ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

FWIW, there was some skills competition at the UA event that was on one of the ESPN channels, and happened to see some of it.

Both Ford and Cain were in a shuttle/obstacle course and Cain had the better run (Ford stumbled during the high stepping through the ropes segment). Cain is physically impressive in terms of build and speed.

With Sanders leaving early, we have 5 openings in this class. It's not out of the question to see at least two more guys transfer or declare for the draft. Looking like a full class.

With Sanders leaving early, we have 5 openings in this class. It's not out of the question to see at least two more guys transfer or declare for the draft. Looking like a full class.

Without getting into names, it is probably a decent bet that 1 or 2 more leave the roster before the beginning of Spring practices. Without the players leaving for the NFL, (CJF may or may not have known about some of them) the class could have been limited to around 20. CJF looks to be very busy after the dead period ends, as he always is!

Last edited:
"Can they find and sign 25 guys worthy of a scholarship?"

This is true. Can we assume Holmes gets a scholarship? That takes us down to 4 left. We'd need 3 more spots to open to take 25. I still think that's likely. But, as you said, can we find 7 more guys worthy of a scholarship that want to go to Penn State? Probably if everyone left on the list above commits to us. But not sure where the staff looks as that is not likely.

• DT - Harrison-Hunte
  • DT - Ellies
  • DE - V. Smith
  • OL - Nester
  • WR - Henderson/Houston/Jones/yet to be offered
  • Best available: S - Cross?
  • Best available: DT - Sorrells?

We have 18 Commits at this moment, being realistic Who do you see signing other then Vilbert, Ellie’s and Harrison Hunte?

Reactions: TheGLOV
What kind of Plan Bs are out there? If one of our big targets goes elsewhere, what kind of backup plan do we have? I could be wrong but it seems that most of the college seniors who haven't yet signed are primarily 4- and 5-stars. I dunno, honestly.

We have 18 Commits at this moment, being realistic Who do you see signing other then Vilbert, Ellie’s and Harrison Hunte?
Judging by your use of realistic the answer would be no one right now. However, I feel anyone we get to visit we have a realistic shot at. So, if they get Nestor, Cross, Sorrells, Henderson, Houston, and Jones in for officials then realistically they are all options. If they don't official then i'd agree they aren't realistic.

Reactions: Judge Smails
What kind of Plan Bs are out there? If one of our big targets goes elsewhere, what kind of backup plan do we have? I could be wrong but it seems that most of the college seniors who haven't yet signed are primarily 4- and 5-stars. I dunno, honestly.

Usually Franklin makes the competing head coach an offer he can't refuse.

giphy.gif

I thought Henderson was supposed to announce today, with Cross we got a lot of DB’s and Safeties this cycle so I feel that would be a deterrent for him, Nestor who knows and I feel Sorrels is a South Carolina lean .. but out of the 4 mentioned above I’d like to have either Henderson or Nestor. On a side note with Richt leaving Miami I hope that will improve our chances with Richards.

Cross is a linebacker!
Huh? Nick Cross is a Safety.
shanvztlhaejmz2mqoob

NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
NICK
CROSS

RANK
6'1" | 205 LBS | S
DEMATHA
HYATTSVILLE, MD
CLASS OF 2019

VERBAL COMMIT
9/3/2018
FLORIDA STATE
Overall the defensive back groups had solid days, with a few nice plays and a few missed assignments that are to be expected in the first practice. The one prospect who was most consistently impressive, however, was Cross, a Florida State commit who has yet to sign his letter of intent. Cross has a sturdy frame that looks plenty capable of coming up in run support, but what caught our attention on Tuesday was how sticky he was in coverage and how well he defended the pass.

https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/all-american-bowl-stock-report-from-day-one

Judging by your use of realistic the answer would be no one right now. However, I feel anyone we get to visit we have a realistic shot at. So, if they get Nestor, Cross, Sorrells, Henderson, Houston, and Jones in for officials then realistically they are all options. If they don't official then i'd agree they aren't realistic.
I guess my question just got answered.

Can we assume Holmes gets a scholarship?
Nothing against Holmes, but why would we assume he gets a scholarship at this point? He hasn’t played a snap in a real game. I guess CJF could have made him that deal, but I wouldn’t assume so.

Nothing against Holmes, but why would we assume he gets a scholarship at this point?

I don't know. That's why I asked. So many here jumped all over me when I forgot to mention him when discussing the RB depth chart without Sanders about a month ago. So thought I'd toss out the question.

Nothing against Holmes, but why would we assume he gets a scholarship at this point? He hasn’t played a snap in a real game. I guess CJF could have made him that deal, but I wouldn’t assume so.

He's a 4 star, Top 200 overall recruit who chose Notre Dame over Penn State initially and from every practice report has looked great on the scout team. He did play for Notre Dame as a freshman.

If Franklin didn't think Holmes would be a factor on the depth chart, why bother bringing him in initially?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Really impressed by our guys

Ford is a stud. Need to get the ball in his hands next year

Smith- this game is not built for him (he's playing LB and D has to play man) and he's still making plays. So fluid for his size

MJjr- better thrower than I thought (that skills challenge video was concerning) and an awesome athlete. Has the ability to play another position if QB doesn't work

Haven't seen much of Cain and Dunmore

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT