ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only issue with Truax is that the board’s Nostradamus already said it’s written in stone that Brooks is definitely going to 197 next year and there’s no chance at all that he’s wrong about that, so Truax would have to make 184.
184 is a possibility, Truax is a small 197. Either way, would be a nice pickup.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I thought if you were taking an Olympic redshirt, you didn’t enroll that year. I thought the reasoning was you were focusing on training for the Olympics.
True, though the athletes and coaches are not compelled to declare enrollment status.

Reactions: mjmirv
Took the words out of my mouth.

Scuttlebutt was Truax was weighing 189-90 most of year

Why did he go 197?
We traveled with several Cal Poly fans from Dallas to Pittsburgh coming back from NCAA's. We were told it made their team stronger, but wrestlestat shows their starter at 184 had a 14-12 record and Adam Kemp was not wrestling (maybe injured?). Anyway, we were also told Truax weighed in at 188 on Saturday, the final day of the championships.

Kemp was injured. Not sure of the details, but the Cal Poly-ASU write-up said he was "sidelined."

CS has made a couple mentions that if he wins “ his fourth NEXT YEAR” he will switch goals too an Olympic gold.
I think he goes next year.

Why doesnt someone just ASK HIM, he’s not the type to dodge questions…

Last edited:
Shane Griffith seems to imply he is coming back for one more year. That being said, someone who knew his family on the 247 board (youngie) implied it's not Penn State.

CS has made a couple mentions that if he wins “ his fourth NEXT YEAR” he will switch goals too an Olympic gold.
I think he goes next year.

Why doesnt someone just ASK HIM, he’s not the type to dodge questions…
Most of Starocci's I'm not coming back comments were taken out of context and was after he was asked about winning five. In his mind he will be an Olympic champ before that so why come back? He did say he wants to be a 4 timer. I think it's pretty clear what his goals are (since he stated it explicitly on FloWrestling before the All Star match) is to win 4 and Olympic gold then move on.

I think the challenge would be if he is serious about 165, he would need to reshape his body while focusing on free so that might be tough to juggle with folk.

Reactions: NCPsuFan and RandyL
Shane Griffith seems to imply he is coming back for one more year. That being said, someone who knew his family on the 247 board (youngie) implied it's not Penn State.
Griffith said he isn't sure if he will return or not, and it probably won't be Stanford if he does.

IIRC when Stanford tried to cut the team, his final options were Michigan and North Carolina. So that would seem like a starting point.

That's assuming he wants to take more classes elsewhere after 2 Stanford degrees.

Griffith said he isn't sure if he will return or not, and it probably won't be Stanford if he does.

IIRC when Stanford tried to cut the team, his final options were Michigan and North Carolina. So that would seem like a starting point.

That's assuming he wants to take more classes elsewhere after 2 Stanford degrees.
He said in an interview that if he went somewhere else, it'd be for academic reasons, and he has eyes on something lucrative--wast it investment banking, fund manger? If the ivy's are out, who else has a good grad program for that?

Why not Penn State and have Ira Lubert hook you up with whatever job you want? Connections like that are more valuable than degrees to be honest ....
He doesn’t fit. Truax is a much better fit. I don’t want to be a fan of a perennial all-star team. I want to root for great kids that develop over time and do great things with honor. We don’t need to win by 50-60 points every year.

He doesn’t fit. Truax is a much better fit. I don’t want to be a fan of a perennial all-star team. I want to root for great kids that develop over time and do great things with honor. We don’t need to win by 50-60 points every year.
I don't know man, Iowa just added like 140 points in this offseason alone according to Ironbird, we need something going for us!

Why not Penn State and have Ira Lubert hook you up with whatever job you want? Connections like that are more valuable than degrees to be honest ....
While that's true, it also pre-supposes other schools don't have big-hitter alumni affiliated with the wrestling program or athletics in general. Also, Griffith may opt to study under specific faculty members for academic purposes, and some faculty have big sway in industry.

The other issue: he wouldn't be a priority for PSU barring the Olympic Shirt apocalypse some are rooting for. Michigan's 174 DNQ for nationals. Other schools will have needs at 165/174.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT