ADVERTISEMENT

Word on the street is that the Panthers are taking Levis #1 overall

This has nothing to do with my dislike of Levis, it has to do with my opinion he’s not a great QB and certainly not a first round (or early second round) QB. I loved McSorley but knew he wasn’t a great QB from an NFL prospect. I also get tired of so called Penn State fans acting like we let the next Joe Burrow get away. This doesn’t mean he’s a bust, his play in the NFL will likely mean he’s a bust. I watched almost every game he played for UK and I don’t see him being successful in the NFL because nothing he did at UK points to success at the NFL level.
Nothing he did at Kentucky points to success in the NFL? R U serious? Announcers salivated over his quick release. And drooled over the cannon of an arm. His ability to throw the length of the field or fire it into a tight window. His ability to run the ball. Coaches raved about his fire and leadership, making the whole team play better. And more.

He certainly has some shortcomings. Several things to work on. But he did a lot and earned his spot.

Nothing he did at Kentucky points to success in the NFL? R U serious? Announcers salivated over his quick release. And drooled over the cannon of an arm. His ability to throw the length of the field or fire it into a tight window. His ability to run the ball. Coaches raved about his fire and leadership, making the whole team play better. And more.

He certainly has some shortcomings. Several things to work on. But he did a lot and earned his spot.
He's just mad Penn State fans don't all bash him

Announcers salivated because they felt they should because of what guys like Kiper said. I didn’t see all this you’re talking about…he rarely threw deep, he overthrew short passes all the time, he missed more windows than he hit, and he was turnover prone. He was very similar to Clifford and had worse stats.

Announcers salivated because they felt they should because of what guys like Kiper said. I didn’t see all this you’re talking about…he rarely threw deep, he overthrew short passes all the time, he missed more windows than he hit, and he was turnover prone. He was very similar to Clifford and had worse stats.
IDK, games I saw the announcers were actually watching the game they were announcing.

He is taller and stronger than Clifford. Slower to read and react. Better straight shed runner, not as shifty. Pretty different.

Not really….not like they did in 2022.
He got way more hype in 2021 because of how he played and who he beat
Then he got criticized for a poor 2022 while battling injuries and Kentucky lacking talent
He may bust--most QBs do--but there's no confusion on why he was a top 4 QB in this class.

He got way more hype in 2021 because of how he played and who he beat
Then he got criticized for a poor 2022 while battling injuries and Kentucky lacking talent
He may bust--most QBs do--but there's no confusion on why he was a top 4 QB in this class.
His 2021 season wasn’t all that great either and the talent around him is why he had the success he did have. They also played a weak schedule. It’s funny, you criticize Clifford for the same things you praise Levis for.

His 2021 season wasn’t all that great either and the talent around him is why he had the success he did have. They also played a weak schedule. It’s funny, you criticize Clifford for the same things you praise Levis for.
Criticized Clifford? What? My only criticism of him was I'd rather see what Allar could do. After the Purdue game he was fine. I even defended him for the Ohio State game

Not at all….it’s what Hack didn’t have.
Right--he was highly touted and went in the second because he lacked talent. Absolutely. You have this false notion that talent is determined by if kids play at Penn State how you want them to. Trace was an overachiever that is a great PS/3rd QB because he can play Lamar or another mobile QB in practice.

Right--he was highly touted and went in the second because he lacked talent. Absolutely. You have this false notion that talent is determined by if kids play at Penn State how you want them to. Trace was an overachiever that is a great PS/3rd QB because he can play Lamar or another mobile QB in practice.
Hack wasn’t very good in high school, wasn’t very good in college, and never took a snap in the NFL…something was lacking and if it wasn’t talent, I’m not sure what it was. Trace, on the other hand, got to four state championships in high school and won three of them, won a ton of games at PSU and won a conference championship, and is still in the NFL…you can call that overachieving, but I call that talent.

Reactions: 81b&w
Hack wasn’t very good in high school, wasn’t very good in college, and never took a snap in the NFL…something was lacking and if it wasn’t talent, I’m not sure what it was. Trace, on the other hand, got to four state championships in high school and won three of them, won a ton of games at PSU and won a conference championship, and is still in the NFL…you can call that overachieving, but I call that talent.
lmao
You can't believe this

Why can’t I? I can’t believe you don’t. At some point talent has to show up as results, otherwise it’s not really talent.
The fact you want to say Trace had more talent than Hack ended your attempt at pretending you weren't irrational.

The fact you want to say Trace had more talent than Hack ended your attempt at pretending you weren't irrational.
I say that based on actual results at all levels…what are you basing your argument on, your opinion? Trace was a better high school QB, a better college QB, and a better NFL QB, but obviously Hack had more talent (eye roll). I had more talent in baseball than Barry Bonds, but it just didn’t show up in the results.

You play to win the game moron. I'll take Trace over Hack every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Not only was Trace a better College QB......he's proven to be a better NFL QB. One is home coaching HS and the other is still in the NFL.

Reactions: okinburg1 and 81b&w
You play to win the game moron. I'll take Trace over Hack every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Not only was Trace a better College QB......he's proven to be a better NFL QB. One is home coaching HS and the other is still in the NFL.
Because Trace us the perfect PS/3rd guy to simulate dual threat QBs. Players don't always fully reach their potential despite their talent

Potential does not equal talent.

Arm Strength and looking like a Manning in the pocket does not fully equal talent either.

You cant change the topic from talent to potential mid stream just to win an argument.

This isn't a Jay Cutler situation either (where he DID showcase talent, just didn't have his head in the game).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT