ADVERTISEMENT

2020 NFL Draft: Official Thread

I think that’s the key right there. Legit top 7 RB, best TE duo in the league, when healthy, a very good WR combo, a great OL and a top 7 QB. The O is stacked, WHEN HEALTHY. I think the D is also very good. The strength is the DL and when you look at the super bowl team, their DL and Jenkins is what carried them there. This team has that DL capability but the DBs need to prove it. This team looks very similar to the SB winning team, PENDING HEALTH. and let’s be honest, the front office and staff know what this team looks like from a health standpoint, so maybe they’re looking at it as a team ready and talented enough to go back to the SB, so they could reach for some projects

And I think they are more talented than their SB team. ON PAPER
I wish I could see it your way. They were 9-7 in the worst division last year and the Redskins or Giants won’t be as bad this year.

I think that’s the key right there. Legit top 7 RB, best TE duo in the league, when healthy, a very good WR combo, a great OL and a top 7 QB. The O is stacked, WHEN HEALTHY. I think the D is also very good. The strength is the DL and when you look at the super bowl team, their DL and Jenkins is what carried them there. This team has that DL capability but the DBs need to prove it. This team looks very similar to the SB winning team, PENDING HEALTH. and let’s be honest, the front office and staff know what this team looks like from a health standpoint, so maybe they’re looking at it as a team ready and talented enough to go back to the SB, so they could reach for some projects

And I think they are more talented than their SB team. ON PAPER

Unfortunately they play ON GRASS! :)

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
The jury still out on him. I think he may help. I still have hope

you never know. Some guys make great improvement after their rookie year. Others pretty much stay at the same level as they show as rookies. You may be right. I'm usually an optimist about the Birds, but I'm about at the end of my line with JJ A-W. Here's hoping I'm proven wrong.

what is Howie doing now?

Birds traded the #146 pick to the Cowboys for the 164th pick (R5) and a 2021 R5 pick. Then they trade the #164 pick they just picked up to the Dophins for the #173 and the #227 pick.

They also traded with the 49ers to get WR Marquise Goodwin, who's had a lot of medical issues of late. To get Goodwin, the Birds flipped their 6th round picks with the 49ers, going from the #190 pick to the #210 pick.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and TheGLOV
More trades by Howie. The Birds trade with Da Bears. Birds give up the #173 pick and the #227 pick, and in return get the #196 pick, the #200 pick, and the #233 pick.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I wish I could see it your way. They were 9-7 in the worst division last year and the Redskins or Giants won’t be as bad this year.

and none of that was related to being down to practice squad undrafted DLmen and practice squad WRs eh? They were 2 drops At least, that I remember, from being 11-5.

Four years ago I watched Dematha Catholic beat Bishop McDevitt is an opening game at McD. McFarland and Chase Young were playing for DeMatha, had no idea at the time we were watching guys who would have the level of success they have had.

UM and Jim now have 9 - I repeat 9 - players drafted. What an impressive draft. They're tied with the suckeyes and will probably pass them. The 5-star recruits have to be seeing this !

UM and Jim now have 9 - I repeat 9 - players drafted. What an impressive draft. They're tied with the suckeyes and will probably pass them. The 5-star recruits have to be seeing this !
7 of them went in the 5th or 6th round (5 in the 6th). That's not a selling point to 5 star athletes, they're watching all the first and second round picks by LSU, OSU, and Alabama.

Reactions: grinagrin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT