ADVERTISEMENT

Thread to follow PSU recruits at PA States

Ed and Q always faced each other and Q would win by 1 or 2 points. Then Ed went to Blair where he got really good....Do not be surprised if his younger brother goes to another program. In fact i would bet on it....

Agree, Susquehanna isn't a power program by any means. Held back Ed to a certain extent in high school. I remember watching him go from that marginal high school program to wrestle for Buxton at powerhouse Blair to Cael Sanderson at Penn State in the span of just over a year. Talk about exponential increases in training environment. Hopefully Edmund looks to take a similar path although I think Wyoming Seminary would be a better choice. :D I'm sure they would put together quite the financial aid package for him. ;)

Last kid to beat Jake Robb was the boy from my old stomping grounds in suburban Philipsburg(aka Morrisdale, lmao), Buzzy Maines, who is just coming off his redshirt at Clarion now for next year.
Robb lost to Jordan Wood this year.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Didn't Jordan beat Hayes 15-3 this season?
Yes he did during the wrestle offs sometime in October. The coaches said his nerves got the best of him, first time wrestling a college match and they were surprised by the results based on the back and forth in the room. The wrestle offs weren't scratch weight either. Ke-Shawn Hayes is a light 141# in the sense that he's not cutting a good/massive amount of weight to make 141#

Now that he's been in the room for almost a full season, college mat time, mental maturity, increased strength and etc, I don't think the results would be the same, especially if they weigh-in making scratch weight, 141#. I don't know who would win but I see the score being more competitive.

7 state champs for tiny District 11. Excellent performance.

...and three (3) 2nd places as well from District 11 with the top 2 teams as well.

District 11 back with a vengeance. Really great showing. Those teams are the ones that historically make life miserable for our District 2 guys at regionals. Unfortunately the vast majority get chewed up and spit out at that tournament however when one does make it through to states, it's almost a guarantee they will place after running that gauntlet.

So was the Saylor that took 2nd at 152 related to that famous Easton alumnus journalist/recruiter?

Last edited:
Reactions: NittanyLion84
District 11 back with a vengeance. Really great showing. Those teams are the ones that historically make life miserable for our District 2 guys at regionals. Unfortunately the vast majority get chewed up and spit out at that tournament however when one does make it through to states, it's almost a guarantee they will place after running that gauntlet.

So was the Saylor that took 2nd at 152 related to that famous Easton alumnus journalist/recruiter?

LOL I have no idea about Saylor...good question though. Yes. D2 does get chewed up by D11. But the really good D2 wrestlers do make it through...the Rovelli's, Dragons, Arnones, Eachus, Hoffman etc. D2 doesn't seem to have the volume of year round wrestlers D11 has.

LOL I have no idea about Saylor...good question though. Yes. D2 does get chewed up by D11. But the really good D2 wrestlers do make it through...the Rovelli's, Dragons, Arnones, Eachus, Hoffman etc. D2 doesn't seem to have the volume of year round wrestlers D11 has.
Yes, he is Willie's nephew

I guess time will tell. Wins over yanni 2 over Phillipi 2 over sasso one over sasso this year. I can see where he is going to have a lot of trouble. Has given up 4 takedowns in two years is a real recipe for disaster.

Sasso is just a soph n Pletcher needed a scissors hold call to escape.

Yup that's wrestling. Sasso is a good one. Just like how luke is written off so easily. Time will tell. But love seeing where everyone knows a little. Nate isn't going to 33 next year. In 2018 not 2017. Hopefully Pletcher is 33 next year. Like I said its just amusing how since he is going somewhere to school he won't make it. But just keeps winning by being technically sound and not getting scored on. Wish all wrestlers best of luck and looking forward to seeing how they all perform at the next level
pletch5, You might want to check your source again on NaTo plans. At this time, NaTo is moving up to 133# next year. That's not saying plans can't change but 133# is the plan now. I'm sure Jose Rodriguez will challenge all new comers. JR had a very good redshirt year. One of JR's best wins was against Scott Parker, beating him 7-2.

I'm not writing off Luke, he'll be successful at tOSU.

Pletcher better hope that he can make 125# because he's not beating out Ke-Shawn Hayes. Micah Jordan and Ke-Shawn Hayes are as even as you're going to see any 2 teammates. Word is that Nate Tomasello is moving up to 133# next year so Pletcher is going to be waiting for awhile.
Not sure where you heard this very wrong rumor

pletch5, You might want to check your source again on NaTo plans. At this time, NaTo is moving up to 133# next year. That's not saying plans can't change but 133# is the plan now. I'm sure Jose Rodriguez will challenge all new comers. JR had a very good redshirt year. One of JR's best wins was against Scott Parker, beating him 7-2.

I'm not writing off Luke, he'll be successful at tOSU.
Think I have a pretty good source

FWIW, results info for the PSU Recruits, and the Wrestlers of Interest, has been completed in the OP.

Also, at the bottom of the OP there are links to PDFs of completed brackets for AA and for AAA.

Reactions: T J
Think I have a pretty good source
Not sure where you heard this very wrong rumor
Not a rumor, a fact. I realize you're Pletcher's uncle so what you're told is solid information but until Luke gets in the room, communicates with the wrestlers on a daily basis, things can change daily. NaTo wants to wrestle 133# next year and the coaches would like him to be a 125# lifer.

Plans change, ask MyMar & Snyder. At the end of the day, Luke will contribute to tOSU and has a bright future.

Not a rumor, a fact. I realize you're Pletcher's uncle so what you're told is solid information but until Luke gets in the room, communicates with the wrestlers on a daily basis, things can change daily. NaTo wants to wrestle 133# next year and the coaches would like him to be a 125# lifer.

Plans change, ask MyMar & Snyder. At the end of the day, Luke will contribute to tOSU and has a bright future.[/yes. You're right only time will tell

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT