ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs UM

bison13

Dec 22, 2007
Penn State can’t hit the broadside of a barn right now. Six minutes in and the only person who scored is Dunn with a layup and one of two from the line. Puff Johnson 0-3 from three including an air Ball.

On offense PSU (Ace, Clary) dribbles fast and hopes to get to the basket. All 1 on 2 without much structure. Lots of forced shots.

On defense PSU doubles the ball trying for steals. That means somebody is always open if they reverse the basketball or cut to the basket.

It's painful to watch. Bardo said it well. Shots go up with no passes.

Last edited:
Nice 2nd half comeback. Clary got going and the finally got the ball to Wahab.

Drives me crazy when PSU is up by 10 pts with 4 minutes to go. They take wild shots with 15 seconds on the clock, then they foul on defense allowing Michigan to score with no time off the clock.

Reactions: ednit and bison13
Didn't want to pay the last guy.. So, reset and start over 😞 yet again. Getting nowhere.
Been that way for over 60years on my watch.
Watched Shrewsberry"s team stick with Duke last night. Reflection on what it could have been:confused:

First time I’ve gotten to see us in person this year…fun atmosphere, as The Palestra is such a great place to see a game. Thought the difference was our ability to limit their second chances, creating a lot of turnovers, and our ability to get to the line. Nothing comes easy for us at the offensive end, as Michigan was collapsing so much that there were no driving lanes. But really turned up the D during that big run (also helps that this isn’t a normal Michigan team).

Rhoades was not happy with Kern’s play at the end….glad he was very apologetic to Howard and Phil.

Reactions: NedFromYork
First time I’ve gotten to see us in person this year…fun atmosphere, as The Palestra is such a great place to see a game. Thought the difference was our ability to limit their second chances, creating a lot of turnovers, and our ability to get to the line. Nothing comes easy for us at the offensive end, as Michigan was collapsing so much that there were no driving lanes. But really turned up the D during that big run (also helps that this isn’t a normal Michigan team).

Rhoades was not happy with Kern’s play at the end….glad he was very apologetic to Howard and Phil.
Didn’t think Kern’s play was necessary either, but it should have counted. The refs waved it off out of sportsmanship, but they shouldn’t have.

Didn’t think Kern’s play was necessary either, but it should have counted. The refs waved it off out of sportsmanship, but they shouldn’t have.
It was after the buzzer. They got it right. They’re never gonna wave it off due to sportsmanship.

Thhis is the first of The Palestra game series that I have not been to. My mom's 82nd bday. Good game boyz!

The Palestra and Rec Hall are basically the same building. (Same architect.) They could get the same atmosphere in University Park. I guess we'll find out on February 21.

It was after the buzzer. They got it right. They’re never gonna wave it off due to sportsmanship.
The red light came on after the ball was into the net…I watched it a few times just to see. If they didn’t make the call out of sportsmanship, then they just got it wrong.

The red light came on after the ball was into the net…I watched it a few times just to see. If they didn’t make the call out of sportsmanship, then they just got it wrong.
Not a great pic, but it was clearly after the buzzer…clock at 0.0, red light is on, and he’s still got the ball

Reactions: NedFromYork
The Palestra and Rec Hall are basically the same building. (Same architect.) They could get the same atmosphere in University Park. I guess we'll find out on February 21.
They should blow up the BJC and build a similar Palestra type building on campus (better than Rec Hall).

Sorry, but I like our coach. Rhoades will build a winner here. Shrewsbury never intended to stay.
I hope u are right and maybe u are. But Shrew is good and could have been successful at PSU. Rhoades maybe but it so looks like the same old same old at Penn state. I'm 86, I doubt I will live long enough to see a good program in BB at Penn state.

Rhodes 8-7
Shrewsbury 6-9

And Shrewsbury left Rhodes, literally, without enough players to even put on a floor.
And somewhere on the VCU boards, they're talking about how much better they made out with Ryan Odom over Rhoades (especially with the head to head win over him, when Rhoades left VCU with literally not enough players to put on a floor). Such a dumb analysis to look at any of this over 15 games (especially when Micah and Rhoades took such different approaches to building the program at their new schools this season).

I hope u are right and maybe u are. But Shrew is good and could have been successful at PSU. Rhoades maybe but it so looks like the same old same old at Penn state. I'm 86, I doubt I will live long enough to see a good program in BB at Penn state.
No $ would have kept Shrews here. ND, IU or P were his intent.

We came close to making the sweet 16 last year. That is the definition of "good".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT