ADVERTISEMENT

Someone tell Hurdle........

bjf1984

Sep 8, 2014
the cow is already out of the barn.

In what universe should Bastardo have been pitching to Martinez?

the cow is already out of the barn.

In what universe should Bastardo have been pitching to Martinez?
Wanted to give Watson the day off. Worley couldn't do the job either and give Melancon a break. Oh well, all's well that ends well. Things are looking good for now.

Wanted to give Watson the day off. Worley couldn't do the job either and give Melancon a break. Oh well, all's well that ends well. Things are looking good for now.
Yep. Fortunately that Tiger pen was a dumpster fire (they really got worn thin on Tuesday).

Neither Watson or Melancon pitched last night......and also had Monday off.....so I would have figured they would go 8/9 today (also thought Franky probably could have worked 8, but I can't fault Hurdle for calling it a day after 7).

I was shocked that he left Bastardo in to face the guy who may be the hottest power hitter in the league right now...with two on, and give the Tigers a chance to get right back into a game that shoulda' been locked up. I know Martinez took Watson deep on Tuesday, but either Watson or Hughes (only threw a couple pitches yesterday, and probably could have faced one batter) would have been called on for sure.

But hey.....on the plus side.....by railing on the need to get Walker down in the lineup - or out of the lineup - sure seems to have worked to light a fire under him!!!! :)

Yep. Fortunately that Tiger pen was a dumpster fire (they really got worn thin on Tuesday).

Neither Watson or Melancon pitched last night......and also had Monday off.....so I would have figured they would go 8/9 today (also thought Franky probably could have worked 8, but I can't fault Hurdle for calling it a day after 7).

I was shocked that he left Bastardo in to face the guy who may be the hottest power hitter in the league right now...with two on, and give the Tigers a chance to get right back into a game that shoulda' been locked up. I know Martinez took Watson deep on Tuesday, but either Watson or Hughes (only threw a couple pitches yesterday, and probably could have faced one batter) would have been called on for sure.

But hey.....on the plus side.....by railing on the need to get Walker down in the lineup - or out of the lineup - sure seems to have worked to light a fire under him!!!! :)
Yeah, we have to take credit for that. After all, that was our intent being the rational fans that we both are.;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT