ADVERTISEMENT

133/141 this year

McScoreley

Feb 24, 2019
What a difference a year makes. 133 went from a meatgrinder class last year to a lot more open now. Does anyone know if DeSanto is going 141? If he is, that technically makes RBY the highest returner. Obviously Seth Gross is the favorite now that he's healthy. We'll need RBY to take full advantage and really improve on his finish from last year. Stylistically unfortunately, he is just not a good matchup for Gross who is an absolute hammer on top.

1 - Suriano (Olympic RS)
2 - Fix (Olympic RS)
3 - Micic (Olympic RS)
4 - Pletcher (bumped to 141)
5 - ADS (???)
6 - Erneste (graduated)
7 - Backpack (graduated)
8 - RBY

141 on the other hand looks to be super deep now, looks like a lot of people moved into that class with Yianni and Eierman redshirting, thinking they have a chance to win it all. I wouldn't say there is a favorite in this class at all.

1 - Yianni (Olympic RS)
2 - McKenna (graduated)
3 - Eierman (Olympic RS)
4 - Demas
5 - Nick!!!
6 - McKee
7 - Shoop
8 - Red

Newcomers: Luke Pletcher, Real Woods, Grant Leeth, Tariq Wilson, Kaden Gfeller.

Any analysis on this for PSU? I think this benefits PSU at the tournament because despite how deep the class is, I think Nick wrestling at his best can win the whole thing. Meanwhile, after grinding his way to AA last year, the bracket is a lot less daunting this year for RBY.

What a difference a year makes. 133 went from a meatgrinder class last year to a lot more open now. Does anyone know if DeSanto is going 141? If he is, that technically makes RBY the highest returner. Obviously Seth Gross is the favorite now that he's healthy. We'll need RBY to take full advantage and really improve on his finish from last year. Stylistically unfortunately, he is just not a good matchup for Gross who is an absolute hammer on top.

1 - Suriano (Olympic RS)
2 - Fix (Olympic RS)
3 - Micic (Olympic RS)
4 - Pletcher (bumped to 141)
5 - ADS (???)
6 - Erneste (graduated)
7 - Backpack (graduated)
8 - RBY

141 on the other hand looks to be super deep now, looks like a lot of people moved into that class with Yianni and Eierman redshirting, thinking they have a chance to win it all. I wouldn't say there is a favorite in this class at all.

1 - Yianni (Olympic RS)
2 - McKenna (graduated)
3 - Eierman (Olympic RS)
4 - Demas
5 - Nick!!!
6 - McKee
7 - Shoop
8 - Red

Newcomers: Luke Pletcher, Real Woods, Grant Leeth, Tariq Wilson, Kaden Gfeller.

Any analysis on this for PSU? I think this benefits PSU at the tournament because despite how deep the class is, I think Nick wrestling at his best can win the whole thing. Meanwhile, after grinding his way to AA last year, the bracket is a lot less daunting this year for RBY.
Analysis? You did a good job showing who's at each weight class. My humble opinion is that if our guys stay healthy, we'll be fine. Excited to see the season unfold.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT