ADVERTISEMENT

#1 seeds most likely to win

jack66

May 29, 2001
#1 Zain - anything else would be a colossal upset.
#2 Nickal - he can go big against the field, he can go basic against MyMar.
#3 Snyder - a lock for the finals but maybe only a 60-40 chance against Coon.
#4 Gross - similar to Snyder, pretty certain to reach finals, but Micic will be a challenge.
#5 Valencia - again similar to #2 & #3, a big favorite to make finals, but ZV vs MH is about 50/50.
#6 IMar - his path to the finals is a little tougher than ZV's, and Joseph could be waiting.
#7 Meredith - 141 is wide open, but I think Brice has an edge on the field.
#8 Cruz - good wrestler, but 125 is a meat grinder from the quarters on.
#9 Moore - he only had to wrestle 3 matches in a 2 day tourney at Bigs, lets see if he gasses Friday when he has to wrestle matches 3 and 4 with weigh-ins Saturday.
#10 Hidlay - Nolf.

I think Zain, Nickal, and Nolf are locks.

Hall and Joseph are both about 50-50 for me, but they both were champions last year, and you have to beat the champions to be the champions.

If all five can repeat, then the team title is Penn State's.

And if Lee, Rasheed, and Nevills can rack up serious bonus points along the way, then Penn State will defend its title.

Reactions: Dogwelder
1) Zain - Enough said.
2) Nickal - How fun will it be if the team race comes down to this match up v. MyMar?
3) Gross - Will find a way to get it done this year.
4) Meredith - See above.
5) Snyder - I think Coon will win the final match of the night.
6) Valencia - Is this or Heavy the more anticipated 1v2 match-up?
7) Cruz - Who really has a clue at this weight?
8) IMar - Another match-up w/ VJ. Should be fun.
9) Hidlay - If Nolf is healthy he will repeat.
10) Moore - Maybe will not even be in the finals.

1) Zain - Enough said.
2) Nickal - How fun will it be if the team race comes down to this match up v. MyMar?
3) Gross - Will find a way to get it done this year.
4) Meredith - See above.
5) Snyder - I think Coon will win the final match of the night.
6) Valencia - Is this or Heavy the more anticipated 1v2 match-up?
7) Cruz - Who really has a clue at this weight?
8) IMar - Another match-up w/ VJ. Should be fun.
9) Hidlay - If Nolf is healthy he will repeat.
10) Moore - Maybe will not even be in the finals.
Not sure i would have Meredith as the 4th most likely #1 to win. He's lost to McKenna before, and whoever he has in the finals Yianni or Eierman is a toss up imo. 141 is a lot like 125 imo

1 - Zain - fairly obvious one I think
2 - Gross - I think he's going to dominate
3 - Snyder - will not bet against Captain America in a major tournament until proven otherwise
4a - Martinez - slight edge on Nickal just due to Martinez's consistency at the top
4b - Nickal - good candidate, Martin will be tough regardless (may face Preisch who is tough as well)
6 - Valencia - would put Hall in this spot as well, they are equal to win it imo
7 - Meredith - feel good about him getting to the final but Yianni D gives me pause
8 - Hidlay - think he's being underestimated and a non-healthy Nolf leaves the door open for him
9 - Moore - think he's the best guy at 197, but he's been inconsistent the last half of the year
10 - Cruz - will probably have to beat Lizak, Suriano, Lee/Tomasello consecutively to win the title, just really can't see him doing that as great of a wrestler as he is

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT