ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 35 and just started dating-what do you think?

So i'm a late bloomer. Just started dating seriously because everything else was much more fun and I literally wasn't ready to be more responsible. With or without football im ready to transition-a) should I? I can do whatever I want literally and its hella fun, but part of b) me is willing to meet a great woman that "completes me" and im torn. There may not be a right answer, but after three months, I trust you guys. Shoot.
Treat your dates with respect. Be a gentleman at all times. It will set you apart. You will never regret it and your dates will never forget it.

Romantacism in Europe and Disney in America are all nice and well but the finding a SO that "completes you" ... you should take relationship advice from your local priest or schwammi, not Jerry McGuire.

I have not dated in a long, long time. But the best advice I ever heard post-dating life was that you should take your prospective long term partner and put them in a difficult (but safe) situation that the two of you will routinely encounter (for example, last minute switch to eat with a family member who has a very vocal view on religion/politics; cancelling the romantic private vacation for the yearly family vacation to a local theme park; cancelling Saturday night date plans at the last minute in order to watch your sister's kids because she needs the help) and see how they respond to the situation. If they can't or won't adapt for you, probably best to move on.

If "Just started dating seriously..." means you've never lived with a woman then you're going to need to understand what that involves from an intimacy perspective if you get to that stage. Getting that worked out can be tricky, and women in their mid-30's generally are more likely to have had the experience of living with another man (or men) and have higher expectations when it comes to personal time and space. Good luck.

So i'm a late bloomer. Just started dating seriously because everything else was much more fun and I literally wasn't ready to be more responsible. With or without football im ready to transition-a) should I? I can do whatever I want literally and its hella fun, but part of b) me is willing to meet a great woman that "completes me" and im torn. There may not be a right answer, but after three months, I trust you guys. Shoot.

Watch 40 year old Virgin. That should be a semi blue-print.

Hilarious! You trust people on this board to help you get some tail. OMG!!!

Kindness. Date somebody who is kind. You will probably look at women ask yourself how good-looking are they? Are they smart? Are they funny? Does their education and possible career indicate they have some goals or ambition in life? Things like that. But if they aren't kind nothing else matters.

When I was younger I never gave it much consideration. My assumption was the great majority of women are kind because that's how my mother and other women in my family are but it's not necessarily the case. A lot are pretty cold or outright mean. Look for kindness first and if there are any questions move on.

Kindness. Date somebody who is kind. You will probably look at women ask yourself how good-looking are they? Are they smart? Are they funny? Does their education and possible career indicate they have some goals or ambition in life? Things like that. But if they aren't kind nothing else matters.

When I was younger I never gave it much consideration. My assumption was the great majority of women are kind because that's how my mother and other women in my family are but it's not necessarily the case. A lot are pretty cold or outright mean. Look for kindness first and if there are any questions move on.
In line with the kindness, if you have a dog, see how she treats the dog. If you don’t have one, get one and see how she treats it. If she can’t show love and affection to a dog, run away.

Reactions: Mile High Lion
In line with the kindness, if you have a dog, see how she treats the dog. If you don’t have one, get one and see how she treats it. If she can’t show love and affection to a dog, run away.
Our mutual dislike of animals is about the only thing my wife and I have in common. It would have been hellish for either of us if the other had a dog.

Reactions: LionJim
I’m not that much older than you. Most of my friends are married now, a few divorced, but I do see that many have changed their tastes as they approached their mid to late 30’s. You no longer necessarily go after the hottest babe you can get and think about overall compatibility. Being attracted to your partner is always important, but if you start seeking out other attributes you just may find a gal who makes you want to settle down.

Good luck. In the meantime keep slaying it while you can!

I’m not that much older than you. Most of my friends are married now, a few divorced, but I do see that many have changed their tastes as they approached their mid to late 30’s. You no longer necessarily go after the hottest babe you can get and think about overall compatibility. Being attracted to your partner is always important, but if you start seeking out other attributes you just may find a gal who makes you want to settle down.

Good luck. In the meantime keep slaying it while you can!
Question for you: given the ages of the women he’d be dating, won’t they, by and large, be looking to settle down?

It’s not as if we need another reminder of the age we live in:
Job first, family and faith down the line.
I’ll grow up someday.
How many times can I use the first person singular.
I need a therapist.
Etc. etc..

Reactions: bison13
I would think so. Seems like he had been targeting the ones that weren’t up to this point!
I got the impression that he hasn't been targeting any women, and has never been with a woman before.
As for lionjom, a 30 year old's partner-target-age-range could be 18-55, so not all are necessarily looking to settle down.
anyway, this seems like it was a driveby one and done troll post

Hey there! I noticed that this is an older forum post, but I still wanted to provide some helpful advice. It's great that you're considering getting into the dating game at 35. It's never too late to start meeting new people and having fun. If you're looking to meet people, have you tried using dating sites or apps? They can be a great way to connect with others who share your interests and values. Plus, it's a lot easier than trying to meet someone at a bar or club. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what's important in your life. You know, life has its own plans. Personally, I found my wife three years ago on one of the dating sites for ukraine that I had found accidentally. That's life. What can I say?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT