ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Kids will be kids. I remember Parsons did something similar in his commitment video. I think he had on an Oklahoma shirt and then put on a PSU shirt or something. What's good for the goose...

Kids will be kids. I remember Parsons did something similar in his commitment video. I think he had on an Oklahoma shirt and then put on a PSU shirt or something. What's good for the goose...
True. But apples/oranges. Some people might not understand the social media mentions but him tagging Franklin and Zemaitis in his commitment video to Rutgers is akin to accepting a job offer via email to one company...telling them how excited you are to be on board...and carbon copying another company that also offered you a similar position. That's the best analogy I can think of. Regardless, not a good look to tie that video to our staff.

Kaytron Allen announces live on his Instagram account today at 5:15 PM:

Reactions: TheGLOV
Drew Allar’s composite:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
The pic that he shared via tweet from his OV seemed to be a clue that he wasn't PSU bound...no offense intended to him whatsoever but it wasn't taken in front of the usual photo backdrops, the location was...unique.

Perfectly happy with this class as it’s coming together. Beyond excited, really.
I would say the staffs recruiting effort is just perfect this year. They really didn’t miss on many top targets, and the few they did, being recruiting is a numbers game anyway, that’s just going to happen.

You could just tell last year things weren’t right on any level, but if they can spin that into gold this year then I have a lot of hope of what they can do with this team.

I would say the staffs recruiting effort is just perfect this year. They really didn’t miss on many top targets, and the few they did, being recruiting is a numbers game anyway, that’s just going to happen.

You could just tell last year things weren’t right on any level, but if they can spin that into gold this year then I have a lot of hope of what they can do with this team.
I think what should be evident to every realistic PSU Football Fan is the following:
No one outworks CJF and staff when it come to recruiting.
CJF has become very creative and perhaps one might even say innovative with his use of the portal ( particularly impressed with his inroads into the Ivy League)
The willingness of some former recruits who went elsewhere to return as Grad Transfers, speaks to the skills Franklin possesses in relationship building. You don't always hit the first pitch.
There is no downside to the bridge he has built with Lackawanna CC.

As a fan of more than 55 years, I am content with bringing in young men who are near the top (4 stars) of their classes, see the wisdom of being a student athlete and will be able to help PSU win more often than they lose, while perpetuating "Success with Honor.'

I think what should be evident to every realistic PSU Football Fan is the following:
No one outworks CJF and staff when it come to recruiting.
CJF has become very creative and perhaps one might even say innovative with his use of the portal ( particularly impressed with his inroads into the Ivy League)
The willingness of some former recruits who went elsewhere to return as Grad Transfers, speaks to the skills Franklin possesses in relationship building. You don't always hit the first pitch.
There is no downside to the bridge he has built with Lackawanna CC.

As a fan of more than 55 years, I am content with bringing in young men who are near the top (4 stars) of their classes, see the wisdom of being a student athlete and will be able to help PSU win more often than they lose, while perpetuating "Success with Honor.'
I think Jopa would be happy to see how Ob and CJF have done.CJF has been a great hire in every way

I think what is also helping is how engaged and re-energized CJF is. Covid really did f his world (at least mentally) and it showed. He and his family being able to be together and him being in a much better place mentally is also showing.
At the risk of engaging the thread police....I agree. Also as of 11/19 PSU football had 44 false positives...these players could not practice or be around the team. Combine that with the normal injuries, it should be understandable how this would take the "starch" out of any CEO.

Reactions: bison13 and brupsu
Took a few minutes this morning to read some threads on the 247 UGA board and they seem to be resigned to the fact that the DDS ship has sailed. Hope they're right. Kid seems like the perfect fit.
Just went over to take a look. All I see is a bunch of complaints that NIL killed the bagman. Nothing about DDS. Got a link?

• Love
Reactions: bmw199
July thread on Dawg247

"Could you tell me how losing DDS and Booker is a positive? I get that we’re gonna flip everybody but why is it so bad to want positive recruiting news all year round? Peanus State is #2 at the moment and they didn’t just get a brand new facility and also they won 4 games last year."
Jordan Allen reportedly had a dogs offer as well. Maybe they'll get used to it....

Boom. Penn State lands it’s No. 1 target at CB in Jordan Allen.

Is Jordan Allen a CB or Safety, or both? 247 lists him as a Safety. I read that Terry Smith was one of his main contacts. The roster does need more depth at Safety, but if JA is more of a Safety the class is at 20 with not one CB. Sure, position flexibility is great. JA calls himself "lockdown" which indicates his confidence in his coverage ability.

With Driver possibly coming on board as a WR/S like Flowers, and Mills, and possibly Winston soon ..... and with all the depth already on the roster at CB, .....

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Is Jordan Allen a CB or Safety, or both? 247 lists him as a Safety. I read that Terry Smith was one of his main contacts. The roster does need more depth at Safety, but if JA is more of a Safety the class is at 20 with not one CB. Sure, position flexibility is great. JA calls himself "lockdown" which indicates his confidence in his coverage ability.

With Driver possibly coming on board as a WR/S like Flowers, and Mills, and possibly Winston soon ..... and with all the depth already on the roster at CB, .....
I thought Allen was a take before Nelson Jr and taken as a Cb and the staff see's Nelson Jr as a Safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Allen was a take before Nelson Jr and taken as a Cb and the staff see's Nelson Jr as a Safety.
Yep, Nelson Jr doesn’t seem to be on PSU’s CB board, and maybe not on the PSU board at all now. Just seems a little odd for 247 to put Allen at Safety and the PSU staff to have him as their #1 CB target. But lots of differences of opinions this cycle….

Can’t have enough talented DB’s….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT