ADVERTISEMENT

Where we stand with Recruits 1/15/16

He apparently does have an offer from them, but who knows how many they can take. Over 25 but how far over? Michigan fans will tell you its 32, but that's laughable. We just need to beat them.
If you someone told you 32 they probably meant Michigan "could" take 32 as in backdating the 7 EEs to last years class plus 25 attributed to this year's class...in which case we "could" go even higher if we get a few to greyshirt.

With that said...Michigan will not be taking that many. The real issue is the 85 number. Michigan still needs to have some more attrition (well officially announced...there is some that is not public yet...Derrick Green's release was just announced today) to get to a number around 28 which is what most are projecting at the moment..

Coaches Limegrover or Jo-Mo have to bring someone along.....come on guys. Didn't anybody love you? :(

A Hill re-commit could really swing some momentum. I can't figure this kid out at all. It's entirely possible that he really just likes State College more than the other places, and it's said that he's from a bad bad area and it might be best for him to get far away from the influences in Michigan.
I think you might be confusing him having "bad influences" with people trying to influence his recruitment who might think they have his best interests in mind but don't. Nothing sinister but he is at a pro-MSU school (King) after being at one that is known as Pro-Michigan (Cass) and of course he has a brother at Michigan. I think mom just wanted him to make a choice for himself and not because he felt pressured by other people...which is different than a kid needing to get away because people are worried he could end up in trouble (or dead) if he kept running in the same circles...there have been kids that fit that description that have gone to both King and Cass but I haven't heard that about Hill.

If we can somehow, SOMEWAY, land Gary, that would be ENORMOUS! He would start immediately out of the gate as a true freshman from game one on with how thin we are for next year at DT, and he would be a huge difference maker for our defense right off the bat!

I would be beyond happy if CJF can just close on the existing verbals and those that are looking elsewhere... Lavert Hill, Sanders, Dwumfor, Diab
If we can somehow, SOMEWAY, land Gary, that would be ENORMOUS! He would start immediately out of the gate as a true freshman from game one on with how thin we are for next year at DT, and he would be a huge difference maker for our defense right off the bat!

Lets try to keep the ones we have verballed now and land the ones that are close. Gary is a complete pipe dream. He's showed zero interest in Penn State and there is no indication that this is changing.

Reactions: bmw199

Good, but a gopher fan commented he thinks it is a formality before he flips to PSU.

Also, as reported in the other thread, Ferns will visit with the rest of the class on 22nd. I believe he is still planning on going to WVU on the 29th, not sure. Doubt he will commit while in town.

How about a dragon? Everyone knows unicorns aren't real.
I call BS...Unicorns are real...I took a pic of one to prove it to you

zv9TA.jpg

Further update on Karamo, He was trying to decide whether to OV to Temple or OSU this weekend, looks like neither. We were there this week and had apparently a great conversation with him. He will mid week to South Carolina the week after the 22nd before his all star game.

He's at Temple this weekend.

4_3342543.jpg

Dredrick Snelson
Fort Lauderdale, FL (Charles W Flanagan)

Wide Receiver
Under Armour All-American

4-Star
  • Ht 6-0
  • Wt 198
  • SH 4.44
  • V 31.50
  • Age 17 yrs 10 mo
  • CLASS OF 16

No disrespect to Jerry Kill and co, but how the hell did they land this kid? Are all those offers real?

Pretty sure this is Mrs. Sanders. Love her use of hashtags. :cool:

And here is Mrs. Simmons live-tweeting a PSU party :D at Dave & Busters:

Reactions: Ski and T J
No disrespect to Jerry Kill and co, but how the hell did they land this kid? Are all those offers real?

Two of his former high school teammates play at Minnesota. They helped Kill recruit Snelson. Once Kill retired and Claeys (Defensive coordinator) was promoted, he fired the top 3 offensive coaches who were largely responsible for recruiting. Minny will struggle to retain their recruiting class, which was looking strong.

I live here and I can tell you that the fanbase is leery of Claeys. Everyone here was very high on Limegrover but he really isn't HC material. He is a FANTASTIC positional coach. We got a good one in him.

Last edited:

Good, but a gopher fan commented he thinks it is a formality before he flips to PSU.

Also, as reported in the other thread, Ferns will visit with the rest of the class on 22nd. I believe he is still planning on going to WVU on the 29th, not sure. Doubt he will commit while in town.

Hope the visits on the 22nd don't get cancelled from the expected snow storm. (Granted the weather forecast will likely change 8 times in the next 5 days ;)).

Apparently going to visit PSU 1/29. #100 ranked prospect, current 4* Minnesota verbal but could be big benefit from Limegrover hire. Offers from Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, FSU, Notre Dame, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski and Alphabets
Dantonio has learned from Urban, the hard way, most likely. When you beat em, might as well try to steal their recruits as well. It seems like all the rumors of B1G coaches not liking Franklin might play a part in it, but who knows. Franklin just needs to finish this class strong, hopefully with decommits coming back.

Apparently going to visit PSU 1/29. #100 ranked prospect, current 4* Minnesota verbal but could be big benefit from Limegrover hire. Offers from Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, FSU, Notre Dame, etc.

I just don't see this kid ending up at Minnesota. Granted, he primarily committed there because of his two former high school teammates who are Gophers. I just think there was too much change in the coaching department - particularly on the offensive side) for him to stay with Minnesota. Minny was a good team this year, but they will be taking a step back for a few years under the new coach, Claeys.

Not sure where to put this, but looks like Urban poached another player from the Terps. Durgan is not off to the greatest start at Maryland. First he loses Keandre Jones, now Haskins. That class is shot.

Honestly not sure he's a great fit for OSU's read-option offense. Haskins is more of a pro-style QB.

Not sure where to put this, but looks like Urban poached another player from the Terps. Durgan is not off to the greatest start at Maryland. First he loses Keandre Jones, now Haskins. That class is shot.

Honestly not sure he's a great fit for OSU's read-option offense. Haskins is more of a pro-style QB.
Wow, sucks to be Maryland...

Reactions: Alphabets

Cardale did well, oh, not really.

I think PSU gets Snelson. We really wanted Nixon but we may be on outside looking in there.

Snelson had in-home tonight with PSU, and will be taking an OV to HV on the 29th right before NSD

For the first time in many years, we are going to have a number of kids committing on NSD. It's either going to be a very good day or very bad day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT