ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

FWIW Dohn with a CB (high-7) for 4* DB Keenan Nelson Jr. from Philly to PSU. Nelson has probably been discussed here before, but for context he's the #107 overall prospect in the composite ratings and a top 3 prospect in PA.
I had no idea we stood that well with him so this is a pleasant surprise. Hopefully the CB is accurate.

Now we're recruiting against BOB.

Alabama: "I've been talking to coach Robert Gillespie, the running backs coach, for a while and coach O'Brien," Singleton said. "They're great coaches over there. I love them a lot. We've talking pretty much since they got to Alabama. I talked to coach Saban last Friday and he offered me on the spot."

Now we're recruiting against BOB.

Alabama: "I've been talking to coach Robert Gillespie, the running backs coach, for a while and coach O'Brien," Singleton said. "They're great coaches over there. I love them a lot. We've talking pretty much since they got to Alabama. I talked to coach Saban last Friday and he offered me on the spot."

Bama just got a commitment from four-star and Rivals 100 RB prospect Emmanuel Henderson.

Sound like CJF and Scott are really recruiting Strickland hard, and that Strickland is not shy about saying that PSU is recruiting him the hardest and that right now PSU is his favorite potential destination. The fact that Strickland has known new Safety coach Poindexter for a number of years can't hurt PSU's chances either..... ;)

6'8, 340lbs.

With footspeed to match. The video from his junior season shows a huge kid whose strength and speed hasn't caught up to his size. He looks like a turn style waiting to happen in the video. This is where projecting ability and development come into play. I trust PT to see the future.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
With footspeed to match. The video from his junior season shows a huge kid whose strength and speed hasn't caught up to his size. He looks like a turn style waiting to happen in the video. This is where projecting ability and development come into play. I trust PT to see the future.

Which is why his 247 composite is a low 3 star. Gotta believe he is not at the top of PT and CJF's OT board at this point and it seems that PT is looking for at least 1 or 2 that would be more ready to compete to play in their 1st or 2nd year at PSU. But with PSU looking for potentially 3 OT's in this class this young man might just find a spot in the class when it is all said and done.....

Which is why his 247 composite is a low 3 star. Gotta believe he is not at the top of PT and CJF's OT board at this point and it seems that PT is looking for at least 1 or 2 that would be more ready to compete to play in their 1st or 2nd year at PSU. But with PSU looking for potentially 3 OT's in this class this young man might just find a spot in the class when it is all said and done.....
He reminds me of Sterling Jenkins.

He reminds me of Sterling Jenkins.

Except that this kids's highlights actually included some pancake blocks. Sterling, by all reports, was an asset to PSU as a team player and as a great example in the off season program and practices, but he never even made his high school all conference team. He played in our high school's conference and other than getting some high end offers after the camp circuit I don't remember him getting much acclaim even locally......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT