ADVERTISEMENT

Would not want to play Oregon

Until they actually play a team with a legit defense... then they look like Oklahoma in every bowl game. Penn State would smoke Oregon.
I don’t know about smoking them. They are still very good.

It will be interesting to see the conference next year. Washington, Oregon, and USC bring wide open offenses that are rare in the big ten. At the same time the big ten plays real defense that the PAC 12 teams haven’t seen much of.

I don’t know about smoking them. They are still very good.

It will be interesting to see the conference next year. Washington, Oregon, and USC bring wide open offenses that are rare in the big ten. At the same time the big ten plays real defense that the PAC 12 teams haven’t seen much of.
Whichever PAC 10 team makes the CFP ( Washington or Oregon), bet the HOUSE on whomever they play.

Reactions: FHSPSU67 and shifix
As a Penn State fan, I’m not scared to play anyone outside of Ohio State and Michigan. I think we could really have a chance of beating everyone else. Including Georgia or any shitty SEc team.

Also PAC 10 is the best conference this season
That is still to (possibly) be determined. They got a lot of positive early season publicity for wins over what turns out to be 4 to maybe 7 win name teams (UF, UW, MSU, TCU, NU, etc).

Has anyone in the conference played a currently ranked team other than ND?

Reactions: dswartz
Until they actually play a team with a legit defense... then they look like Oklahoma in every bowl game. Penn State would smoke Oregon.
Lol really? And, until PSU has a legit offense, they won't beat anyone with a pulse. We would 'smoke' Oregon with a QB who completed 43% of his passes in our two biggest games? Ok.

I am just happy Iowa doesn't het another free ride to the Big10 champoionship game again with losses next year to at a minimum OSU - Washington - UCLA and Maryland - watches that pitiful Iowa - Nebraska game yesterday - that game would put anyone into a coma - 1920’s offenses - 1 yard and a cloud of astroturf.

Reactions: LandoComando
Lol really? And, until PSU has a legit offense, they won't beat anyone with a pulse. We would 'smoke' Oregon with a QB who completed 43% of his passes in our two biggest games? Ok.
No PAC 12 team has a defense evenly remotely close to OSU or Michigan's defense. You probably said we would lose to Utah in the Rose Bowl last year, too, like most of the public did (not me). Oregon was big and bad last year, too, until they played a team with a pulse and a real defense (UGA) and got humiliated.

It’s in the sentence you replied to
It's not. Simply stating they don't play defense (which isn't factual) doesn't explain how they're overrated at 4-6. Most "experts" think Oregon is underrated and most said it was criminal FSU was ahead of Washington until last week's adjustment.

No PAC 12 team has a defense evenly remotely close to OSU or Michigan's defense. You probably said we would lose to Utah in the Rose Bowl last year, too, like most of the public did (not me). Oregon was big and bad last year, too, until they played a team with a pulse and a real defense (UGA) and got humiliated.
Ok, and how did Allar and the offense function for multiple quarters vs NW, ILL, Indiana, etc. Your blanket statement about Oregon and the overall performance of PSU is off base, IMO. Our running game all year was barely effective and couldn't real off chunk runs until Week 12. The passing game, despite Allar not being reckless with INT's, was not very good. His comp% for the season was what, 61%? That isn't very good.

I'll flip your statement around...no team in the B1G has an offense or a QB as remotely good as what Nix has been for Oregon this year...they are balanced and physical. Even if our D 'held' them to say...bw 24-27 pts, our offense hasn't shown ALL YEAR the ability to function vs any team with comparable talent...i.e. OSU and MIch.

And, congrats to you for predicting we would beat Utah last year, without two of their best offensive players, including an All Amer at TE.

• Haha
Yeah Georgia, OSU, Michigan and Alabama are shaking in their shoes at the thought of playing Oregon.
Is that what I said?
I said, they'd rather Washington and don't want to play Oregon
Smart definitely doesn't want to play Lanning. Not because they can't win (Georgia probably beats everyone again) but because it's more of a challenge.
Michigan is probably scared of everyone after losing to TCU last year.

Is that what I said?
I said, they'd rather Washington and don't want to play Oregon
Smart definitely doesn't want to play Lanning. Not because they can't win (Georgia probably beats everyone again) but because it's more of a challenge.
Michigan is probably scared of everyone after losing to TCU last year.
You said no one wants to play Oregon. Read your own post. The teams I mentioned would relish the opportunity to play Oregon.

You said no one wants to play Oregon. Read your own post. The teams I mentioned would relish the opportunity to play Oregon.
None of those teams "want to play Oregon" when the other option is Washington or FSU.
Not one of them. This is bias against the Pac XII.
I don't believe for a second you think Michigan wants anything to do with Oregon or Smart wants to go against the coach that knows him the second best after Saban
Please read the full comment

Smart wants to go against the coach that knows him the second best after Saban

Hyperbole. Didn't mean a hill of beans when they met last year.

Oregon is playing great though. Don't think they stand a chance vs UGA. Perhaps if they rout Washington in the ccg. Heck, I don't think anybody stands a chance vs UGA unless Michigan or OSU blows the other out today.

As a Penn State fan, I’m not scared to play anyone outside of Ohio State and Michigan. I think we could really have a chance of beating everyone else. Including Georgia or any shitty SEc team.
This. We certainly could lose to any top team, but our problems again UM/tOSU seem more psychological than talent disparity - we just have shitty game plans and stupid decisions in games versus them but seem better prepared against other teams.

While I wouldn’t feel secure about beating Oregon, I wouldn’t have the dread going against them that I have when we face tOSU/UM

Reactions: lazydave841
Hyperbole. Didn't mean a hill of beans when they met last year.

Oregon is playing great though. Don't think they stand a chance vs UGA. Perhaps if they rout Washington in the ccg. Heck, I don't think anybody stands a chance vs UGA unless Michigan or OSU blows the other out today.
Like it didn't mean anything at first in Saban facing Smart but eventually it does
I don't think anyone beats Georgia either but Oregon has a better chance than Washington or FSU to hang around

How about maybe Oregon doesn't want to play Penn State.
Nobody ever 'wants' to play blue bloods..the question is, why would any of those teams truly fear and be intimidated by psu, when our coaching and aptitude to plan a winning approach fails the majority of the time? Manny is the one guy on staff who can hold his own vs anyone on an opposing staff. I find it hard to believe our staff could out-prepare Kirby, Day, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT