ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State RB Trey Potts declares for NFL Draft

I feel like somebody had to go in the RB room. Do you cut one of your 2 true freshman or your possible 6th year guy (who saw what, 40 snaps all year, and that's a generous estimate)? Particularly with 2 more RBs coming in January (which means you might see another go).

Glad he got to fulfill his dream. That's something more than most of us ever get to do.

I never even thought for a second that he'd be back--I thought portal was a better option but good luck to him. He was productive in the expected limit action he received.

Making way for Martin. Potts had 25 carries for 155 (6.2 avg)

Potts might have a chance to make an NFL roster. He runs hard and caught some passes in limited chances as well (4 for 57 yds, 14.3 yd avg).

Making way for Martin. Potts had 25 carries for 155 (6.2 avg)

Potts might have a chance to make an NFL roster. He runs hard and caught some passes in limited chances as well (4 for 57 yds, 14.3 yd avg).
Martin is going to be a straight up play maker...fits in perfect with Kotelnicki

Wish Potts the best. Had over 2,000 yds rushing as a high school sophomore. Blew a knee before his junior season started. Then in fifth game of his senior year blew his other knee. Rehabbed hard to get to play in Minnyland and got over 1,000 yds. Transferred to his dream, home town team of Penn State and got to play in a WhiteOut!

Would get few carries the year with all the talent on the team. Could transfer to where he will get solid playing time but risks more injuries. Perhaps he got some evaluation from pro scouts that convinced him the draft is his best option.

Hope it all works out.

I bounce around the CF boards - mostly B1G sites - and it's getting hard to keep up with all of the transfers. Just unreal and it's affecting every team

Reactions: lazydave841
I feel like somebody had to go in the RB room. Do you cut one of your 2 true freshman or your possible 6th year guy (who saw what, 40 snaps all year, and that's a generous estimate)? Particularly with 2 more RBs coming in January (which means you might see another go).

Glad he got to fulfill his dream. That's something more than most of us ever get to do.
I think we underused Potts, especially with Singleton's struggles.

I think we underused Potts, especially with Singleton's struggles.

I understand that sentiment. The bigger issue was our offense never got in rhythm. We couldn't pass as efficiently as we needed to and it limited the rushing attempts all around.

Take the bowl. We didn't get Allen/Singleton 20 combined rushes. I think with Potts 2, they hit 20 together. It's just low output from an ineffective offense.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT