ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

So with under a week to go...here is what things may look like IMO. Things are fluid and it's late so of course it could change. Just a best guess here.

Isaac
Cain
Moore
Ellies (starting to sound more and more likely, didn't think that was the case)
JHH (wildcard here...of course both DT's are)
Vilbert (a bit up in the air still here)

Hopefully they also hang on to Dunmore. I think you may see them really go after another WR post 12/19 if a ship is out there. Bill Greene mentioned the tall late bloomer out of Ohio being really high on PSU. If Dunmore sticks and the others come onboard, it's another really strong class on top of what they did last year.

Well put. To add to it so all prospects are in the thread:

In the hunt, but not favored
WR Johnson
DE Harrison
OT Keegan
OG Nester (OSU Commit)

Hoping to hold on to
WR Dunmore

Sounds like Moore is pushing past the first signing day.

Think we have a very good shot to flip Nester from Ohio State. Top 100 overall, we will get an OV in January.

Get those 6, keep Dunmore, and everything else is gravy IMO. Small WR class, but George, Shorter, and Dotson are all around for at least 2 more years. Next year you start off with Flemming and pluck 2 more....not a big problem with depth IMO there.

Reactions: bmw199
Get those 6, keep Dunmore, and everything else is gravy IMO. Small WR class, but George, Shorter, and Dotson are all around for at least 2 more years. Next year you start off with Flemming and pluck 2 more....not a big problem with depth IMO there.

Especially since both Dotson and George have shown on the field to have talent that backs up their hype, and the top WR 2018 recruit, Shorter, is almost a sure thing to contribute big time going forward. Along with Hamler, Hippenhammer and CSB a very talented young nucleus at WR.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I really like the idea of closing things out with:

Cain
Isaac
JHH
Ellies
Vilbert
Moore
Nester
Johnson (or Morgan)

That would put us at a projected team score of 277.20 with 24 commits. That would have given us the #9 class in the country last year.

Keegan isn't considering us anymore.

Where did you hear this? Keegan tweeted a final 3 on Monday that said he would pick between us, Georgia, and Michigan tomorrow. 247Sports released a prediction article 2 hours ago that said Michigan is the favorite over PSU.

Where did you hear this? Keegan tweeted a final 3 on Monday that said he would pick between us, Georgia, and Michigan tomorrow. 247Sports released a prediction article 2 hours ago that said Michigan is the favorite over PSU.
A lot of people close to the situation are confident he's going to Michigan and yesterday a new OL offer went out. When that happens it almost always means Keegan has already let the schools know his choice and he just hasn't made it public yet.

A lot of people close to the situation are confident he's going to Michigan and yesterday a new OL offer went out. When that happens it almost always means Keegan has already let the schools know his choice and he just hasn't made it public yet.

Maybe, but none of that means 'Keegan isn't considering us' is a factual statement

Reactions: MilesBarkley
Keegan isn't considering us anymore.

- that seems to be a stretch

A lot of people close to the situation are confident he's going to Michigan

- that would be correct

yesterday a new OL offer went out.

- that would also be correct

When that happens it almost always means Keegan has already let the schools know his choice and he just hasn't made it public yet.

- that's a stretch. the two events could be independent upon each other. PSU has been looking at the OL from Indiana for some time. Or, the offer could be to ensure they have several options at OL, in part due to how PSU evaluates its position with Keegan, as well as other prospects. A new offer does not "almost always mean [prospect[ has already let the schools know his choice."

- that seems to be a stretch

- that would be correct

- that would also be correct

- that's a stretch. the two events could be independent upon each other. PSU has been looking at the OL from Indiana for some time. Or, the offer could be to ensure they have several options at OL, in part due to how PSU evaluates its position with Keegan, as well as other prospects. A new offer does not "almost always mean [prospect[ has already let the schools know his choice."

UM has offered Dawan as well. So, the reversespecualtion is as likely as the original OPs speculation. I wonder if any of the posters on all these boards ever look back on the stuff they post here and laugh at themselves. Can't wait for signing day to pass so I can see who to watch develope in the Black and Pink.

Read the comments while they are free:
https://247sports.com/college/penn-...-Ball-forecasts-before-signing-day-126226046/

2013ClassLegends9 hrs

I’ve been told that Franklin mentioned in a private setting that we have a silent shocker a-comin. This was 6 weeks ago. He said “I don’t consider stars, but if I did, I’d sure like the number 5.” Or something to that effect. That told me it was either Smith, Bresee (2020), or Harrison. Now with a CB moving away from UM to cloudy, Harrison could be the guy in play. Man would that be a sweet get right outta Columbus.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...-Ball-forecasts-before-signing-day-126226046/

2013ClassLegends9 hrs

I’ve been told that Franklin mentioned in a private setting that we have a silent shocker a-comin. This was 6 weeks ago. He said “I don’t consider stars, but if I did, I’d sure like the number 5.” Or something to that effect. That told me it was either Smith, Bresee (2020), or Harrison. Now with a CB moving away from UM to cloudy, Harrison could be the guy in play. Man would that be a sweet get right outta Columbus.
So you’re saying that there’s a chance...

2013ClassLegends9 hrs

I'm not a homer/eternal optimist, but for some reason I've had a really good feeling we get Harrison for awhile. He seems to fit our program personality wise much better than the other 2. We'll see soon

Ps- can we get in on any of these Miami decommits?

Reactions: 81b&w
Have to think Franklin and Seider are working hard to get some of them on campus this weekend.

I don't know if they need to get any of the decommits on campus this weekend as 4 out of 6 that recently decommitted are 2020 recruits?

Decommits:
2020 WR - Marc Britt
2020 CB - Henry Gray
2020 S - Keshawn Washington
2020 S - Jaiden Francois
2019 LB - Sam Brooks (Doesn't hold PSU offer)
2019 CB - Jarvis Brownlee (Doesn't hold PSU offer)

Unless you are referring to trying to get some of the still Miami commits in 2019 up to campus? I don't believe we were heavily involved in the recruitment of their other still committed recruits in 2019

Reactions: cjrugger
I don't know if they need to get any of the decommits on campus this weekend as 4 out of 6 that recently decommitted are 2020 recruits?

Decommits:
2020 WR - Marc Britt
2020 CB - Henry Gray
2020 S - Keshawn Washington
2020 S - Jaiden Francois
2019 LB - Sam Brooks (Doesn't hold PSU offer)
2019 CB - Jarvis Brownlee (Doesn't hold PSU offer)

Unless you are referring to trying to get some of the still Miami commits in 2019 up to campus? I don't believe we were heavily involved in the recruitment of their other still committed recruits in 2019

Miami fans having to respect all the decisions

Yeah, just saw the breakdown somewhere else. Read that PSU looking to flip some kids this weekend, not sure what schools they are looking to raid.

It looks like both Bill Kurelic and Andrew Ellis (OSU insiders) moved their CBs to undecided for Harrison, and Sam Webb who is a Michigan guy is saying he is not as strong with his UM CB as he once was. If you remember Kurelic was the guy that said a long time ago that a source told him PSU and OSU were originally higher than UM, but that no one outside the family really knows. Not really sure any of the message boards seem confident at this point.

I think PSU really has a legit shot, but yet it is a complete toss up at this point and no one has any idea where he is leaning.

It’s obvious who they are referring to.
Jeebzus.

It is - clearly - Chris Simms :)

So you’re saying that there’s a chance...

I'm not a homer/eternal optimist, but for some reason I've had a really good feeling we get Harrison for awhile. He seems to fit our program personality wise much better than the other 2. We'll see soon

Ps- can we get in on any of these Miami decommits?

It looks like both Bill Kurelic and Andrew Ellis (OSU insiders) moved their CBs to undecided for Harrison, and Sam Webb who is a Michigan guy is saying he is not as strong with his UM CB as he once was. If you remember Kurelic was the guy that said a long time ago that a source told him PSU and OSU were originally higher than UM, but that no one outside the family really knows. Not really sure any of the message boards seem confident at this point.

I think PSU really has a legit shot, but yet it is a complete toss up at this point and no one has any idea where he is leaning.
I want to say this before he commits elsewhere and I'm labeled as jilted. I really want him at PSU. His athleticism and size are off the charts. That said, personally, I believe he is an auto redshirt and has a ways to go as a football player. The beauty is that if he develops he'll be a total game destroyer a la Khalil Mack. I hope he picks PSU.

Northern Nevada Buck 12 HOURS AGO
Kurelic just went "foggy" on his CB for Harrison. He explains why in a premium post. The trend away from scUM...at least for now...continues...and...don't count out the 3rd team that's been in the mix as well.

Sounds like Ohio State about to lose their top rated defensive recruit to Bama...

BATTLE WAGES ON
Jordan Battle is expected to make a decision by the end of the week. Alabama has been in hot pursuit of the Buckeye commit and the Tide coaching staff visited recently as well. Ryan Day is scheduled to check in with his top-rated defensive pledge this evening and a final decision looms with Battle slated to sign with someone next week.

At 6-foot-1 and 187 pounds, he's capable of playing either cornerback or safety at the next level and this would be a pretty big blow if the Buckeyes are unable to hang on. Three defensive backs are in the fold right now with Battle being the most likely to end up manning one of the corner spots. Alabama already has 24 commitments including three cornerbacks and a pair of safeties, but does that ever matter for a school like Bama?

Daxton Hill's flip to the Crimson Tide could be the saving grace here, but that recruitment may not be over yet with Michigan still looking to get the five-star back in the fold. Most of the Bama insiders seem to think Saban would welcome Battle regardless of what goes down with Hill, though there are multiple five-stars still in his crosshairs as well.

We've said this before but officially landing Jordan Battle next week may be the top priority for Ryan Day and the staff right now.

Nikkibucksfan 10 HOURS AGO
This just in...Jordan Battle is about to decommit. A blow to our recruiting class...

FormerBuck 9 HOURS AGO
I’m guessing her source is Birm’s tweet. He tweeted that bad recruiting news is coming for Ohio State from Florida

LB U 1 HOUR AGO
I'm not sure you are misreading it. It sounds like Battle is going to Bama, and Dax Hill is going back to Michigan. This obviously would suck. I'm hoping we can just hang on to a top 15 class at this point..

Reactions: bmw199
I want to say this before he commits elsewhere and I'm labeled as jilted. I really want him at PSU. His athleticism and size are off the charts. That said, personally, I believe he is an auto redshirt and has a ways to go as a football player. The beauty is that if he develops he'll be a total game destroyer a la Khalil Mack. I hope he picks PSU.

Really has a lot in common with Jayson Oweh. Oweh ran a 4.4 preseason at 6-6. Just has a ton of work to do with technique. When it all comes together, forget about it. Would be something else to have Harrison on the other side.

Sounds like Ohio State about to lose their top rated defensive recruit to Bama...

BATTLE WAGES ON
Jordan Battle is expected to make a decision by the end of the week. Alabama has been in hot pursuit of the Buckeye commit and the Tide coaching staff visited recently as well. Ryan Day is scheduled to check in with his top-rated defensive pledge this evening and a final decision looms with Battle slated to sign with someone next week.

At 6-foot-1 and 187 pounds, he's capable of playing either cornerback or safety at the next level and this would be a pretty big blow if the Buckeyes are unable to hang on. Three defensive backs are in the fold right now with Battle being the most likely to end up manning one of the corner spots. Alabama already has 24 commitments including three cornerbacks and a pair of safeties, but does that ever matter for a school like Bama?

Daxton Hill's flip to the Crimson Tide could be the saving grace here, but that recruitment may not be over yet with Michigan still looking to get the five-star back in the fold. Most of the Bama insiders seem to think Saban would welcome Battle regardless of what goes down with Hill, though there are multiple five-stars still in his crosshairs as well.

We've said this before but officially landing Jordan Battle next week may be the top priority for Ryan Day and the staff right now.

Nikkibucksfan 10 HOURS AGO
This just in...Jordan Battle is about to decommit. A blow to our recruiting class...

FormerBuck 9 HOURS AGO
I’m guessing her source is Birm’s tweet. He tweeted that bad recruiting news is coming for Ohio State from Florida

LB U 1 HOUR AGO
I'm not sure you are misreading it. It sounds like Battle is going to Bama, and Dax Hill is going back to Michigan. This obviously would suck. I'm hoping we can just hang on to a top 15 class at this point..

RESPECT. MY. DECISION. :eek:

Would be something else to have Harrison on the other side.
Harrison has the size where you could move him all around the D line to create double teams to open up gaps for blitzers. it would be very fun to be his DC if it comes together for him.

LB U 1 HOUR AGO

^^^This is definitely an interesting story line....

Dax Hill is a 5-star Safety and flipped his commitment from Michigan to Alabama last Saturday (12/8).

There is now buzz that Jordan Battle, who is a 4-star Safety flips his commitment from Ohio State to Alabama....and that Dax Hill is going to flip back to Michigan....

Northern Nevada Buck 12 HOURS AGO
Kurelic just went "foggy" on his CB for Harrison. He explains why in a premium post. The trend away from scUM...at least for now...continues...and...don't count out the 3rd team that's been in the mix as well.
Well consider me a skeptic here. Somehow these last minute commits rarely work out well on our end when there is a ton of drama towards the end. Last big one that was a shock to us was Zettle IMO, but I could be forgetting someone along the way. I'm not going to kick this ball Lucy.....IMO....he's still heading to UM as I don't want to get my hopes up. ;)

RESPECT. MY. DECISION. :eek:

iu

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT