ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal

Wow. That tells me that Michigan is in the running for Alirez.
Unless it's a matter of freeing up money, why would there be any correlation? Cannon has never wrestled above 133. Alirez has never been below 141, and a lot of people expect him to go 149 this year.

I'd expect Michigan to be in the hunt because their presumed 149 starter is a career 7-7. Also because Michigan.

And if Alirez is transferring, setting himself up at CLWC under Beloglazov is a far better option for his senior-level freestyle career than anything Iowa can offer.

Unless it's a matter of freeing up money, why would there be any correlation? Cannon has never wrestled above 133. Alirez has never been below 141, and a lot of people expect him to go 149 this year.

I'd expect Michigan to be in the hunt because their presumed 149 starter is a career 7-7. Also because Michigan.

And if Alirez is transferring, setting himself up at CLWC under Beloglazov is a far better option for his senior-level freestyle career than anything Iowa can offer.
Yeah, it does seem more likely he goes to Michigan when you put it that way.

Cannon was supposed to go to 141 this year to allow Lemley to RS, so it immediately struck me as a major potential upgrade at 141 for them, but if he is going to 149, then throw that out the window.

GMgcDcHWMAAT174

GMgcDcEWsAABs_K
Who is the little guy?

Reactions: District four

Last year there was talk of Ragusin and Cannon 133/141. Either going 141 this year could’ve been on the table. Alirez is 141.

Looked like they were going to go Cannon 133 and Ragusin redshirt. Then cannon got hurt.

So absolutely some degree of correlation even if not the most likely outcome.

Cannon was supposed to go to 141 this year to allow Lemley to RS, so it immediately struck me as a major potential upgrade at 141 for them, but if he is going to 149, then throw that out the window.
i think you have this mixed up. Cannon was supposed to be 133 and Ragusin was in redshirt. When Cannon got hurt, Ragusin came back.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
i think you have this mixed up. Cannon was supposed to be 133 and Ragusin was in redshirt. When Cannon got hurt, Ragusin came back.
That was this year. For next year, the plan as I understand it was for Cannon to move up to 141 since it no longer makes any sense for Ragusin to RS at this point and allow Lemley to RS. So, I guess a couple things could be happening.

1. Based on the timing of Cannon jumping in almost immediately after Alirez announced made it seem to me like they told him they were going after Alirez to be the 141 bridge so that Lemley could RS (and Cannon is too small for 149).

2. It has nothing to do with Alirez at all, and Cannon just didn't fully buy in to the 141 plan and wants to find somewhere to go 133 since that's not open at Michigan any more.

3. If Michigan brings in Alirez for a one year run at 149, then they may not RS Lemley and instead push for as high of a placement as they can get with Ragusin, Alirez, and Amine in their final year.

I believe random is referring to this coming year. Where the rumor was Cannon 141 and a Lemley RS. That is what Willie had in his last crystal ball. (And he responded the same time as me lol)

That was this year. For next year, the plan as I understand it was for Cannon to move up to 141 since it no longer makes any sense for Ragusin to RS at this point and allow Lemley to RS. So, I guess a couple things could be happening.

1. Based on the timing of Cannon jumping in almost immediately after Alirez announced made it seem to me like they told him they were going after Alirez to be the 141 bridge so that Lemley could RS (and Cannon is too small for 149).

2. It has nothing to do with Alirez at all, and Cannon just didn't fully buy in to the 141 plan and wants to find somewhere to go 133 since that's not open at Michigan any more.

3. If Michigan brings in Alirez for a one year run at 149, then they may not RS Lemley and instead push for as high of a placement as they can get with Ragusin, Alirez, and Amine in their final year.
ah misunderstood. my bad!

Not super shocked since he looked pretty big at trials but per HR, Alirez will be going 149 at wherever his new school is, he'd a massive upgrade (contender) for any of them obviously.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
looks like BEN is hooking up with the wrong people how long till they both are out?
Nothing against tattoos, but Ben has poor taste in his ink. That's as random and poorly thought out as it gets. His taste in workout partners is no better.

My main thought though is........what the hell is AJ Ferrari doing working out in the Iowa weight room? More poor (and desperate) judgement from the Coach Brands.

Reactions: Lyons212
Nothing against tattoos, but Ben has poor taste in his ink. That's as random and poorly thought out as it gets. His taste in workout partners is no better.

My main thought though is........what the hell is AJ Ferrari doing working out in the Iowa weight room? More poor (and desperate) judgement from the Coach Brands.
I have exactly zero tats never was my thing!

Not to repeat myself but Iowa does have a risk management department. and his antics are an injury waiting to happen. He'll end up crippled like former bodybuilder Ronnie Coleman if not injured. Something tells Ferrari couldn't "learn to code" if his life depended on it, so he'll sue for "inadequate supervision" or some other made up nonsense.

Of course we should feel some sympathy for Mrs. Keuter. This clearly isn't the picture of a son a mother wants to see the week before Mother's Day.

The numbers will change, but as of May 4th - there are 221 wrestlers in the portal - with approx 100 teams competing D1 with an average of 20 kids in each program, that's over 10% of the total in the portal!

NIL is definitely needed. NIL needs some boundaries. Should it be tied to the limit of 9.9 scholarships. Love or hate the NFL, but the salary cap has created the correct parity in the league.

Does NCAA Wrestling need parity?

i can't say definitively what the preseason plan was last year, but Lemley 100% wanted to RS.

of course as the season moved on it was clear he was ready to go. (that's no shot at the MICH staff. i assume they saw he was ready before even Sergio did).

Reactions: jpsolo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT