ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal

Hamiti to OKST confirmed. 165 or 174 is the big question he can pick his weight
If he's 174, what happens to Thompson? Wasn't he a top 10 recruit? He had his moments as a true freshman this year, so I doubt they're giving up on him. I guess he could redshirt.

If he's 174, what happens to Thompson? Wasn't he a top 10 recruit? He had his moments as a true freshman this year, so I doubt they're giving up on him. I guess he could redshirt.
If Hamiti goes 174, then OKST still needs a 165 to replace Olejnik.

If that's Travis, then they need a 157.

Can Thompson get down to 165? What is his history? Was he bumped up due to Izzy or is he a more natural 174?
According to Track, he wrestled 170 in 2022 in Illinois before transferring to Stilly High.

He had 2 matches on Track last year, both at 190. That's too small a sample set. OKST listed him as a 182 in their commitment announcement.

He did not compete at 2022 or 2023 Fargo.

Reactions: Random4598375
According to Track, he wrestled 170 in 2022 in Illinois before transferring to Stilly High.

He had 2 matches on Track last year, both at 190. That's too small a sample set. OKST listed him as a 182 in their commitment announcement.

He did not compete at 2022 or 2023 Fargo.
Ok, sounds like he probably needs to redshirt then pick which of 174 or 184 he wants since both Hamiti and Plott will be gone after this year.

I'm not sure "force" would be the right word. I have no inside info, but some say Caliendo's been a 157 his whole career, but wrestled up because of Franek. I know he certified at 157 this year. It could be his natural weight class.
He looks big for 165, all year I thought he looked like a 174, now everyone states he registered at 157!

If he goes 157 he's gotta look like "that guy" that wears a medium T-shirt but really needs an XL.

That Horwath record is wild and it's not like he was wrestling a tough schedule. Didn't he use to beat Davis consistently?
He did, 4-0 record against him I believe. Horwath and Gilcher just had terrible redshirt seasons. Just odd, guess we’ll see next year

He should fill 157 for them.

Would guess their lineup looks something like this

125: Transfer
133: Ragusin
141:Cannon
149:Gilcher
157: Saldate
165: Amine
174: Mantanona
184: Bullock
197: Rodgers
285: Transfer

He should fill 157 for them.

Would guess their lineup looks something like this

125: Transfer
133: Ragusin
141:Cannon
149:Gilcher
157: Saldate
165: Amine
174: Mantanona
184: Bullock
197: Rodgers
285: Transfer
Lemley shirting?

Also, if they don't get a transfer HWT, I wouldn't be surprised if Walters bumps up. He wrestled 220 his HS SR year and was good there -- won Super 32.

interesting the Spartan would go to Wolverines.. pretty good school rivalry or animosity there...

interesting the Spartan would go to Wolverines.. pretty good school rivalry or animosity there...
Rumor has it that Saldate was convinced to go to Michigan by several former Presidents and a famous "athlete". Jackson, Grant but mostly Olympic level kite-flyer Ben Franklin....lotsa Franklins.:)

Last edited:
Lemley shirting?

Also, if they don't get a transfer HWT, I wouldn't be surprised if Walters bumps up. He wrestled 220 his HS SR year and was good there -- won Super 32.
Willie said Lemley wanted to shirt but wrestled because Cannon got hurt and Michigan wanted the points. No clue how true that is obviously. Also feel like he could use the shirt to develop a little

Willie said Lemley wanted to shirt but wrestled because Cannon got hurt and Michigan wanted the points. No clue how true that is obviously. Also feel like he could use the shirt to develop a little
Either Willie is wrong about that or you misunderstood. Ragusin (not Lemley) was actually shirting this year, and it was pulled when Cannon got hurt.

I would guess Cannon in done. Lemley is better anyway.

125 should be Horwath.
I agree it probably will be Horwath of they can’t get a transfer but he went 2-6 again as d1 comp and 5-6 overall as a redshirt and didnt compete second semester. I have a feeling they will look for a guaranteed point scorer unless something was going on they and he is expected to be back to form

Either Willie is wrong about that or you misunderstood. Ragusin (not Lemley) was actually shirting this year, and it was pulled when Cannon got hurt.
Willie says in his top stories to watch in the offseason that 1. Ragusin is the one who came out of redshirt for Cannon. 2. He says that Cannon is expected to return this year and Ragusin still has the redshirt if he wants it. 3. He then says about Lemley “THE TRUE FRESHMAN wanted to redshirt but came out due to Cannon’s injury”. I think both can be true. That Cannon getting injured was the cause for both redshirts getting pulled

I know Willie is as connected as they get but that doesn't add up seeing how Ragusin got Cannon's points back? I buy that they wanted his points but shouldn't have any correlation with Cannon getting hurt (unless they were trying to bulk Ragusin up?)

I agree it probably will be Horwath of they can’t get a transfer but he went 2-6 again as d1 comp and 5-6 overall as a redshirt and didnt compete second semester. I have a feeling they will look for a guaranteed point scorer unless something was going on they and he is expected to be back to form
This, plus Horwath didn't exactly face murderer's row while going 2-6. He faced one NQ (pinned by 26 seed West). Got majored by Kilkeary. One other guy with a winning record (lost to Pitt's shirting FR Chappell, who went 11-7 at opens).

Which means he went 2-3 against wrestlers with losing records.

Even if he were injured, gotta think Michigan will look for an import. If they're unsuccessful, then Horwath is probably the starter.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
This, plus Horwath didn't exactly face murderer's row while going 2-6. He faced one NQ (pinned by 26 seed West). Got majored by Kilkeary. One other guy with a winning record (lost to Pitt's shirting FR Chappell, who went 11-7 at opens).

Which means he went 2-3 against wrestlers with losing records.

Even if he were injured, gotta think Michigan will look for an import. If they're unsuccessful, then Horwath is probably the starter.
Horwath undeniably struggled and didn't get good results as a redshirt, but that's not unheard of, either. He was a pretty high recruit. I doubt they're going to recruit over him after one struggling season as a redshirt, unless maybe it's someone who is a finals contender (no idea who, though).

Reactions: zzs006
I picked a terrible week to give up sanity.........Thanks
a8f5b4611026005a51a817e4dd2c6309f0dd1745.gif

Horwath undeniably struggled and didn't get good results as a redshirt, but that's not unheard of, either. He was a pretty high recruit. I doubt they're going to recruit over him after one struggling season as a redshirt, unless maybe it's someone who is a finals contender (no idea who, though).
I was thinking a 1-yr rental, to give him another year to get back on track.

Yeah, sometimes guys have bad first years. But how many of them were that bad? And of those, how many then turn it around the very next year?

Reactions: ccdiver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT