ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Hypothetically speaking...

Between Veilleux, Pribula, and Allar - one them has to become the guy we've been hunting for, right? Not exactly the prospects (on paper) that a school like OSU has been bringing in lately, but that's about as solid of a QB room that we could ask for given the circumstances.

Hypothetically speaking...

Between Veilleux, Pribula, and Allar - one them has to become the guy we've been hunting for, right? Not exactly the prospects (on paper) that a school like OSU has been bringing in lately, but that's about as solid of a QB room that we could ask for given the circumstances.
If the Pribula and Allar both sign, that will be an outstanding QB room.

I agree, but we did say the same thing two years ago, and look at where we are now...lack of development, transfers, and praying that the next committed recruit will save the program.
If Allar signs, he'd be the highest-ranked QB Penn State has signed under Franklin.

Reactions: bmw199
I agree, but we did say the same thing two years ago, and look at where we are now...lack of development, transfers, and praying that the next committed recruit will save the program.
What I like about these 3 is their size and arm strength and they all have good escapability, less in the mold of leaning to the overly athletic. Hopefully that will swing the QB style to less reliance on running the QB.

Reactions: 81b&w
Gotta think it is not a random coincidence that the same day ND gets a 3*** star QB commit, ND insider Loy puts in an 8 confidence level CB for PSU
Trying not to read too much into it but you're right - hard not to reason that the 3* kid ND picked up only got the green light to accept his offer after being told Allar wasn't coming.

People are excited about the new kid from Ohio who appears set to commit. I'm every bit as excited about Pribula. I think he has a chance to be special. Of course I'm biased since I live probably 20 miles from him.

I think the most exciting aspect of Allar (potentially) committing is adding him to a class that already has Pribula. Obviously only one of them can play the QB position at a time - but I feel like our chances of finding a difference maker between the two of them significantly increases. Hopefully the competition brings out the best in each of them. It's also intriguing that Allar and Pribula seem to have different skillsets, so watching it all play out will be super entertaining.

I think the most exciting aspect of Allar (potentially) committing is adding him to a class that already has Pribula. Obviously only one of them can play the QB position at a time - but I feel like our chances of finding a difference maker between the two of them significantly increases. Hopefully the competition brings out the best in each of them. It's also intriguing that Allar and Pribula seem to have different skillsets, so watching it all play out will be super entertaining.

Agreed. And reading the Pribula 247 article, it's nice to see that he already had a relationship with MY from when MY was at Ohio State. I'm always concerned when two QBs are signed in the same class. It seems awkward. That doesn't appear to be the case here, at least at this time. Then again, we only have three scholarship QBs on the roster, so the writing was on the wall for this class.

People are excited about the new kid from Ohio who appears set to commit. I'm every bit as excited about Pribula. I think he has a chance to be special. Of course I'm biased since I live probably 20 miles from him.

The shiny new toy phenomenon. I hope we get and keep both of them. I hope they can both contribute and push each other to be their best.

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
I’d rather sign a stud every year, because if if they’re both studs we won’t keep them both. But the competition, the diversity, and the options are good for the program. Come in, learn improve compete and let the best man win.

Allar looks like a great QB prospect.

Reactions: TheGLOV
QB's are the most high profile players on most teams, and for sure the players that usually have the greatest impact on winning or losing games. But the concept of competition goes across all positions. 2 RB's in a class, when only 1 can start and the starter usually gets a disproportionate share of the carries. 2 DT's in a class,.... The bottom line is that the top programs have top competition at every position, and to attain that level of competition requires loading up at every position in every recruiting class up to the scholarship limit.

Right now the positions with a glaring shortage of numbers, and talent depth, seem to be QB and DE. If Allar joins Pribula that will be 1 position potentially down with DE still short on talent and depth. In the Portal era any position could suddenly take a hit on numbers and talent, making getting a talented and position balanced class even more important.........

Fans dream of competition. 4 star QB enter the portal when they don't start.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Sean Fitz with a CB for Allar to Penn State with a confidence level of 8. The writing is on the wall that a commitment could be imminent. Franklin no longer has any excuses that he isn’t getting quality quarterbacks so he now needs to frickin develop them.

The offensive haul is already impressive, and looks to get even more so.

I've heard from a few sources that Singleton might be an uphill battle, and ND and OSU appear to lead at the moment. But another claimed that PSU is closing the gap, so who knows. Admittedly, he has kept his recruitment pretty quiet.

Ditto for Enai White and Keon Sabb on the defensive side. I don't imagine Sabb's move to Florida helps us, plus he's got all the big boys after him. White appears to be SEC, OSU, or PSU -- no idea in what order.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT