ADVERTISEMENT

9/17-Paterno recognition

If true, it's not really "honoring Joe". That would involve noting his numerous positive contributions to the university and allowing Sue to take the field to receive the recognition she and Joe deserve. Simply commemorating his first game is a ploy to pacify people. I hope the commemoration isn't what made the A9 fall in line.

From gopsusports.com
The complete 2016 football promotions and game themes schedule is available at:http://www.gopsusports.com/promotions/football.html.

Penn State Football 2016 season primary promotions and game themes:

Kent State, Sept. 3: Youth Football, Cheer and Dance Day; Scout Celebration
Temple, Sept. 17: Stripe Out; Commemorating the 50th anniversary of Coach Paterno's first game as Penn State head coach; THON and Community Heroes Day; Faculty & Staff Day
Minnesota, Oct. 1: Blue Band Jam; All-University Day
Maryland, Oct. 8: Homecoming; Varsity "S" Day; Celebrate Agriculture
Ohio State, Oct. 22: Penn State White Out
Iowa, Nov. 5: Military Appreciation Day; Seats for Service Members
Michigan State, Nov. 26: Senior Day

Reactions: indynittany
Yeah, but depends what the mean by "commemorating". That could be as simple as a footnote in the game day program or maybe they wear a JVP409 patch. Really should be a game celebration by itself not with those other worthy causes. We shall see I guess...

It will force the conversation to start again. The university will be forced to defend it to the wailing media masses who will start screeching immediately and loudly. Perhaps they will be forced to defend Joe officially.

Maybe this is how it all starts.

Yeah, but depends what the mean by "commemorating". That could be as simple as a footnote in the game day program or maybe they wear a JVP409 patch. Really should be a game celebration by itself not with those other worthy causes. We shall see I guess...

Let's give them a chance to get it right. We can always kill them if they don't.

i think its a good first step...until the trials are all over they aren't going to do a massive event

Here's what I don't understand. Why did they remove the commemorative plaques on the wall where the statue was? Why not honor these teams regardless of what you think about Joe? Why not an area to honor success with honor? Include recognition of the team graduation rates and academic all americans?

My money is on this........
plane-pulling-banner-vector-8550070.jpg

Here's what I don't understand. Why did they remove the commemorative plaques on the wall where the statue was? Why not honor these teams regardless of what you think about Joe? Why not an area to honor success with honor? Include recognition of the team graduation rates and academic all americans?

Because they are low down shits.

Let's give them a chance to get it right. We can always kill them if they don't.

I agree wholeheartedly ... Easy to cast stones if they don't get it right. Give them a chance and let's see what is the deal is before flying off the handle. This is a move in the right direction and already people are sounding off. Let it play out first people.

They cannot commemorate the 50th anniversary without mentioning Joe's name. When that happens there needs to be the most Godawful Roaring cheer that stadium has ever seen. WE will honor Joe, regardless of what they call it.

Let's make sure that we are adequately OUTRAGED. :eek: in the absence of details. :eek:

:eek:

:eek:

From gopsusports.com
The complete 2016 football promotions and game themes schedule is available at:http://www.gopsusports.com/promotions/football.html.

Penn State Football 2016 season primary promotions and game themes:

Kent State, Sept. 3: Youth Football, Cheer and Dance Day; Scout Celebration
Temple, Sept. 17: Stripe Out; Commemorating the 50th anniversary of Coach Paterno's first game as Penn State head coach; THON and Community Heroes Day; Faculty & Staff Day
Minnesota, Oct. 1: Blue Band Jam; All-University Day
Maryland, Oct. 8: Homecoming; Varsity "S" Day; Celebrate Agriculture
Ohio State, Oct. 22: Penn State White Out
Iowa, Nov. 5: Military Appreciation Day; Seats for Service Members
Michigan State, Nov. 26: Senior Day
Faculty & Staff Day. Are they going to thank the faculty and staff for taking the faculty and staff section from them?

The loudest noise I ever heard in a sports stadium was when R. Gardner picked off the Nebraska QB and housed it to shut the Huskers last chance out in '02 (?)

Was sitting behind the student section. It just roared and cascaded and boomed over the landscape.

This sound should make that seem like a string quartet at a Nursing Home.

The loudest noise I ever heard in a sports stadium was when R. Gardner picked off the Nebraska QB and housed it to shut the Huskers last chance out in '02 (?)

Was sitting behind the student section. It just roared and cascaded and boomed over the landscape.

I was 10 rows up on the 20 yard line behind the psu bench... Loudest I have ever heard that place... was deafening

I couldn't care either way personally, but I hope others find it meaningful so that maybe some of the donors will come back and help PSU again.
I have always made that a condition of my donating again. I am not going to insist on a 4th of July type celebration, but I will not accept some half-assed tribute either. I think, for example, that Joe should be on the cover of the program for that game, or at least have a lengthy article inside. I think the Blue Band should do at least one song in his honor. I think there should be meaningful scoreboard recognition. I think some type of commemorative plaque should be given to Sue Paterno at halftime. Others may have additional suggestions.

If you recall, Joe almost killed Gardner after that for show-boating LOL. Boy do I miss that.

Im thinking they will have Sue on the field with players...they will show a video on the board and have something in the program.

ESPN just sent a news alert. Here we go...(someone get Hotshoe at the ready).

But still one of the best noises was when Joyner and Erickson decided they should be recognized at half time of the OSU (?) game and the boos rained down on them. They thought people APPRECIATED what they were doing. Shows how stupid everyone is in the ivory tower.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT