ADVERTISEMENT

3 of Munchak’s boys named to pro bowl.

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
DeCastro, Pouncey, and Villanueva. DeCastro and Pouncey are starters.

Conner also named a starter. Kid who nobody thought would do anything.

Brown and Heyward also named to pro bowl.

Conner? Ouch. Decent back but pro bowl? Only if he picked up a 7-10 split.

Reactions: BBrown

All are very deserving. After watching the Pats-Steelers I'm starting to think anyone can run behind that line though

The fact that Juju isn't in is a joke. Chances are, he'll be in if the Chargers or Cheifs make the SB.

Also, I hope they let the Pouncey brothers take a few snaps together.

Agree but brown is only 100 or so yards behind JUJU, they both have a ton of yards. 1100+ and 1200+. Brown does lead NFL receivers in touchdowns. They both deserve to be there
Agreed. An argument could be made that Juju is getting a lot of 1 on 1 coverage because of Brown getting doubled, but he is catching clutch passes that very few guys in the NFL catch. Both deserve to be in.

Reactions: BBrown and royboy
Agreed. An argument could be made that Juju is getting a lot of 1 on 1 coverage because of Brown getting doubled, but he is catching clutch passes that very few guys in the NFL catch. Both deserve to be in.

I definitely agree that JuJu is greatly benefitted because of the attention Brown draws

Limegrover seems like a very good OL coach, but wouldn't it be nice if Munchak was coaching the PSU OL.....

:)

Limegrover seems like a very good OL coach, but wouldn't it be nice if Munchak was coaching the PSU OL.....

:)
Then put up with the demands of recruiting? The last time I saw him locally he wasn't getting around all that well. Chop blocks on your knees for 20ish years doesn't bode well for plane trips on the recruiting trail.

Conner is good but he's not "probowl" good, especially since he's missed he last 3 games.

Then put up with the demands of recruiting? The last time I saw him locally he wasn't getting around all that well. Chop blocks on your knees for 20ish years doesn't bode well for plane trips on the recruiting trail.
you do know who does the chopping in a chop block dont you? And you do know what position he played? Other than that, I agree, why put up with recruiting if you dont have to.

you do know who does the chopping in a chop block dont you? And you do know what position he played? Other than that, I agree, why put up with recruiting if you dont have to.
You're absolutely right. I should have said defenders taking out his knees. He walks like he's 80 years old.

He had his chance to help when we were drowning and ignored us
I like Mike. Testa, I believe that PSU was looking at Mike for the head coaching job (correct me if I am wrong). Being a head coach and a position coach is a big difference. Maybe he just did want the whole enchilada. Wouldn't mind seeing Mike as our OL coach.

I like Mike. Testa, I believe that PSU was looking at Mike for the head coaching job (correct me if I am wrong). Being a head coach and a position coach is a big difference. Maybe he just did want the whole enchilada. Wouldn't mind seeing Mike as our OL coach.
He was head coach for the Titans and on a short leash when the sh-t went down.

Conner? Ouch. Decent back but pro bowl? Only if he picked up a 7-10 split.

I thought he would be a fine third down/goal line back in the NFL but that was it. Then at one point early in the year I thought I was dead wrong. It turns out the reality is somewhere in between. He is a nice player but he is far to inconsistent to be the guy and he doesn't show up when you need him. He had the huge drop against the Jags on their winning drive that was a sure TD when he was wide open and he had a really bad fumble late against I think the Broncos when they needed points and ended up losing. Those were two huge misses for him. Luckily against the Jags they pulled it out.

He's a fine player and if you pair him with another guy to split time you have a nice backfield but I wouldn't count on him to be the guy and while I'm glad he made the Pro Bowl as a Steelers fan I'm not so sure he should have.

Reactions: BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT