ADVERTISEMENT

4 Ohio State starters opt out of Rose Bowl

When the fans hit the portal and opt out of buying season tickets, things might change. When that happens they will go to the ppv streaming but if that falls through too, it's NFL minor league football.
College football has been a scam for awhile now. A minor league that the nfl doesn't pay for. See the calories of the top ten coaches ? Ridiculous.

When I have posted before about the end of CFB, this is what I am talking about. Kids are now opting out of the Rose Bowl, FFS. Unbelievable.

Wh cares who's on the roster, the game will still be played by the TEAM. This is the big chance for a guy like B Schmitty get up and prove once and for all he's not slower than the grim reaper sneaking up on Hubie Brown. Even my son, we were watching Mid Penn Kkklassics Steeltown v Chapahoo - he said damn B Schmitty looks "slower footed than death itself out there".

College football has been a scam for awhile now. A minor league that the nfl doesn't pay for. See the calories of the top ten coaches ? Ridiculous.
What should the NFL pay for? Why should they pay? By your logic, i guess you could say high schools are a minor league for big college football that college football doesn’t pay for

Reactions: 19333lion
The bowls are dead and they just don't know it. Or maybe they do. More reason to move to and sooner than later, expanded playoffs. I recall a time when I watched at least a dozen bowl games each year. Now, with many of the best players opting out of the non-playoff bowls, why watch games other than the two playoff games and your favorite team?

The bowls are dead and they just don't know it. Or maybe they do. More reason to move to and sooner than later, expanded playoffs. I recall a time when I watched at least a dozen bowl games each year. Now, with many of the best players opting out of the non-playoff bowls, why watch games other than the two playoff games and your favorite team?
That is a good point. Maybe this will expedite the expanded playoff system. It only took them 70 years to concoct a playoff so they clearly have a strong sense of urgency.

I agree, these bowl games have dissolved into scrimmages of the second teams. The PSU game is a bit of a joke with the defense we are trotting out there. Will be like the Blue White game.
I understand this point of view. But a year or two ago everyone is excited when the new recruiting classes sign. Now some of those guys will be getting an opportunity and we’re over here like “ ahh screw this, not worth watching “ . Root for the logo. Players come and go all the time.

I understand this point of view. But a year or two ago everyone is excited when the new recruiting classes sign. Now some of those guys will be getting an opportunity and we’re over here like “ ahh screw this, not worth watching “ . Root for the logo. Players come and go all the time.
I will watch and cheer for PSU as I always do but the whole aura of a New Years day bowl/big game against an SEC team is gone. Yeah, it is good that second teamers get to play I guess but before they got a lot of practice reps then let the star first teamers and seniors play in the bowl game. Totally watered down product now. Basically nothing on the line, no excitement because we are not even fielding close to our best team.

Think about how far the bowls have fallen. Can you imagine if our stars opted out of the 2017 Rose Bowl or even the Fiesta Bowl the next season? Now it is expected and if you don't opt out yet are expected to be a rd 1-3 pick you will be looked upon as a complete moron.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
What should the NFL pay for? Why should they pay? By your logic, i guess you could say high schools are a minor league for big college football that college football doesn’t pay for
Make they're own major league , kind of like the minor leagues . Duh. It's over , was fun while it lasted.
Hope you're a certain age because you're never going to see another national championship at penn state.

I will watch and cheer for PSU as I always do but the whole aura of a New Years day bowl/big game against an SEC team is gone. Yeah, it is good that second teamers get to play I guess but before they got a lot of practice reps then let the star first teamers and seniors play in the bowl game. Totally watered down product now. Basically nothing on the line, no excitement because we are not even fielding close to our best team.

Think about how far the bowls have fallen. Can you imagine if our stars opted out of the 2017 Rose Bowl or even the Fiesta Bowl the next season? Now it is expected and if you don't opt out yet are expected to be a rd 1-3 pick you will be looked upon as a complete moron.
Exactly, but why watch and cheer? What's the point?

You are probably correct. For me though, college football began it’s decline when they started the 4 team playoffs. After your team’s first big loss they were no longer relevant in the eyes of the sports reporters and to some became a disappointment to their own fans.
I still enjoy watching PSU in whatever bowl game they are in but have lost interest in watching most other bowl games. Even the playoff games.

Fleming is a near lock to start for OSU next year - he'll be the #2 receiver. Egbuka and Harrison will battle for the 3rd starting spot. The key for Fleming is finally staying healthy for a change.
If he’s a near lock to start next year why didn’t get any playing time this year? I know he’s had some injuries. But come one…

Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave for starters plus his injuries.
Brian Hartline just may be the best position recruiter in America.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave for starters plus his injuries.
Brian Hartline just may be the best position recruiter in America.
I’m going to ignore Herbie and other homers and go with whoever recruits Bama’s D-Line

If he’s a near lock to start next year why didn’t get any playing time this year? I know he’s had some injuries. But come one…
You hit on the problem - injuries. He had off season surgery on an injured shoulder and then suffered a hamstring injury earlier in this season - when he had a chance to get in mop up games. That hamstring kept him out the 4 or 5 following games.

I'll rephrase my earlier comment -----he'll be given every chance to be the #2 receiver (behind Smith-Njigba). If you read the OSU reports, the talent is definitely there. It's just a matter of staying healthy which he obviously has a problem with.

Reactions: tlbakernc
You are probably correct. For me though, college football began it’s decline when they started the 4 team playoffs. After your team’s first big loss they were no longer relevant in the eyes of the sports reporters and to some became a disappointment to their own fans.
I still enjoy watching PSU in whatever bowl game they are in but have lost interest in watching most other bowl games. Even the playoff games.

I find this year's playoff's more interesting with two new schools. Unfortunately, one of them being Michigan (plus UGA getting in with their schedule) offsets that entirely. PSU will be the only bowl game I watch by choice this year.

You nailed it......."the bowls are dead.....they just don't know it"....which is too bad for an older generation (like me) that grew up on the importance of bowl games.

You hit on the problem - injuries. He had off season surgery on an injured shoulder and then suffered a hamstring injury earlier in this season - when he had a chance to get in mop up games. That hamstring kept him out the 4 or 5 following games.

I'll rephrase my earlier comment -----he'll be given every chance to be the #2 receiver (behind Smith-Njigba). If you read the OSU reports, the talent is definitely there. It's just a matter of staying healthy which he obviously has a problem with.
Can hardly wait.

When I have posted before about the end of CFB, this is what I am talking about. Kids are now opting out of the Rose Bowl, FFS. Unbelievable.

I find this all so disconcerting. In as much as I understand that SOME of these kids are one day away from a very large payday, only SOME of them really are. For the rest, go out and play your best game ever.

I'm about done. The coaches get richer and we get a crappier product. I don't care anymore.
BnB I hear you but I don’t really care anymore Maybe because at Navy football was something to do on a Saturday or being a Pitt fans bowl game has low expectations. I get at PSU the games have more meaning but the CFP has removed the prestige of the Rose Bowl.

You nailed it......."the bowls are dead.....they just don't know it"....which is too bad for an older generation (like me) that grew up on the importance of bowl games.
I enjoyed watching AF - Louisville. And the Auburn game For me it is better than watching basketball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT