ADVERTISEMENT

Zain/Yanni

Ya know, it probably shouldn't have been allowed to be brick'd at that point. However, this is the 2nd time Cornell has had to get lawyers involved this off-season to skew things their way.

I DON'T WANNA HEAR NONE OF THIS "SLUSH FUND" BULLSHIT. I DON'T WANNA HEAR "THEY HAVE ALL THE MONEY!" THESE DUDES BROUGHT IN ****ING LAWYERS TO FIGHT THEIR BATTLES TWICE IN 6 MONTHS. THESE ARE THE ARROGANT, SELF-CENTERED RICH KIDS FROM EVERY SITCOM/CHILDREN'S TV SHOW. IT'S **** CORNELL FROM NOW ON.

Also: the argument that whatever process gives you the "best team" is the best process, no matter how convoluted and prejudicial, is undercut somewhat by those wrestlers having to prepare and cut down for matches they'd otherwise not have to prepare and cut down for. You're weakening whoever the winner turns out to be to some degree by making them wrestle outside the ordinary schedule.

Ya know, it probably shouldn't have been allowed to be brick'd at that point. However, this is the 2nd time Cornell has had to get lawyers involved this off-season to skew things their way.

I DON'T WANNA HEAR NONE OF THIS "SLUSH FUND" BULLSHIT. I DON'T WANNA HEAR "THEY HAVE ALL THE MONEY!" THESE DUDES BROUGHT IN ****ING LAWYERS TO FIGHT THEIR BATTLES TWICE IN 6 MONTHS. THESE ARE THE ARROGANT, SELF-CENTERED RICH KIDS FROM EVERY SITCOM/CHILDREN'S TV SHOW. IT'S **** CORNELL FROM NOW ON.

Crop needs a snickers.

Also: the argument that whatever process gives you the "best team" is the best process, no matter how convoluted and prejudicial, is undercut somewhat by those wrestlers having to prepare and cut down for matches they'd otherwise not have to prepare and cut down for. You're weakening whoever the winner turns out to be to some degree by making them wrestle outside the ordinary schedule.

Great post

Reactions: tikk10

Really Crop tell us how you feel

Fantastic post Crop!! Lol

I’m pissed about the timing.

These asshats had ALL FREAKING SUMMER to visit a protest.

They should have had a decision the Monday or Wednesday after the match

.... not 6-8 WEEKS LATER WITH WORLD LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY.

IDIOTS. o_O
Also true.

Does anyone here think, hell...best man will win with all that’s been said, done and on the line?

Is Cornell the litigation national champ?

Everything lawyers touch, turns to shit. Now unfortunately we will have to live through this process many times in the years ahead.

That said, I can't say the outcome is 'unfair'.

Zain has the advantage and whomever wins will be the better representative for this world team.

Its no wonder Yianni won arbitration.... the arbitrator has a undergrad degree from Ohio State

Reactions: diggerpup
Cael getting a call is what caused this whole mess. If anything it strengthens the argument.

I don’t think anyone ever claimed that independent arbitrators give Cael calls the same way that wrestling referees do.
tell that to Mark Hall v Zahid this year (bogus 2) and the Taylor-Cox slippy slide fiasco where Cox blocked off for a near eternity with nothing called. That was a joke.

Cael and crew usually use their challenges judiciously and have a great win percentage accordingly. Meanwhile. Ryan uses them like a drunk sailor uses his Leave Pay

Last edited:
Make no mistake, Tikk. Zain was jobbed by not getting the points. But then Yianni wrestled ahead because he’s not behind. It’s the very reason we watch reviews restart from the point of a reversal...the situation changes.

None the less, the review should never have happened since it was too late. I don’t know what else could be done other than redo the match...unless you decide They should just wrestle match 3....which you could easily make the case.

Too many matches in wrestling are NOT scored nor recorded well. How many times have you seen the ref talk to the table to ensure the proper score is reflected. How does that impact reviews/challenges? That is my biggest concern over everyone's posture about the x second challenge rule. Yianni himself provided an example when interviewed by Askren that he laced someone 3 or 4 times and ref only gave him credit for only two during one of his international matches. Freestyle can be more of a cluster when you have more than the ref scoring...
Also, I'm not sold on the 'a wrestler wrestling as in behind or ahead' for some of the same reasons and especially because they are wrestling. Meaning they may hear a ref call or not; may see the scoreboard or not.

Everything lawyers touch, turns to shit. Now unfortunately we will have to live through this process many times in the years ahead.

That said, I can't say the outcome is 'unfair'.

Zain has the advantage and whomever wins will be the better representative for this world team.

But it IS unfair...

Unfair to BOTH of them who had to wait this long, are you telling me that USA wrestling couldnt find an arbitrator who wasnt 2 months behind?
Hell, Tikk woulda done this pro-bono, and we would have LOVED the ruling lol.

Set the record straight Zain.

All the jokers on twitter with their little hehe comments because they hate PSU, makes me sick.

I will say this right now and I know one gives a damn. If I ever see a match outcome go to court/arbitrator ever again I’ll never watch another wrestling match. Makes me absolutely sick that court can overturn what some may say is a “botched call or procedural error.”

I watch sports because it’s imperfect. Winners win and referees, umpires calls are final. You have reviews already, now we have courts?

Look at NFL last year. Worst call ever, but it didn’t go to court.

Makes me sick..rant over

Too many matches in wrestling are NOT scored nor recorded well. How many times have you seen the ref talk to the table to ensure the proper score is reflected. How does that impact reviews/challenges? That is my biggest concern over everyone's posture about the x second challenge rule. Yianni himself provided an example when interviewed by Askren that he laced someone 3 or 4 times and ref only gave him credit for only two during one of his international matches. Freestyle can be more of a cluster when you have more than the ref scoring...
Also, I'm not sold on the 'a wrestler wrestling as in behind or ahead' for some of the same reasons and especially because they are wrestling. Meaning they may hear a ref call or not; may see the scoreboard or not.
Oh I totally agree with your point on the scoring errors. Happens all the time. But in any sport the competitors play to the situation, preserving leads or stepping on the gas, playing risky from behind or working to close a gap. You don’t have to be totally sold on how wrestlers react to a score but what Yianni pointed out in the match v Askren is they have a pretty good idea what the score is on their own and why they might argue a score is wrong.

We are so wound up in wanting our guy to win or our vitriol for Rob Koll that we forget we had an outcome changed by a challenge that shouldn’t have been allowed to happen by rule. Outcome.

The protest should have have been reviewed and taken care of right away and wrestled rather than forcing a wrestle off now only a few weeks before Worlds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT