ADVERTISEMENT

Sources: Big Ten coaches urge action vs. Michigan in call (link attached)

How isn't it a conference championship? Ohio State would be 11-1 and playing some horrible west team to the technical title. Maybe there's an asterisk by it but still officially a title. Ohio State is also currently #1 and may be heading into that Michigan game so it's possible they're still top 4 even with a loss there.
Not sure what the committee would do with Michigan but at 12-0 they probably still get in. Not playing in that game only prevents them for being 13-0 in that scenario.
And if the Big Ten action doesn't ban them from a bowl game then does that impact the committee?
All good questions but I think it benefits Ohio State for sure and wouldn't hurt Michigan

Last year. OSU made the playoff without even playing in the ccg, much less winning it.

If you want to talk about a conspiracy to rile up the masses, if they ban Michigan from the ccg and then both get in, good grief would the entire country then know the Big 10 is truly the Big 2 and its little brothers.

My theory, though, is that if the Big 10 bans Michigan, the CFP very well could use that in their rankings. It would be action limiting Michigan. If the conference thinks they are guilty enough to miss the ccg, perhaps they too could make the same evaluation.

My theory, though, is that if the Big 10 bans Michigan, the CFP very well could use that in their rankings. It would be action limiting Michigan. If the conference thinks they are guilty enough to miss the ccg, perhaps they too could make the same evaluation.
That's very possible. Not sure what they'd do in that situation.

Reactions: lazydave841
I'll go ahead and call a final score:

Penn State 34
Michigan 13
Maybe some year.
Not this year.

I’m not holding my breath waiting for the B1G or NCAA to lay the law down against Michigan. These things always seem to move more slowly than necessary, certainly much slower than fans would like.
Would not surprise me if Harbaugh departs for Vegas or some other NFL job soon after the season ends. Then Michigan will get hit with some reduced form of punishment because it parted ways with him.

Last year. OSU made the playoff without even playing in the ccg, much less winning it.

If you want to talk about a conspiracy to rile up the masses, if they ban Michigan from the ccg and then both get in, good grief would the entire country then know the Big 10 is truly the Big 2 and its little brothers.

As they did in 2016.

A CCG ban would be a post season ban. You don't get one without the other.

I didn't say you weren't nice. I've just never seen you NOT disagree with something.
Come on. I don't read this board half as much as some of you apparently do, and even I can recall several examples of him agreeing with people.

A CCG ban would be a post season ban. You don't get one without the other.
Based on what? They could ban them from one and not prevent them from going to a bowl as that negatively impacts all Big Ten programs. They can basically do whatever they want. Or do nothing significant which is still most likely.

If this is as coordinated and widespread as rumors have it, NCAA will cripple Michigan. If it involves Michigan helping teams outside the Big, they could shut Michigan down for a few years.
Come on--they're not shutting anyone down for "a few years"
They don't even want to reduce scholarships because they're afraid what happens next
Honestly, I'm all for that though because the NCAA will die in about 30 seconds if that happens

If this is as coordinated and widespread as rumors have it, NCAA will cripple Michigan. If it involves Michigan helping teams outside the Big, they could shut Michigan down for a few years.
We shall see…I think it will be much, much short of that.

Why not ban Michigan from all communication with players on the field? I.e. ban Michigan from using signs or having coaches direct any adjustments? Do that for the rest of this season and 2024. That would be a punishment that fits the crime.

If the big 10 and NCAA do nothing then what do you think about hiring the Michigan staffer?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT