ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure if this site is a fan site, but the graohic has a BB imprint on it and doesn’t Beau do these for people?
Here it is from Sullivan's IG acct.

That tweeter handle is a fan who shares a lot of info, but unfortunately often without attribution. I don't think he deals in rumors -- everything I've seen from him was previous announcements, though not always easily found.

In the last two years, Rutgers national champ 1A (Suriano was first because his weight class happened to wrestle before AA's) left the program to wrestle at Michigan; national champ 1B left the coaching staff and the SKWC to wrestle elsewhere; two guys who showed a lot of promise fell off tremendously; the head of the SKWC left; now Alverez leaves. But there's not a problem in Piscataway - the program is still "headed in the right direction". Cue the swirling motion.
Spoke to a RUTGERS Bud last night who is a season tix holder. The worm is turning in regard to coaching. NJ has top talent at the HS level and good ole Scott’s stick has become stale. My friend would love to see Frank the Tank come back to Jersey.

Last edited:
Spoke to a RUTGERS Bud last night who is a season tix holder. The worm is turning in regard to coaching. NJ has top talent at the HS level and good ole Scott’s stick has become stale. My friend would love to see Frank the Tank come back to Jersey.
I think Frank woukd be a great hire. If it turns out he is a mediocre hire that's still a huge step forward.

NJ has been one of the top states for HS wrestlers for a long time and yet Rutgers is still in the bottom half of the BIG. I don't see that changing any time soon although maybe Frank could turn that around.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Seems as though coaches are almost better off moving on every 3 or so years, if a person's goal was simply to win. Get some articles, rile up a fanbase, and bask in the possibilities. Leverage that to recruit heavy. Start a hashtag. If it doesn't hit on the hype/results, 5 other jobs have added that same level of a coach, with the same rollout.

Maybe a little less than say football, but the point remains, I think.

Sammy Alvarez is on the move, and it appears he has landed in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

The former Rutgers star let FloWrestling know of his intentions to compete for Oklahoma State. While his weight class is uncertain, the junior transfer will likely slot in at 141 or 149 for the 2023-24 season. He is currently enrolled at OSU and taking classes this semester.

Reactions: RealMicah
Sammy Alvarez is on the move, and it appears he has landed in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

The former Rutgers star let FloWrestling know of his intentions to compete for Oklahoma State. While his weight class is uncertain, the junior transfer will likely slot in at 141 or 149 for the 2023-24 season. He is currently enrolled at OSU and taking classes this semester.
Good idea for a kid that can’t make weight to go to a program notorious for demanding ludicrous weight cuts.

Good idea for a kid that can’t make weight to go to a program notorious for demanding ludicrous weight cuts.
Flip side is they do seem to be “the best at it” for what that’s worth. And they’re also in the bottom half of team health come March most years.

I am surprised Alverez transfer to OK ST as much as he hates to lose weight,I am guessing Smith wants him for 125 next yr!!LOL

Reactions: mjmirv
Taken fresh from a Mexican river.
dumb-and-dumber-toilet.gif

125 and 197 are the 2 toughest weights to recruit long term when looking to fill a roster . Will a kid stay at 125 for 4 years or grow out of it. Just the opposite at 197. Does a solid big kid fill out and move up? I doubt the Cael and Co. envisioned Bo going up to 197 when he was recruited.
Bump.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT