ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Should not surprise you. Wasn't ND always thought to be his dream school. Once they entered the fight, I figured he was going to end up there.

I don't believe that's accurate. He did say he wanted an ND offer. (Kids say that stuff all the time ) But never heard it was his dream school

But his dad hid have Beaver Stadium as his twitter picture ..... mom and dad are alums.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Some people aren't going to like this, but there is a chance with Lamb that we aren't the first school he commits to but are the last. I think even if he pulls the trigger elsewhere his parents will want him to see a game at Beaver Stadium this fall.

Reactions: LionJim and TheGLOV
I don't believe that's accurate. He did say he wanted an ND offer. (Kids say that stuff all the time ) But never heard it was his dream school

But his dad hid have Beaver Stadium as his twitter picture ..... mom and dad are alums.

You might be right. I thought I read it somewhere but it could have been someone speculating. But when someone specifically says they want offer from x school, my spider senses always tingle.

Reactions: RS54 and TheGLOV
And Dotson?
Yeah, I think it's Dotson instead of George on that list. George seems to be taking his time a bit more, while I'm pretty sure that Dotson has specifically said he wants to decide before his high school training camp starts. I think Dotson's a strong Lasch Bash commit candidate.

Yeah, I think it's Dotson instead of George on that list. George seems to be taking his time a bit more, while I'm pretty sure that Dotson has specifically said he wants to decide before his high school training camp starts. I think Dotson's a strong Lasch Bash commit candidate.

George said he wants to commit in late July or early August.

Miner ready to announce

6_5323266.jpg

Tampa (Fla.) Wiregrass Ranch cornerback Jordan Miner will announce his decision next month. The four-star prospect tweeted that he’ll be making his decision in a segment that will air on July 6.

The Nittany Lions recently grabbed the lead on the 247Sports Crystal Ball following an unofficial visit earlier this month. Maryland, North Carolina and Tennessee make up his final four. Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Wisconsin were among his other offers.

Mustipher has Penn State, Maryland, & Tennessee "a cut above the rest"

"Penn State, Maryland, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, and Virginia Tech are the ones I'm concentrating on now," Mustipher said. "I would say my relationships at Penn State, Maryland, and Tennessee are the strongest. You could say those three schools are a cut above the rest.

"I was at Penn State in late May," he said. "It was a great visit. It gave me a chance to get back there again. I hadn't been there since the spring. My family really wanted to get back there and continue building the relationships we have there. They've been recruiting me since I was 14 years old. It was good to hang out with the coaches during a baseball game and see what's going on.

"(Rivals100 defensive end) Eyabi (Anoma) went on that visit with me and we are really close," said Mustipher. "I played AAU basketball with him back when I was in middle school. We've talked about going to school together and it would be game over for the offensive linemen it he was playing end and I was playing the three-technique. That would be deadly. When it gets closer to when I'm going to commit or when he's going to commit we'll definitely talk about it."

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals250-dt-has-penn-state-maryland-tennessee-a-cut-above-the-rest-

Mustipher has Penn State, Maryland, & Tennessee "a cut above the rest"

"Penn State, Maryland, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, and Virginia Tech are the ones I'm concentrating on now," Mustipher said. "I would say my relationships at Penn State, Maryland, and Tennessee are the strongest. You could say those three schools are a cut above the rest.

"I was at Penn State in late May," he said. "It was a great visit. It gave me a chance to get back there again. I hadn't been there since the spring. My family really wanted to get back there and continue building the relationships we have there. They've been recruiting me since I was 14 years old. It was good to hang out with the coaches during a baseball game and see what's going on.

"(Rivals100 defensive end) Eyabi (Anoma) went on that visit with me and we are really close," said Mustipher. "I played AAU basketball with him back when I was in middle school. We've talked about going to school together and it would be game over for the offensive linemen it he was playing end and I was playing the three-technique. That would be deadly. When it gets closer to when I'm going to commit or when he's going to commit we'll definitely talk about it."

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals250-dt-has-penn-state-maryland-tennessee-a-cut-above-the-rest-
Anoma...game changer

Rasheed Walker on rumors of PSU leading: "That's not true"

"Everybody is saying that I'll end up at Penn State," Walker said. "I understand why they are saying that because I've been visiting there a lot. They say I've been to Penn State more than all my other schools. Penn State is one of my favorites but that's not true. I've been to Maryland more times than I can count and I've been to Ohio State about the same number of times as Penn State.

"I just like the environment at Penn State when I go there," he said. "It's just really chill and I have a good relationship with the staff. It's a nice place to be. I think I'm going to the Lasch Basch on July15th."

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals100-offensive-tackle-on-rumors-of-psu-leading-that-s-not-true-

Last edited:
Justin Shorter – Among the big-bodied wide receivers in this class – and there are a few – Shorter probably stood out the most on day one. He's just so big and fast and he has very good body control for a receiver that big. He's committed to Penn State.

I don't see Mustipher going to Tennessee. Maryland's season this year is going to be very important not only for them, but also for us.

Does it just seem like recruiting analysts must push all of our early commits way up their rankings? Franklin and staff must be very good at identifying talent. Fields was on a meteoric rise and then decommitted. Shorter seems like he is making a strong case for 5 star status. Barkley and many other current lions were seriously under-rated. At some point, a PSU offer is going to mean a boost in rankings just because Franklin's staff is obviously great at identifying the talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT