ADVERTISEMENT

“Breaking things that didn’t need fixing.....”

If I read the article correctly, it was Ticketmaster that discontinued the program, not PSU?

If I read the article correctly, it was Ticketmaster that discontinued the program, not PSU?

That’s what SOMEBODY wants you to believe...

A quick check shows other schools still utilizing TM for their student ticket exchange, while other programs choose to operate their own web-based exchange platform .... #somethingsmells

Reactions: EPC FAN and 91Joe95
Who needs a student section when you can sell those seats at a premium? Under age kids (aka freshman) can't buy alcohol in the stadium to f$$d the cash monster. Bye. ;)

They cannot eliminate the student section.

"OUTRAGED" Are you F'in KIDDING ME?
While having one-stop shop, web portal, to transfer tix is convenient, I give this a solid, what-the-f*ck-ever. Somehow, for decades, students managed to sell tix with nothing more than a sheet of paper posted in the commons. Now there are tons of social media options as well. The article says there is a FB group but they complain "not everyone has access." Bullsh*t. They choose not to access facebook. They choose not to engage in the available mediums.
Listen here snowflake - Ticketmaster is not a right. Things change. If you want to buy a ticket, create a FB account, look in the commons, wear a placcard on campus saying "need football tic," ask your mommy to do it for you. Figure it out! You're a student at a pretty good university. You're not a moron. If you can't figure out how to buy a damn student football ticket, life is gonna eat you alive.
As Denis Leary once said, "Life sucks. Get a F'in helmet"

WE ARE!

Griping is easy; action takes fortitude. If students are upset, then tell the athletic department to go to he!!. Pick a big game, such as, Michigan, stay outside the stadium on Curtin Road and chant: Hell no we won't go. Nothing University can do since students have the right of assembly per constitution.

Am I serious, nah! Hell no: we won't go.

Griping is easy; action takes fortitude. If students are upset, then tell the athletic department to go to he!!. Pick a big game, such as, Michigan, stay outside the stadium on Curtin Road and chant: Hell no we won't go. Nothing University can do since students have the right of assembly per constitution.

Am I serious, nah! Hell no: we won't go.

One has to assume that the tens of complaints found on twitter or fb are people who care that much.

That is unlikely. Probably almost noone cares.

Most likely the program was not being used enough to be profitable.

LdN

"Now, students will have to personally seek out other students who are selling their tickets in order to purchase one for themselves."

LOL, you mean like "olden times"...you know when they used to punch the season ticket. ;)
The youths of the country hate person-to-person contact. Just stare at their machines all day. They won't talk to each other, texting people in the same room. Won't make eye contact, shake hands, won't use cash.

Now you expect them to search each other out, talk to each other, exchange money, and exchange tickets??? All without tongs???:confused:

Let's clear a few things up.

The Ticketmaster system no longer allows students to post tickets for sale or transfer, however they can use the system to transfer their ticket to another student. Eliminating the ability to post a ticket means that they must find another student who wants their ticket.

Additional changes to the system.

Football tickets are no longer just associated with the student ID. The student ID card is still required to enter to the first gate, but now students must open a smart device to have a digital ticket scanned. The bar code on the ticket dynamically changes, therefore the student must have access to the internet and open their actual student account to display the ticket (a screen shot of the ticket won't work because the bar code changes).

Many students had been just handing their student ID to a friend to use their ticket instead of the hassle of transferring the ticket. However, because of the new digital ticket requirement this transfer method has been eliminated (who would give anyone access to their PSU student account? No one would, so all transfers will be through the student transfer portal).

However, The on-line system will only allow ticket transfers up to 4 hours before kickoff. Think about how many tickets exchanged hands in the dorm hallways when you were in school. There are many reasons that 10 - 15% of the students make game day decisions to not go to the game. Some reasons are; sick, funeral, last minute assignment scheduled, unprepared for the Monday exam, etc. Now, none of these tickets can possibly be used, unless the student is willing to hand someone else their ID card and their smart phone...so none of them will be used.

This new system does suck.

All of this in order to stop a few students from profiting on the secondary market. If you consider profiting to be a problem I'm positive a much better solution exists.

FWIW:

Go to this link and read all this shit:

https://gopsusports.com/sports/2019/8/12/student-football-ticket-procedures.aspx

And then ask yourself:
"How would this all compare to simply sending tickets to the seven games to each kid after they bought their tickets?"
And
"If they did that.... how many steps of the "process" would be made either much simpler, or utterly superfluous - and could therefore be eliminated, along with the costs to manage those processes..... let alone the reduction in "headache" and pain-in-the-ass costs?"

This shit - and 99% of the other ICA "problems" - ain't rocket surgery.

th

"I think I need another AAD"

th

https://gopsusports.com/staff.aspx

Looks like Rube Goldberg was resurrected and given a job as an AAD.

Reactions: stormingnorm
Why should traffic and parking have all the fun? Don't worry, they'll get it fixed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT