ADVERTISEMENT

What are your top war movies.Choose a movie for....

My three favorite war movies in historical order are:
1 She wore a yellow ribbon (I know I may be stretching it but it was an Indian war.)
2 The Longest Day (which occurred exactly 11 years to the day before I was born)
3 A Bridge Too Far (Imo, the best war movie ever made)

I could probably list several dozen WWII movies that if I see them on I will try to watch\record them {Stalag 17 loved Holdens last line "If I ever run into any of you bums on a street corner, just let's pretend we've never met before.", The Battle of the bulge, The Enemy Below, In Harms Way, ect.
Civil War...the Horse Soldiers.

For various conflicts. For example Private Ryan for WWII. Deer Hunter for Vietnam.
"We were soldiers" Vietnam story about first battle between NVA and US troops. A friend of mine roomed at the PA Military Academy with one of the officers who was killed in this battle. Can't remember his name. Looked it up. It was 2nd Lt. Jack Geoghegan.

Last edited:
Movies not mentioned.

For action and thrills - Gunga Din and The 3 Feathers.

To shed tears - Tomorrow is Forever and To each his own.

Loved the Civil War aspects of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly." For WW I, nobody has mentioned "Paths of Glory."

The Young Lions. Dean Martin, Marlon Brando, Montgomery Clift, Maximillian Schell, Lee Van Cleef.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT