ADVERTISEMENT

2020 NFL Draft: Official Thread

That was his troll schtick...he posted like he was randomly picking another RB, but he was using Swift because Franklin didn’t get him so it was his jab at Franklin. Then when someone would bring up that we didn’t get him because of Sanders, he would go off on how Sanders would never make it in the NFL. Too bad he won’t come out and try to defend himself now.

Well, that narrows it down to about 50% of BWI posters. Probably the same ones determining that Gross-Matos isn't very good.

Agree but the book on wentz is his ability to stay healthy. So it could be a combination: wentz stays healthy you have an asset, if not you have insurance. Kind of like having a life insurance policy: cash it out or sit on it?
And the ability to get another insurance policy, if you decide to cash it in down the road.

Reactions: Obliviax
Think it is acceptance of reality that Wentz can’t stay healthy. They gave him a big contract, so it might seem odd to say the next two seasons are make or break for him, but if he suffers injuries over the next two years the Eagles have to move on. If that happens their franchise is dead if they don’t have a fall back.

He played all 16 games last year and his injury was a cheap shot to the head in the playoffs.

Also, looks like the Eagles have an out in Wentz's contract after the 2022 season? If I am reading correctly, they could save $19 mil in 2023 and $26mil in 2024.
They could, but that’s still over 15 million in dead cap space in 2023. The 6 million in dead space in 2024 would seem more manageable.

I just hate the Ravens so much. They're so good at drafting, and I find that annoying.
I am no draft analyst, but through 2 days it sure seems like the Ravens are killing it. Feel sorry for Steeler fans

BOB just looked like he was screaming at someone on his computer and threw up his hands then walked off the screen after the pick.
The Lions supposedly backed out of trading for their pick, leaving Bill in a bind

Reactions: wbcincy
I am no draft analyst, but through 2 days it sure seems like the Ravens are killing it. Feel sorry for Steeler fans

The Lions supposedly backed out of trading for their pick, leaving Bill in a bind

the start of the post big Ben era is starting - see a steady decline of the Stillers. Ben may be back but his physical decline already started. possible that he even departs ala Brady and Manning. gap with Ravens is growing, and Browns started to close on them last year. will Cincy become force?

And now Bill apparently thinks we're all idiots, because he's trying to pretend it was just them "messing around on zoom." We've all seen angry Bill enough to know that wasn't playful.

Gonzo listed as 10th best OG left on ESPN right now.
Brown 7th best OLB left.
Reid #12 CB.

Looking at 6th, 7th round most likely unless somebody just wants them and goes for them.

Bryce Hall (CB, UVA) will be a steal at this point. Leg injury shunted him down I suppose.

KJ Hill will be a good WR this late. Solid possession type guy.

Robert Windsor?

Gonzo listed as 10th best OG left on ESPN right now.
Brown 7th best OLB left.
Reid #12 CB.

Looking at 6th, 7th round most likely unless somebody just wants them and goes for them.

Bryce Hall (CB, UVA) will be a steal at this point. Leg injury shunted him down I suppose.

KJ Hill will be a good WR this late. Solid possession type guy.

OR..... Taysom Hill?

and I’m not of the belief that they need an OL right now. Johnson has a few years left, seumalo is the most likely replacement for Kelce at C when he retires, Prior is looking better and better, and I’m not ready to give up on Mailata yet.
We talked about this (a few of us) last night and could easily see it. This is a strange pick that coud bear sweet fruit... time will tell.

We talked about this (a few of us) last night and could easily see it. This is a strange pick that coud bear sweet fruit... time will tell.

spot on

plus something I’ve noticed with the picks in the first 3 rounds, they all seem like legit high character guys. Maybe a result of the locker room drama that happened this past season? Just a thought, but maybe they’re willing to reach a little bit for guys that are more projects or aren’t a perfect fit, as long as they have high character and are more team guys.

and on the flip side, the team still has a lot of talent, and is a playoff team. They are not as talented as their Super Bowl team, but with some smart picks, they could be in the mix. And yet for two years in a row, they are likely to get absolutely no help from their 2nd round pick. Hurts was a pick you could afford to make in R2 if you had all the pieces, and were thinking 4-5 years down the road. That doesn't sound like a description of the current Birds team.

and on the flip side, the team still has a lot of talent, and is a playoff team. They are not as talented as their Super Bowl team, but with some smart picks, they could be in the mix. And yet for two years in a row, they are likely to get absolutely no help from their 2nd round pick. Hurts was a pick you could afford to make in R2 if you had all the pieces, and were thinking 4-5 years down the road. That doesn't sound like a description of the current Birds team.

I think that’s the key right there. Legit top 7 RB, best TE duo in the league, when healthy, a very good WR combo, a great OL and a top 7 QB. The O is stacked, WHEN HEALTHY. I think the D is also very good. The strength is the DL and when you look at the super bowl team, their DL and Jenkins is what carried them there. This team has that DL capability but the DBs need to prove it. This team looks very similar to the SB winning team, PENDING HEALTH. and let’s be honest, the front office and staff know what this team looks like from a health standpoint, so maybe they’re looking at it as a team ready and talented enough to go back to the SB, so they could reach for some projects

And I think they are more talented than their SB team. ON PAPER

Yet for 2 yrs in a row they won’t get anything thing from their second rd pick?? Miles Sanders says nice to meet you Tom !!

I think that’s the key right there. Legit top 7 RB, best TE duo in the league, when healthy, a very good WR combo, a great OL and a top 7 QB. The O is stacked, WHEN HEALTHY. I think the D is also very good. The strength is the DL and when you look at the super bowl team, their DL and Jenkins is what carried them there. This team has that DL capability but the DBs need to prove it. This team looks very similar to the SB winning team, PENDING HEALTH. and let’s be honest, the front office and staff know what this team looks like from a health standpoint, so maybe they’re looking at it as a team ready and talented enough to go back to the SB, so they could reach for some projects

And I think they are more talented than their SB team. ON PAPER
Look what they accomplished last year with tons of injuries. They are poised to make a run absolutely.

Yet for 2 yrs in a row they won’t get anything thing from their second rd pick?? Miles Sanders says nice to meet you Tom !!

I should have phrased it a tad better. The Sanders pick came from a trade the Birds made with the Ravens. It was a 2nd round pick. They also had their regular R2 pick, and with that one they took JJ A-W

Reactions: sluggo72
Interesting, as the Birds go back-to-back OL with their compensatory picks at the end of R4:

- Jack Driscoll, OG, Auburn
- Tyler Bladasz, C, Wisconsin

I should have phrased it a tad better. The Sanders pick came from a trade the Birds made with the Ravens. It was a 2nd round pick. They also had their regular R2 pick, and with that one they took JJ A-W
The jury still out on him. I think he may help. I still have hope

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT