ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Senior worlds September 16-24

Mason Parris coming up next vs Abdullah Kurbanov (AIN) for bronze and to qualify the weight for the Olympics.
  • Kurbanov clearly a light heavyweight, I believe he bumped up over the last few years.
  • Parris with a dump for two, turned but didn't take Kurbanov with him. 2-0.
  • Kurbanov pushes Parris out, 2-1.
  • Kurbanov looking upper body, Parris says okay and Kurbanov goes straight to his back. 6-1.
  • Nice exchange, nice D by Parris, Kurbanov settles for stepout. 6-2.
  • Kurbanov shot but Parris stuffs it.
  • Parris with a quick go-behind just prior to break. 8-2.
  • Parris with a low single, looked to be walking him out but then converts as he's going out of bounds. 10-2, a takedown will end it.
  • And there it is, domination from Parris, 12-2, Mason Parris is a bronze medalist. Great job.

In the final match of the day, honorary NLWC member Geno Petriashveli up for gold against Amir Zare. A Petro win here helps the US in the team race.

It was all Zare, Petro had no answers. 10-0.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great commentary this far, I keep refreshing and refreshing to see what’s happening. Thank you.

I remember during Covid, DT beat someone and after the match, he said he wanted Sadulaev. I think Sadulaev posted a video laughing. At the time, I thought DT was stretching a bit by calling out Sadulaev. But now, DT is arguably the best wrestler in the world, and the tides may have turned. Of course, we’ll see what happens at 97kg, and of course I’m Snyder 100%, but it’s just interesting to me that DT has the current claim on #1 in the world.

Seriously, how can he say that when there's a guy out there with a 98-6 career NCAA record and 81% career bonus percentage????? And a couple of JR World Golds?????
Kill Count Never Gets Old GIF by Dead Meat James

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT