ADVERTISEMENT

28 year old English teacher, 8 months, pregnant, caught having relations with 15 year old...

Straight Women and gay dudes appear to have it made vis-à-vis no strings attached, on demand (almost) sex. No woman to say “no”.

I remember reading the book about the onset of the AIDS crisis, And the Band Played On, and the sheer ease of casual sex in the gay male community in the 70s and early 80s was just astounding. The CDC, after interviewing early patients about their sexual history, had to totally rethink their models showing the spread of disease vectors. We’re taking 50-100 new sexual partners in a month for some guys!
I read the book "And The Band Played On" in college and it really made me rethink the idea of casual heterosexual sex. Some of the documented accounts in that book were devastating, especially the guy from fire island. Initially, I thought the numbers were impossible until I took the calculator out and figured out that from the age of 18 until his death 22 the guy slept with over 2000 men, many after he was diagnosed with the illness. The section on NY bathhouses was equally catastrophic.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
If you research laws pertaining to this subject you will see "surrogate parent" used in some very high profile cases and sited in laws.

Interesting. I guess that explains why I was slapped around with impunity as a kid in Catholic school. I consider myself lucky it was just physical abuse.

I saw a presentation from the original "date rape" girl Katie Koester. As a freshmen, she filed (what she describes) as the first date rape charges and ended up being put on the cover of Time magazine (back when Time was relevant).

1101910603_400.jpg

She travels and speaks to groups a lot. I highly recommend attending one of her sessions if you get the chance. Quite an eye opener in many ways (definition, legal definition, social media, hand-held devices, college rights). For example, she has a story about a gal that got a very high end scholarship. Her boyfriend, going to a different college, left his phone unguarded and his "friends" posted a picture of the girl that afternoon on social media. By 7:30 that night she was called into the dean's office expelled, stripped of her scholarship and billed for anything that had been covered by the 'ship up unto that time. She lost all legal remedies because she signed a waver.

anyway, gave me a new appreciation for how big a problem all this kind of stuff is today, especially with social media.

Just to be clear, my post in no way is meant to undermine a victim, an alleged criminal or Time magazine (or the justice system). It also does not purposely have a secondary meaning, hidden satanic messages or suggest that "Paul is Dead"....just to be clear.

I read the book "And The Band Played On" in college and it really made me rethink the idea of casual heterosexual sex. Some of the documented accounts in that book were devastating, especially the guy from fire island. Initially, I thought the numbers were impossible until I took the calculator out and figured out that from the age of 18 until his death 22 the guy slept with over 2000 men, many after he was diagnosed with the illness. The section on NY bathhouses was equally catastrophic.
Not to go down a rabbit hole here (and I strongly advocate using safer sex methods, especially for casual encounters), but the likelihood of contracting HIV from male-male sex is much, much higher than during a heterosexual encounter.

Reactions: RU31trap
They almost lynched then SF Mayor Dianne Feinstein when she ordered the city’s bathhouses to be closed temporarily until they got a handle on what the hell was happening.

Reactions: RU31trap
How does a teacher let him/herself get into these situations? Because they enjoy the power, and they enjoy the young flesh, whether they initiate it or the teenager does. The teachers are both powerful and weak.
I think it's more like Mr. Brown's description of "Like a Virgin" in Reservoir Dogs.

And school counselors now also.

some oddities (besides the obvious one) in the counselor story:

- the son caught by his mom in the act with his counselor was a 17-year-old 9th grader (I was 17 when I graduated from HS)
- the counselor worked at the Junior High. Harwood Junior High is for 7th, 8th, and 9th graders (while there are plenty of exceptions, most districts have moved to a middle school model, that serves grades 6th, 7th, and 8th, with 9 - 12 being HS)

some oddities (besides the obvious one) in the counselor story:

- the son caught by his mom in the act with his counselor was a 17-year-old 9th grader (I was 17 when I graduated from HS)
- the counselor worked at the Junior High. Harwood Junior High is for 7th, 8th, and 9th graders (while there are plenty of exceptions, most districts have moved to a middle school model, that serves grades 6th, 7th, and 8th, with 9 - 12 being HS)
I also graduated HS at 17 and entered PSU at 17.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT