ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

No Dotson or Culpepper?
I'm really hoping for a Dotson commit at some point. If SA Butts happens to commit prior to Dotson, George and Enis (may be a silent verbal now) I wonder how things would shake out (assuming they all want PSU). Four WRs would be the limit I would think. I'm sure the staff knows what's cooking. I wish we did.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I think Culpepper pulls the trigger, and Young will inform the staff this weekend that he's committing, but we won't know publicly until he drops his video next week. Mustipher and Walker are also potential commits, but my gut says that both hold out for a little while longer. I also think we reestablish ourselves as Oweh's and George's leader and make up ground with Smith (although I think he still ends up at OSU). We'll offer Levis and you'll see a flood of crystal balls for him, and I have a pretty good feeling about the other CB from Florida (can't remember his name - Montgomery?) who is making his way up.

I could also see Houston or potentially Hawkins from the 2019 class committing. Would love to see us get on the 2019 board this weekend, and those guys look like the most likely targets.

nWU1rrK.gif

247Sports Composite Ranking: Four-star, .9494 rating; No. 105 overall, No. 8 Defensive Tackle, No. 5 in Maryland

247Sports Ranking: Four-star, 95 rating; No. 75 overall, No. 7 Defensive Tackle, No. 3 in Maryland.

247Sports Crystal Ball: Penn State holds 10 of 13 predictions on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. Notre Dame has a pair and Tennessee holds one.

Actions: Mustipher was thought to be a Notre Dame lean early, as his older brother Sam is the starting center for the Fighting Irish. He was last in South Bend in April but the Golden Domers seem to have faded. Tennessee also got a visit in April and he attended a game in Knoxville last fall. Maryland has been his most visited school as of late, as he was there a few times in June. Mustipher just got back from The Opening Finals in Oregon after winning positional MVP honors at the New Jersey regional in April. He plans to visit Tennessee again and possibly Alabama before making a decision.

Penn State Story: This will be Mustipher’s first trip to State College since a mini-Junior Day on May 20. He was also up for a spring practice in April and a game last fall. After the May Junior Day his 247Sports Crystal Ball took a sharp turn toward the Nittany Lions. He remains very high on the board for James Franklin and Sean Spencer and they would love for him to end it this weekend. He says he has no timetable for a decision.

QB Levis

Camps were key, too, as the 6-foot-4, 222-pound three-star picked up offers after camping at Syracuse, North Carolina, Florida State, Iowa, and Connecticut so far this summer, and Ole Miss has also offered.

Now, Levis is hoping to parlay another camp experience into an offer, as he'll throw for Penn State's coaching staff during their camp at the Lasch Building on Friday night.

What is he hoping to prove?

"I'm hoping to show them that I can be a great contributor and leader for their program," Levis told PennLive. "I've been in contact with them for a while, and they started showing interest in me again after Justin [Fields] decommitted, and it's just a matter of me going out there and throwing and working out to the best of my ability.

"They have yet to see me throw live, so this is an opportunity to show them what I'm all about."

Regarding Lamb, and Fields, is that geography often trumps everything. Not always, but all other things being equal, most people want to be close to home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT