ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

More at the 247 link...

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ommits-to-Penn-State-Nittany-Lions-120321621/

Penn State liked what they saw from Franks at the White Out camp in June. Matt Limegrover offered that day and Franks immediately put the Nittany Lions high on his list.

Franks bends well for a longer prospect and showed light feet in a camp setting. He has a basketball background, which is another thing that the staff liked about him. He has work to do on his upper body strength and will likely take a couple years to develop into a college tackle.

He comes from a top program in Baltimore that has developed some pretty good linemen over the years as well.

Impressive Offers from Academic Schools.

Penn State picks up commitment from OL Franks

By SEAN FITZ
21 minutes ago

Baltimore (Md.) Gilman offensive tackle Zachary Franks is the newest Nittany Lion. The Class of 2019 prospect made his intentions known on Thursday afternoon, just a few days after visiting campus for the Lasch Bash recruiting barbecue. All 12 predictions on the 247Sports Crystal Ball were cast in favor of the Nittany Lions.

The 6-foot-6, 290-pound prospect earned an offer from the Nittany Lions at camp in June and recently named a top four of Penn State, Duke, Northwestern and Rutgers. He also had scholarship offers from Arizona, Baylor, Boston College, Cal, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Princeton, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, UCF, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Yale and others. He took a spring official visit to Northwestern.

Last edited:
Let's create a new rule. Posters are allowed to discuss whatever they want as long as a portion of the message is dedicated to Penn State football recruiting.

I'll start.

BTW, BWI really seems to have stepped up its twitter game of late. Keep up the good work.

Correction... had 26 in 2018 signing day... so far this has 16 pledges....does anyone know how many they have available?

23-24 will be in the 19 class,

Mark Richt kept our numbers between 75-80 because he llked rewarding walkons with a schorlarshp their sr year if they had been part of the program 4-5 years. We had a few leave early for the draft, 3-4 give up football for various reasons and 3-4 transfer. One of the 26 in the 18 class didn't make it in.

Kirby doesn't do the walkon thing, he is keeping the roster numbers at 85.

Reactions: djr4rebs
23-24 will be in the 19 class,

Mark Richt kept our numbers between 75-80 because he llked rewarding walkons with a schorlarshp their sr year if they had been part of the program 4-5 years. We had a few leave early for the draft, 3-4 give up football for various reasons and 3-4 transfer. One of the 26 in the 18 class didn't make it in.

Kirby doesn't do the walkon thing, he is keeping the roster numbers at 85.

Thanks.

Reactions: TheGLOV

Ross Tucker on MJ Jr: “Tremendous athlete, special runner, which is a point of emphasis for PSU at QB. Tremendous speed, burst and power. Very elusive. “ Says he’s a good thrower, technique needs some work.

Reactions: eidolon21

Aug 2

COMMIT

Zachary Franks commits
to Penn State Nittany Lions

8315758.jpg

ZACHARY FRANKS
  • OT
  • 6-6
  • CLASS OF 19
BALTIMORE, MD (GILMAN)​

Really liked his film. Moves well and gets good leverage. As solid as any other OL recruit.

I think Aug 1-31 is another Recruiting dead period which makes Franks commitment a little unexpected.. Can one of the board recruiting thread experts confirm the "dead" period and that
a dry spell is likely?? thanks love this thread.

I think Aug 1-31 is another Recruiting dead period which makes Franks commitment a little unexpected.. Can one of the board recruiting thread experts confirm the "dead" period and that
Someone recently said I wasn’t an expert, but I’ll answer. I believe you are correct about the dead period but incorrect in the dry spell. Whigan might decide before the season. I think we gained at least 1 at Lasch Bash that wasn’t announced yet, maybe 2

Yes. it is a dead period. Dry spell? Hard to say. Face to face contact is prohibited, but coaches and prospects can still communicate.

Someone recently said I wasn’t an expert, but I’ll answer. I believe you are correct about the dead period but incorrect in the dry spell. Whigan might decide before the season. I think we gained at least 1 at Lasch Bash that wasn’t announced yet, maybe 2
1 or 2 excluding Franks?

Lions building another impressive O-line class

ByTYLER DONOHUE
Aug 2, 5:13 PM

“They were telling me that I’m the missing piece to the puzzle and that I could truly benefit coming to State College,” Whigan told 247Sports' Sean Fitz, adding he may not wait much longer to make a decision.

https://247sports.com/Article/Penn-...9-offensive-line-recruiting-class-120326837/#

HAHAHAHAHA!

Walk-on son and bring that WR with ya next year!

(If ya don't, don't even bother walking on campus next year)

:):):):):):)

A close family friend of the Hollenbachs is my neighbor. Neighbor has been a Bama fan forever and said he and SH's dad (who thinks SH is worthy of a schollie from Bama, not just a PWO) both claim that "if Nick Saban asks to to come play for him, you go". Both of these dads are willing to pack up and move if need be (Hollenbach moved to SC after his freshman year I believe, my neighbor uses a friends address in the next town so his kid could transfer), they send their kids to every camp you cam imagine and always try to schmooze over the staff.

So while the kid may be a decent prospect I almost think it was the dad making him do it after being enamored with talking to Saban.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT