ADVERTISEMENT

Would not want to play Oregon

None of those teams "want to play Oregon" when the other option is Washington or FSU.
Not one of them. This is bias against the Pac XII.
I don't believe for a second you think Michigan wants anything to do with Oregon or Smart wants to go against the coach that knows him the second best after Saban
Please read the full comment
You obviously have reading comprehension issues.

I don't. Did you watch Washington today? I promise you ever playoff team is rooting for Washington...and FSU to get in the playoff. Oregon is the biggest threat after Georgia and Michigan--we all know it. Well, Ohio State might be but things aren't going their way.

If Oregon loses again to Washington on Friday night, we could see them in the Fiesta Bowl. I think they'd be about 4 point favorites over us.

I really hope we don't get Tulane...

Reactions: dswartz
If Oregon loses again to Washington on Friday night, we could see them in the Fiesta Bowl. I think they'd be about 4 point favorites over us.

I really hope we don't get Tulane...
Not an Oregon fan but I predict they will roll Washington this time around. Oregon has gotten stronger as the year has gone on and Washington has seemed to plateau.

Reactions: LandoComando
Ok, and how did Allar and the offense function for multiple quarters vs NW, ILL, Indiana, etc. Your blanket statement about Oregon and the overall performance of PSU is off base, IMO. Our running game all year was barely effective and couldn't real off chunk runs until Week 12. The passing game, despite Allar not being reckless with INT's, was not very good. His comp% for the season was what, 61%? That isn't very good.

I'll flip your statement around...no team in the B1G has an offense or a QB as remotely good as what Nix has been for Oregon this year...they are balanced and physical. Even if our D 'held' them to say...bw 24-27 pts, our offense hasn't shown ALL YEAR the ability to function vs any team with comparable talent...i.e. OSU and MIch.

And, congrats to you for predicting we would beat Utah last year, without two of their best offensive players, including an All Amer at TE.
Oregon has had very good recruiting classes that make up this team. I believe they would be competitive if they make the CFP but not enough to win it IMO. The top of the PAC is not as strong compared to SEC West, Big Ten East, and even Big 12. Preseason rankings overvalued the PAC which affects what people call good wins. PSU vs Oregon would be interesting seeing how neither team has a win over what most consider a good team.

No PAC 12 team has a defense evenly remotely close to OSU or Michigan's defense. You probably said we would lose to Utah in the Rose Bowl last year, too, like most of the public did (not me). Oregon was big and bad last year, too, until they played a team with a pulse and a real defense (UGA) and got humiliated.
That was game 2 last year. Lanning's second game as head coach and Bo Nix at QB. I think they are a little better this year.

What was his percentage the other 10 games?
Who cares what it was? The hypothetical that was thrown out by a poster was that PSU would smoke Oregon or a team in that grouping of the CFP contenders. Allar's 10 other games were against dogcrap opponents with terrible offenses. I was at the NW and OSU games...and he looked like a QB who needs major work of his tools and fundamentals. His overall % was 62%...not exactly stellar. I think we would get beat and handily by Oregon because our offense is a mess and the WR room is arguably the worst I've seen in recent memory.

I expect next year he should be able to win a couple of those games vs 'brand names' or he is not the guy. Sorry if that's expecting too much.

11200 posts in less than two years, the idiot has mental problems.
Could be, but if someone wants to go quantity over quality it's not that hard to get to that number. That's like 15 posts a day. The majority of his posts probably don't require much thought. Just take anything fairly reasonable that someone says or something the least bit non-complimentary of Michigan, then say the exact opposite.

Could be, but if someone wants to go quantity over quality it's not that hard to get to that number. That's like 15 posts a day. The majority of his posts probably don't require much thought. Just take anything fairly reasonable that someone says or something the least bit non-complimentary of Michigan, then say the exact opposite.

That's why I keep telling those who insist on responding to the jackoff, don't do it and he'll eventually get lost.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Who cares what it was? The hypothetical that was thrown out by a poster was that PSU would smoke Oregon or a team in that grouping of the CFP contenders. Allar's 10 other games were against dogcrap opponents with terrible offenses. I was at the NW and OSU games...and he looked like a QB who needs major work of his tools and fundamentals. His overall % was 62%...not exactly stellar. I think we would get beat and handily by Oregon because our offense is a mess and the WR room is arguably the worst I've seen in recent memory.

I expect next year he should be able to win a couple of those games vs 'brand names' or he is not the guy. Sorry if that's expecting too much.
Right. Ignore 90% of the games and stats that don't support your point.

Right. Ignore 90% of the games and stats that don't support your point.
LOL...ok you are always an apologist on here, and you are missing the point. Why should we evaluate Drew on his stats vs the ten patsies on the schedule, as opposed to the two best teams that are elite programs. Do you truly evaluate players on how they do vs lesser competition, or rather, equal or slightly better competition? JF says it all the time that Michigan and OSU are where we are trying to get to. So, that is how I will look and evaluate. If your measuring stick is how we do vs IU, Rutgers, etc., I'm not surprised. And, frankly, Drew's comp % wasn't very good for the full season...low 60's is not where you want to be.

If we're looking at how Penn State would do against Oregon wouldn't it make sense to look at how we did against other great teams not the others?
Exactly, but Voltz, AWS1022 and others are fan boys to the extreme who have no ability to be objective.

• Haha
LOL...ok you are always an apologist on here, and you are missing the point. Why should we evaluate Drew on his stats vs the ten patsies on the schedule, as opposed to the two best teams that are elite programs. Do you truly evaluate players on how they do vs lesser competition, or rather, equal or slightly better competition? JF says it all the time that Michigan and OSU are where we are trying to get to. So, that is how I will look and evaluate. If your measuring stick is how we do vs IU, Rutgers, etc., I'm not surprised. And, frankly, Drew's comp % wasn't very good for the full season...low 60's is not where you want to be.

Fa-wart!

Well, you can either look at the Lions' 2023 regular season from the standpoint of 10-2 (and maybe 11-2 with a win in what looks to be a NY6 bowl game), or you can look at it from the standpoint of another season where the Lions went 0-2 against the two teams PSU fans would most want to beat. The continuing run of futility against tOSU and UM dampens my enthusiasm a bit, but I am hoping for a good bowl matchup and a win to salve my disappointment.

As far as prognosticating how the Lions would do against Oregon or another Top Ten team in a bowl game, I don't think they would be out of any game given the quality of the defense (the best in the country, I believe). But beating really good teams would require that the "good" Allar show up to play. The Lions will have trouble beating a really good team with the "bad" Allar at quarterback.

Reactions: scrivener
Why don't you summarize your debate with Lando in one paragraph? If you do, then the outcome will be one of the following:

1. You will demonstrate that Lando made a logical argument (whether or not you agree with him).

2. You will misrepresent what Lando said, thus demonstrating your own lack of reading comprehension.

I feel like we heard similar claims prior to our matchup against Utah and did just fine.

Honestly our defense can potentially shut any team down. And our offense should be able to move the ball against a team that doesn’t have a killer defense. I’d feel fine playing against any PAC-12 team. Not that PSU would win, but I think we’d have a decent shot (unlike how I felt against say UM where I knew they’d be able to shut us down and do enough on offense to defeat us).

I feel like we heard similar claims prior to our matchup against Utah and did just fine.

Honestly our defense can potentially shut any team down. And our offense should be able to move the ball against a team that doesn’t have a killer defense. I’d feel fine playing against any PAC-12 team. Not that PSU would win, but I think we’d have a decent shot (unlike how I felt against say UM where I knew they’d be able to shut us down and do enough on offense to defeat us).
I thought W looked strong with a great offense led by a dual threat QB in Penix, a strong running game and excellent WRs. Oregon looked good too but didn't seem to have the depth that W had. both defenses looked beatable. I think we can beat O but W would be a strong favorite.

Why don't you summarize your debate with Lando in one paragraph? If you do, then the outcome will be one of the following:

1. You will demonstrate that Lando made a logical argument (whether or not you agree with him).

2. You will misrepresent what Lando said, thus demonstrating your own lack of reading comprehension.
Nice try. Are you Lando’s agent. Obviously you have reading comprehension issues too. He clearly said no one wants to play Oregon and I called him on it. Apparently Washington didn’t have any problem playing and beating the mighty Ducks twice eh?

Nice try. Are you Lando’s agent. Obviously you have reading comprehension issues too. He clearly said no one wants to play Oregon and I called him on it. Apparently Washington didn’t have any problem playing and beating the mighty Ducks twice eh?
And now Michigan is happy. It's a better matchup.

If we're looking at how Penn State would do against Oregon wouldn't it make sense to look at how we did against other great teams not the others?

Wouldn't it also make sense to look at how psu did the last two games played vs Pac10 teams? How did psu do last year vs Utah? UWashington?

Wouldn't it also make sense to look at how psu did the last two games played vs Pac10 teams? How did psu do last year vs Utah? UWashington?
In CFB...the previous yr has nothing to do with the current one. Teams and rosters are different. So, if we play in the Citrus Bowl in January, should I feel more confident because we beat Auburn last year, just because they are from the SEC? U realize we played Washington six yrs ago?! It's a hollow argument.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT