ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

I remember it being mentioned when he was wavering with us that Florida was Fields' favorite school. I can understand choosing UGA over UF if McElwain was there, but Mullen certainly has a better history of developing the position. And if you're Mullen, you need to put on the full court press on the #1 kid in the land when you take the UF job.

UGA depth chart is busy. UF depth chart is open. With Mullen, Fields likely steps in and starts from day 1. They started 3, maybe 4 QBs this year. Not saying it's the best idea (UGA is going to be good through Fields career; can't project the same for Florida).

JF piling the miles on ... Just left qb Max Duggan's house in Iowa technically this could be put under the 2019 recruiting thread as well

Are you sure Franklin was at his house and not his school? I didn't think head coaches could make in-home visits with juniors right now. Could be wrong, though.

UGA depth chart is busy. UF depth chart is open. With Mullen, Fields likely steps in and starts from day 1. They started 3, maybe 4 QBs this year. Not saying it's the best idea (UGA is going to be good through Fields career; can't project the same for Florida).

I agree totally, would not surprise me in the least to see Fields switch to UF shortly. Mullen will designate him the starter if he commits and not much UGA can do compete with his dream school and starting as a freshmen and coach who has a long list of developing qb's.

Wow, meeting Mullen today and said he will consider a visit to UF.

If Fields flips (again), he should be the front-runner for the Chris Simms Trophy awarded annually to college football's most fickle recruit.
indecision.jpg

Reactions: LionJim
Mann wish he didnt blow up in recruiting as quickly as he did. We would have still had him. He would have been (i assume) an absolute monster here to go along with slade and shorter... yeesh!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Mann wish he didnt blow up in recruiting as quickly as he did. We would have still had him. He would have been (i assume) an absolute monster here to go along with slade and shorter... yeesh!
It all works out in the end. Remember how good Wimbush looked during his recruitment and now, would you trade him for McSorley/Stevens? I wouldn’t. He looks dreadful for ND.

Penn State in Parsons' ear about playing LB - could see him play early and often if he's not hellbent on being strictly a DE...
Actually, I think that would actually be a selling point for Parsons... that, and my "superback" idea where he could come in as a hybrid TE/FB/TB. I didn't think of him when I suggested the superback, but he'd be the perfect fit for this type position.

Wonder what the most schools committed to in a recruiting cycle is currently?? Has to be close to setting a record!

It's an interesting thought. The kid from Wyomissing, Anzalone (?), from a couple years back was commited multiple times. Pretty sure he was O$U, ND and ended up at Florida.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT