ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trevor Mastro wouldn't be asked to be a 125 anywhere but Oklahoma State
I am having a tough time thinking he fits in at Penn State. To each their own, but prancing around the lockerroom wearing girls panties that belong to either the girlfriend or sister of a teammate would most likely be frowned upon.

Not judging, just saying.

He doesn’t fit. Truax is a much better fit. I don’t want to be a fan of a perennial all-star team. I want to root for great kids that develop over time and do great things with honor. We don’t need to win by 50-60 points every year.
I agree with the sentiment of this but just to be clear… we are fans of a perennial all star team 😀. But yeah I agree with recruiting and building our own through development with the Occasional transfer.

He doesn’t fit. Truax is a much better fit. I don’t want to be a fan of a perennial all-star team. I want to root for great kids that develop over time and do great things with honor. We don’t need to win by 50-60 points every year.
Your right, we don't need to win by 50 to 60 points every year. We should set our goal higher and win by 100 points every year. We should not be happy until NCAA's is renamed the PSU Invitational. Keep in mind, until we score 300 points at NCAA's (perfect tournamanet), there is always room for improvement.

There is some sarcasm in this post, some.

Ramos is my guess.

Won US Nationals in freestyle so NLWC has strong appeal. Figures if he can knock off Lee and place 2nd while training in Purdue room, imagine his results in PSU room. That being said, I’m cheering for Steen to get stronger and make a big step in his development. More 25s in the room will allow him to get some confidence. Wrestling Gilman, RBY, and backup 33/41 pounders never let him gain any confidence to win this 50/50 situations that lead to victories.

Ramos is my guess.

Won US Nationals in freestyle so NLWC has strong appeal. Figures if he can knock off Lee and place 2nd while training in Purdue room, imagine his results in PSU room. That being said, I’m cheering for Steen to get stronger and make a big step in his development. More 25s in the room will allow him to get some confidence. Wrestling Gilman, RBY, and backup 33/41 pounders never let him gain any confidence to win this 50/50 situations that lead to victories.
Sorry if I missed something, but Ramos is your guess as the answer to what question?

Reactions: chuckmowl
Lots of folks taking the bait.

fishing.gif

Ramos is my guess.

For the record, I hope we do not bring in a transfer. Howard has been working his butt off for a chance to compete healthy next year. But if they were to get a transfer, I doubt it would be Ramos. He sounded like a kid who loves where he is and the people around him. It’s fun to root for non-PSU wrestlers- can’t bring everyone into the PSU room.

Stanford, Northwestern, and Michigan are the best non-Ivy programs with wrestling.
Yeah just find top 10 MBA programs and filter out wrestling programs. That leaves what El Jefe said. NW or Michigan seem like the obvious choice and to me NW seems better because of the Chicago land connections especially around the I-Banking if that's what he wants to do.

Reactions: nitlion6
Put me on record in the realm of predictions: neither will take an ORS.
I'll go on the record they will be taking it and we are punting next year, but when we punt and we start to figure out how many points we will have at NCAAs with a Truax, Robbie Howard, etc., we will be pleasantly surprised and realize how good we really have it.

Cael doesn’t punt anymore…. That’s a myth. He just reloads and coaches the kids for the bright lights. Duals, tournaments, and B1Gs are just preliminaries for the mid March run. Look at the margins since the last punt year. PSU, but for injuries, would have been all over Iowa in 2020 and 2021. Yes, PSU does suffer from injuries like everyone else. It bit them in those two years.

Ramos is my guess.

btn had a nice feature on Purdue not that long ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT