165: Think about this...

THREE guys from the same high school, same club, same coach

Mulvaney Bucknell
O'Toole Mizzou
Mesenbrink Penn State

The coach?

John Mesenbrink

Insane.
I'm sure that MM already knows KOT very well, but I wonder if dear old dad spends some time this next week reminding his son and Casey of KOT's thought processes in certain situations.

Last edited:
I'm sure that MM already knows KOT very well, but I wonder if dear old dad spends some time this next week reminding his son and Casey of KOT's thought precesses in certain situations.
at this point, KOT is beyond his HS days... even freshman college days

No. I heard it on a phone call.
From a guy that read it on the internet?
Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

From a guy that read it on the internet?
Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends
Seriously though, I don't think MM and Keegan are as familiar with each other as most think. Mitch said his main training partners through years were Ben, his Dad and Aiden Sinclair. Not even sure the two spent much time together on same hs team. Maybe a year???

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
If partnered up with MM. It might be hard for OTool to like a partner that shoots every 3 seconds in practice. Would be exhausting. But I love it!!!

O'Toole is tricky. He fooled Carr twice for those defensive takedowns. O'Toole does things like move the head outside on inside singles, cuts the corner like Hamiti, and looks for cradles in extended scrambles. He also wrestles on the edge like Hidlay at times. He is elite in long extended scrambles. One of the keys to Mitch winning will be to finish clean on leg attacks. Another key will be for Mitch to ugly it up a bit and wrestle inside a lot, make KOT uncomfortable, and then of course, use that pace as a weapon. Nobody has his pace. Nobody. If Mitch is within 2 going into the third, he's going to win this match.

Keep it close and wear him down. But wrestle smart and get the hell out of the extended scrambles either using the boundaries or stalemate.

I watched the KOT- Carr match last night.KOT reminded me of being very similar to Hamati.
Likes to counter leg shots by coming over the top and wrapping behind bottom guy. Carr had him a couple of times but couldn't finish. If Mitch can get leg from side he might avoid getting countered. He should be watching John Smith video for maybe the greatest single leg ever. He worked it off to the side, creating inward pressure on knee.

Personally I don't think hamiti is that far behind the top three if at all. If he wrestles a perfect match he can beat anyone his length is that problematic not to mention he can catch anyone at anytime with some weird cradle with those long arms.

I think Carr has lost some zip on his attacks, very mechanical. Mitch the twitch is very sudden and kot and Carr don't have deans length.

Reactions: District four
I think Carr has lost some zip on his attacks, very mechanical. Mitch the twitch is very sudden and kot and Carr don't have deans length.
I keep hearing KOT is a Hamiti equivalent in length as if that's true, or the deciding factor, and it's neither.

If Keegan beats Mitchell then it's because he was better on that night. No other reason.

Hint: Keegan is not beating Mitchell next week.

I keep hearing KOT is a Hamiti equivalent in length as if that's true, or the deciding factor, and it's neither.

If Keegan beats Mitchell then it's because he was better on that night. No other reason.

Hint: Keegan is not beating Mitchell next week.
Keagan doesn't even come close to the reach that hamiti has not is he as tall. He's tall just not that tall. Hamiti is a freak

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT