ADVERTISEMENT

5 Potential All-Americans on PSU's roster

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
Top 5 PSU All-American List

See link. Interesting link because they go into what obstacles stand in the way of these guys being first-team All-Americans. Because of that, Chop should probably be higher considering he put up numbers last year despite spliting snaps with Tarburton and technically never starting a game. Also think Theo Johnson has a shot to put up stats worthy of some national attention too as long as he's not in the doghouse too long for off the field shenanigans

It will be interesting but there is a major caveat/s for each that the cheerleader that made the video didn't discuss.

Allar - Rookie QB playing behind a suspect line with a lackluster receiving corps and four games against team with good defenses, two of which are in September.
Olu - He was a mixed bag until Michigan, and then got beat seven ways to Sunday throughout the game. Repeat for Ohio State.
King - Only played one top tier receiver and it didn't look good.
Carter - Obviously the top choice in my mind. How with the DTs play in front of him. Based on previously production, we have the worst group of tackles since joining the Big Ten.
Singleton - The video said it all.
Chop - Looking like road kill against Michigan. Failed to set the edge throughout the game. Was run on all season.

Given the dependencies each one are subjected to, if any become first team all-American's that side of the ball we are in good shape because that means many more players are playing well. If we have one each side of the ball, we likely hit 10 wins.

It will be interesting but there is a major caveat/s for each that the cheerleader that made the video didn't discuss.

Allar - Rookie QB playing behind a suspect line with a lackluster receiving corps and four games against team with good defenses, two of which are in September.
Olu - He was a mixed bag until Michigan, and then got beat seven ways to Sunday throughout the game. Repeat for Ohio State.
King - Only played one top tier receiver and it didn't look good.
Carter - Obviously the top choice in my mind. How with the DTs play in front of him. Based on previously production, we have the worst group of tackles since joining the Big Ten.
Singleton - The video said it all.
Chop - Looking like road kill against Michigan. Failed to set the edge throughout the game. Was run on all season.

Given the dependencies each one are subjected to, if any become first team all-American's that side of the ball we are in good shape because that means many more players are playing well. If we have one each side of the ball, we likely hit 10 wins.
Your negativity schtick is so obvious and getting thin. I should probably just put you on "ignore" after this response, but I guess I'm a sucker.

1. Fair about Allar. We shall see how he progresses.
2. NFL scouts disagree unless you think you are more knowledgeable than them at evaluating players. Olu is a consensus top 10 pick next year and would have likely been the same if he declared last year. He's both upside AND production.
3. King is a top 20 pick next year and a consensus top 3 DB in the nation. This is where your act starts to reveal itself as parody.
4. Agree on Carter. Disagree on the laughable hyperbole of the second part of your statement. Sure, it's definitely an area of weakness, but that's speaking comparatively speaking with a stacked defensive roster.
5. Okay. We shall see.
6. Disagree and so does PFF. You are not a player evaluator. You like to make these statements in broad strokes without evidence to support your schtick. 🤡

You are no PSU fan. Your posts reveal you as a misanthropic, negative, sad excuse for a "fan". Either you are chicken little and need to get some perspective and some fresh air, or you get your jollies on riling up the real fans on this site. Not sure which is sadder.

Your negativity schtick is so obvious and getting thin. I should probably just put you on "ignore" after this response, but I guess I'm a sucker.

2. NFL scouts disagree unless you think you are more knowledgeable than them at evaluating players. Olu is a consensus top 10 pick next year and would have likely been the same if he declared last year. He's both upside AND production.
3. King is a top 20 pick next year and a consensus top 3 DB in the nation. This is where your act starts to reveal itself as parody.
4. Agree on Carter. Disagree on the laughable hyperbole of the second part of your statement. Sure, it's definitely an area of weakness, but that's speaking comparatively speaking with a stacked defensive roster.
5. Okay. We shall see.
6. Disagree and so does PFF. You are not a player evaluator. You like to make these statements in broad strokes without evidence to support your schtick. 🤡

You are no PSU fan. Your posts reveal you as a misanthropic, negative, sad excuse for a "fan". Either you are chicken little and need to get some perspective and some fresh air, or you get your jollies on riling up the real fans on this site. Not sure which is sadder.
What I am in the voice of reason. Don't like what I have to say, don't read. But don't pretend that I don't know considerably more than most because that is demonstrably false. King looks good against bad players. Olu got destroyed early and often by the only players likely to be drafted in the first three rounds he faced. Those are facts. You can ignore them all you want. And no, no NFL scout has spoken on Olu. The so-called experts in the media have and they are the same experts whose track records are abysmal. Olu does have tremendous potential will little in the way of production.

What I am in the voice of reason. Don't like what I have to say, don't read. But don't pretend that I don't know considerably more than most because that is demonstrably false. King looks good against bad players. Olu got destroyed early and often by the only players likely to be drafted in the first three rounds he faced. Those are facts. You can ignore them all you want. And no, no NFL scout has spoken on Olu. The so-called experts in the media have and they are the same experts whose track records are abysmal. Olu does have tremendous potential will little in the way of production.
There's a difference between a "voice of reason" and a wet blanket. Your compliments are begrudging and backhanded. I'll assume you are actually a PSU fan and are just doing what you think you need go to "keep it real" with the rest of us, but the truth is this:
1. You have zero known credentials regarding player evaluation. You speak as if you are the authority on these matters but the truth is your opinion means nothing and you have no credibility to speak as if you are more "informed" than the average poster, let alone media and actual recruiters and talent analysts.
2. You find a negative lining in all things PSU. If this is how you approach your fandom, then I feel sad for you since I can't imagine there's ever any joy for you in following the team. Certainly you can't focus on the positive because you are working overtime to emphasize the negative or worst case scenarios and your perceived grievances. You'd be the absolute worst person to sit next to at a game.
3. Penn State had always been a top 12ish program since the mid-late 70's. They've had some down years, some great years, a few national titles, and everything in between. They've been performing exactly at their historical baseline the last 5-7 years. Somehow you think this is egregious. Most probably realize this is who PSU football has always been and I certainly still enjoy rooting for them on Saturdays.

My final thought is that if your online persona is a truly accurate representation of your personality in real life, I'd imagine you have few friends since you seem to revel in existing in a space of hyper-criticism. If you are married, your poor wife can probably never do anything right according to you.

There's a difference between a "voice of reason" and a wet blanket. Your compliments are begrudging and backhanded. I'll assume you are actually a PSU fan and are just doing what you think you need go to "keep it real" with the rest of us, but the truth is this:
1. You have zero known credentials regarding player evaluation. You speak as if you are the authority on these matters but the truth is your opinion means nothing and you have no credibility to speak as if you are more "informed" than the average poster, let alone media and actual recruiters and talent analysts.
2. You find a negative lining in all things PSU. If this is how you approach your fandom, then I feel sad for you since I can't imagine there's ever any joy for you in following the team. Certainly you can't focus on the positive because you are working overtime to emphasize the negative or worst case scenarios and your perceived grievances. You'd be the absolute worst person to sit next to at a game.
3. Penn State had always been a top 12ish program since the mid-late 70's. They've had some down years, some great years, a few national titles, and everything in between. They've been performing exactly at their historical baseline the last 5-7 years. Somehow you think this is egregious. Most probably realize this is who PSU football has always been and I certainly still enjoy rooting for them on Saturdays.

My final thought is that if your online persona is a truly accurate representation of your personality in real life, I'd imagine you have few friends since you seem to revel in existing in a space of hyper-criticism. If you are married, your poor wife can probably never do anything right according to you.
He can't. Why waste time with this guy who was freed from his straight jacket and pending lobotomy by HIPPA?

He can't. Why waste time with this guy who was freed from his straight jacket and pending lobotomy by HIPPA?
I just usually lurk here and try to catch up on recruiting info etc. You are right that it's a waste of time to engage this clown, but I'm tired of him souring my experience in every single thread I try to follow. I should probably just block him and move on.

Reactions: bison13
I just usually lurk here and try to catch up on recruiting info etc. You are right that it's a waste of time to engage this clown, but I'm tired of him souring my experience in every single thread I try to follow. I should probably just block him and move on.
Yeah, stick around if you can. Your contributions are good.

@Wallace Breen is either just here to cause trouble or doesn't know what he is talking about.

This was my final realization:

If the line can make more progress than expected and a legit #1 receiver emerges (we haven't had one since Godwin left, though Gesicki filled in quite nicely for one year), the offense could be really good by mid season. Maybe enough to balance out a defense that looks suspect at many positions.

Jahan Dotson says hello.

Sorry, you are wrong. Dotson isn't a legit #1. He is a very talented slot receiver or secondary option. He catches everything within his catch radius and has a talent for getting open against zone but was proven to be a below average receiver when playing in the all important X position where he regularly faced man to man coverage.

You've officially jumped the shark, Wallie.

The NFL people who watch film for a living judged Dotson as a mid 1stRound talent.

Catch you later.

Ohio State and…?

I’m assuming you mean Michigan but I would say they are more the same level of talents as PSU not clearly more. They obviously clobbered us last year but that was more matchup and tactics than overwhelming talent difference
Michigan outrecruits psu. That is the reality. Not by as much as OSU but they are ahead of psu.

Two teams in the big10 have more talent. Fact.

Loaded but still have holes and no experience at QB.
Well PSU is tied with UM for the most draft picks in the last two years. Plenty of talent to win the BIG10 and beat those teams.

Reactions: LMTLION
You are not a voice of reason. You are an idiot.

Obviously you are a Bucknut, Referine or a sPitt fan.

Stop wasting time putting crap on our boards douche.

He knows more than us.
He knows more than the pros.
Jaded mind, down in a hole.
He's Peggy, Peggy Pigeon!

At least he's consistent(ly condescending and terrible) 🤣 a coin for your Pigeon!

Reactions: bison13 and royboy

5. Okay. We shall see.

Put him/her on ignore. When he/she gets no responses then he/she has nothing.

False according to recruiting metrics. You can draw your own conclusions from a player evaluation and development perspective but here's the evidence to prove you mostly false:

No. Your source failed to list psu overview for some reason. It did not support their argument. Michigan actually finished ahead of psu in the composite rankings for those 6 years. Um averages 12th and psu 13th. Your source.

Last year's beatdown also did not support the story. Another flaw is they only compared starters.

No. Your source failed to list psu overview for some reason. It did not support their argument. Michigan actually finished ahead of psu in the composite rankings for those 6 years. Um averages 12th and psu 13th. Your source.

Last year's beatdown also did not support the story. Another flaw is they only compared starters.
Michigan outrecruits psu. That is the reality. Not by as much as OSU but they are ahead of psu.
Why get hung up on this?

So there is very little difference in the recruiting rankings, which is a subjective rating of kids who are in high school to start with.

Penn State is getting quality talent. Look at the recruiting class of 2022 -- what schools in the country have 3 players as good as Drew Allar, Nick Singleton, and Abdul Carter in that class?

Reactions: 81b&w
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT