ADVERTISEMENT

Zain/Yianni wrestle off location

What about DT? He shuffled out of there pretty quick. Not sure if he took pics with anybody .. Only saw Nolf from a distance didn’t catch RBY and saw Mark Hall leaving the parking lot.

I sat a few rows behind DT and he took a picture with every kid that asked. Had to be over a hundred kids that he obliged. Walking to the lot after I was next to him and his wife. He was kind enough to chat. He said the knee is improving and he will be ready for 2020.

I sat a few rows behind DT and he took a picture with every kid that asked. Had to be over a hundred kids that he obliged. Walking to the lot after I was next to him and his wife. He was kind enough to chat. He said the knee is improving and he will be ready for 2020.
David is so freaking personable and accommodating. A few years ago he was stopped at Sheetz in Philipsburg when he was recognized and with that huge smile of his he posed with half a dozen kids for pictures.

Is that Morgan McIntosh? I am like 99.9% sure I saw him at the Waffle Shop a couple of weeks ago. So much for being homesick.

HERE WE GO! CHOOO CHOO.

-Zain gets a huge ovation. Looking slim thicc and ready.
-Yianni with a calm walk and some slaps.
- Audio cuts out.

- Elbow attack from Yianni. Blocked and nothing.
- Yianni aggressive. Zain taps the knee. Yianni shoots but nothing. 0-0 after one minute.
- Passive warning on Zain.
- Double from Zain. Yianni magic somehow stops it. Scramble. Maybe exposure?! Wowzer. Brick thrown.
- They finally have figured out how to do replays, but the auido is playing still and no idea what happened.
- 1-0 Yianni assuming bc of failed challenge?
- YIanni get's a leg. Zain exposes him. 2-1. Scramble. Stalemate.

I NEED A CIGARETTE.

- Yianni falls into a shot. Time runs out. 2-1 Zain at half.
- Yianni the aggressor but Zain's D was awesome.
-----------
- Yianni Shot reattack from Zain. Yianni dead, but then of course not. Now Zain in trouble. Yianni 2, but white paddled.
- 2-1 Zain, 2 minutes left.
- Yianni duck/shot blocked.
- That again.
- 1 minute left.
- Zain on a leg. Then two, but Yianni is just insane. Hangs on no points.
- 40 seconds.
- Tired shot from Yianni.
- Zain getting hands to face warning.
- Zain get to a leg and im scared. but he hangs on to a leg.
- Yianni starts kicking Zain in the head, but somehow Yianni gets one? NM white paddled.
- Yianni gives in with 10 seconds left goes for handshake, Zain too jacked. I'm sure people will cry about it.
- CHOO CHOO MOTHER ****ERS.
+1 for tobacco reference
+1 for "CHOO CHOO MOTHER****ERS."

5/5 Stars. Would recommend for all to view.

nerf, or anyone that attended... if you were to guess, how was the crowd aligned, ballpark guess (50/50, 60/40 Zain, 60/40 Yianni, etc.)?

For personal reasons, I was unable to go, so just asking. We sent a ton of emails (PSU to season ticket holders, NLWC to members, and PSWC to members, each sent two), prior to tickets going on sale in an attempt to get a decided home-mat advantage for Zain.

80/20 Zain/Yianni I’d estimate

nerf, or anyone that attended... if you were to guess, how was the crowd aligned, ballpark guess (50/50, 60/40 Zain, 60/40 Yianni, etc.)?

For personal reasons, I was unable to go, so just asking. We sent a ton of emails (PSU to season ticket holders, NLWC to members, and PSWC to members, each sent two), prior to tickets going on sale in an attempt to get a decided home-mat advantage for Zain.
85% Zain + 15% Yianni \ 100% supportive wrestling fans = 1 great afternoon!

Reactions: tewlepz and hlstone
And flashbacks of Bo doing abracadabra to Dean.
Which one?
giphy.gif

Or

giphy.gif

This one ain't bad either:

giphy.gif

My main takeaway from the match, besides the adjustments that Zain made, was the way we was handling the weight cut. At the Open and FinalX he looked as if he was drawn out and stripped of some of his muscle mass. Over the weekend at Wilkes he obviously made some adjustments to his diet/ weight cut and it showed.

Everyone on Flo, minus Willie, is trying to create more controversy. They are saying 2 and 2 when Zain scored.

Reactions: Grass
They're saying that Yianni put Zain on his back and exposed and Willie is saying that Zain initiated the movement and Yianni could only have scored if he held Zain on his back.

It's the distinction between Zain initiating the movement with the crotch lift or Yianni initiating the movement and Zain rolling him through. I don't see what they are seeing. I'm with Willie on this.

They're saying that Yianni put Zain on his back and exposed and Willie is saying that Zain initiated the movement and Yianni could only have scored if he held Zain on his back.

It's the distinction between Zain initiating the movement with the crotch lift or Yianni initiating the movement and Zain rolling him through. I don't see what they are seeing. I'm with Willie on this.
fReEsTyLe iS bEtTeR tHaN fOlK

Why didnt Koll brick this?

Everyone on Flo, minus Willie, is trying to create more controversy. They are saying 2 and 2 when Zain scored.

Pyles, Nomad and the other clown just can't let it go. I read a post from someone on The Mat forum that said that it was either 2 red or 2 blue and it couldn't be scored 2-2. The same poster said they agreed with the 2 red.

Good for Willie stating the obvious.

If you give any replay the Zapruder-film frame-by-frame treatment there are no limits to the fouls, points, penalties, and crimes against humanity you'll find. Matches actually happen in real time, though.

I get why they like to talk about Yianni, he's an intelligent, supremely talented and genial dude. The thing at this point is that Zain beat Yianni fair and square and they might subconsciously (especially Bratke) not be happy with it,

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
And it has to be noted that there's a gulf-wide difference in access Flo has to Yianni versus, well, any Penn State wrestler or alum. I doubt that consciously colors their bias, but their rooting interest here has always been apparent.

And it has to be noted that there's a gulf-wide difference in access Flo has to Yianni versus, well, any Penn State wrestler or alum. I doubt that consciously colors their bias, but their rooting interest here has always been apparent.
They addressed this, too. It's the reality of how Cael operates. He doesn't have to do it and he probably never will open it up. Continue do what is working.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
GREAT point

Fans could learn something from the wrestlers, whether it's Yianni, Zain, or any of the many, many wrestlers that show sportsmanship/class.

In this video, Yianni spins the hateful comments (not all were hateful) into saying that fans care, diffuses the situation, and shows wisdom beyond his years.

Reactions: nerfstate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT