bank with a bomb/collar around his neck. Was he a victim or a willing participant? It's a pretty good story.
Whoa, just started Evil Genius last night. Can't believe I didn't hear about this when it happened. I may binge the rest tonight.

I don't know if it's still available, but Making a Murderer is worth checking out. The way the investigation was handled has many similarities on how the Sandusky case was pinned on Penn State. I've kept an eye on the case, and a lawyer named Kathleen Zellner is now in the process of showing how much of a farce the investigation was and the corruption that ensued.

Narcos...very very good--almost Breaking Bad good.
Longmire....good show-fun classic hero-Walt is a stud and has great calm demeanor.
Animal Kingdom....fun fun fun
Peaky Blinders...watching now...complex but watching it

I just started watching Blacklist on Netflix. Spader is genius.

semi spoiler . . . that series would be mediocre without Spader. He carries that show. is season 5 on Netflix yet? because they dropped one of the most intense series redefining plot twists at the very end of Season 5. Makes me want to go back through and watch the entire series now through that lens.

I watched the first two episodes, seems decent. some great Montana wildlife and mountains, reminded me of Dances with Wolves movie with Costner.

I watched the first two episodes, couldn't get into it. I really wanted to, but it just seemed one big cliche.

I got through 1.5 seasons of Sense 8. I gave up when the writers just wanted to make it a big multi-cultural soap opera with a little scifi mixed in

I’m interested to see the new Castle Rock series on Hulu. It’s Stephen King and JJ Abrams, plus a friend of mine was an extra in a few episodes. I currently don’t have Hulu, but will do the month free trial just to check it out.

J.J. Abrams Bashing Alert:

1. I liked Lost. And then the ending was beyond bad.

2. I used to love Star Trek up until about 2000 but didn't pay attention since then because no Star Trek TV series were out. A couple movies came out with young Kirk, young Spock, etc but who cares, I thought, I've seen plenty of those guys already, wake me up with a new TV series comes along because that's the bread & butter of Star Trek anyway. Then a new series comes along (ST: D) and it's horrible and I investigate and learn that this is the new norm for Star Trek now and it's been that way ever since...wait for it...J.J. Abrams was given the reins to make the Star Trek movies!

Okay, so that's only two, but it's a heck of an 0-for-2, to completely whiff on the end to a long TV series (Lost) and then ruin one of the best entertainment franchises in history (Star Trek). I don't know what else J.J. Abrams has done but I can't have any confidence in him.

Has anyone watched Yellowstone yet?

I have watched the first 3 episodes, i like it. I think Costner is perfect for the role. He is becoming the new “Clint Eastwood type” crudmugeon old guy character.

The daughter is wild, i think the story line is interesting because of the mixing of who is the authorities. The police, the BLM, the Indian reservation police, etc.

The episode where he blew up the mountain to change the river. Wow.

I recommend it is on the Paramount channel / app.

I found Borgia to be a fascinating interpretation of renaissance decadence and debauchery.

The name Borgia stands for betrayal, intrigue and corruption in the Vatican, which was the center of the world during the Renaissance. There are several Borgia movies on Netfix. Look for the one starring: John Doman, Mark Ryder, Isolda Dychauk.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Surprised nobody mentioned Fauda on Netflix. There's only two seasons to watch so far but its excellent!

^^ here, here! Watched it twice. It shows what can happen with state-sanctioned killings. It can spin out-of-control into personal vendettas, then there's no putting the genie back into the bottle.

Good thread - have peaked into a few of these for the first time recently:

1. Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - Heard good things, but I thought the first episode (and so far, the only one I've watched) was better than advertised. Rachel Brosnahan (House of Cards) was absolutely fantastic and her drunk comedy 'debut' was, um, unexpected and SPECTACULAR. If you saw it, you know what I mean. Will definitely continue to watch.

2. Goliath - Have only watched the first two episodes, and think it's pretty good, but not a fan of some of the way too soap opera-esque tropes, especially the big bad with a half-burnt face and obnoxious villain cliche in the form of a clicker. Still, it has a really good cast and interesting to see David Kelly work with an R rating.

marvelous-mrs-maisel.jpg

Couldn't get past 1st show of Black Mirror, made me throw up a little in my mouth. Some series I haven't seen mentioned...
I had read so many comments all over the web about how good this show is. I watched the first episode and didn't get the hype. It's not that it made me squirm, I just didn't think the show itself was all that good.

It's very short, but I've watched a couple episodes of Lore and have enjoyed them. It will also likely make viewers squirm a bit.

I've heard Fargo is a good series, I haven't watched it yet. I'm not sure where it's available for streaming. Narcos is another I've heard is good (Netflix) but haven't seen.

ADVERTISEMENT