ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs UM

I hope u are right and maybe u are. But Shrew is good and could have been successful at PSU. Rhoades maybe but it so looks like the same old same old at Penn state. I'm 86, I doubt I will live long enough to see a good program in BB at Penn state.
could have been, but, I think he knew the team would be rebuilding this year and didn't want it to hurt his future prospects. ironically nd now has basically the team psu thought it was getting in 2023-24, and so far Rhoades is doing slightly better with a team built from scratch.

i am actually not surprised and thought it might turn out this way. nd is a better job in basketball, but i am quite honestly not sure why they had shrewsberry above rhoades in their own search. we may have lucked out for once

but i am quite honestly not sure why they had shrewsberry above rhoades in their own search.
Beyond the obvious geographical fit, I’m sure its because they, as well as most in the college basketball universe, value what Micah did the last two seasons at PSU more highly that you did. His job building our roster and bringing in the right pieces, bringing unique concepts/sets at the offensive end, and player development were all very impressive.

He had a very impressive resume coming here, and only improved it over his two years here. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ultimately leaves ND for an even bigger job.

Beyond the obvious geographical fit, I’m sure its because they, as well as most in the college basketball universe, value what Micah did the last two seasons at PSU more highly that you did. His job building our roster and bringing in the right pieces, bringing unique concepts/sets at the offensive end, and player development were all very impressive.

He had a very impressive resume coming here, and only improved it over his two years here. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ultimately leaves ND for an even bigger job.
he didn't do anything the season before last. i am just saying rhoades has a better HC resume by any measure. even though shrewsberry might have a better rolodex, that is not a coaching record

Reactions: MacNit2.0
he didn't do anything the season before last. i am just saying rhoades has a better HC resume by any measure. even though shrewsberry might have a better rolodex, that is not a coaching record
Certainly not “by any measure”, as Micah’s resume is extremely impressive (would have taken it even before he added the two year run at PSU to it). Though you obviously don’t, some value things like experience on a multi-time National runner up, experience in the Big Ten (both coaching and as a key recruiter), and NBA experience. He’ll likely have a lot of success at ND (and hopefully Mike has that same success here).

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Certainly not “by any measure”, as Micah’s resume is extremely impressive (would have taken it even before he added the two year run at PSU to it). Though you obviously don’t, some value things like experience on a multi-time National runner up, experience in the Big Ten (both coaching and as a key recruiter), and NBA experience. He’ll likely have a lot of success at ND (and hopefully Mike has that same success here).
Where do Mike's parents and grandparents live? Maybe for once our Pennsyltucky location helps us???

I'll admit to not being sad that ND is struggli g. Which loss is worse...Bucknell or Citadel? At least the Bison has made waves in the tournament.

Growing pains for both programs....

Where do Mike's parents and grandparents live? Maybe for once our Pennsyltucky location helps us???

I'll admit to not being sad that ND is struggli g. Which loss is worse...Bucknell or Citadel? At least the Bison has made waves in the tournament.

Growing pains for both programs....
From the articles after he was hired, I believe his extended family is still in PA (they talked about loving that he's closer and can make it to his games).

This year, losing to Bucknell is much worse (I'd have Bucknell as about a 7 point underdog to The Citadel on a neutral court tonight). Though we lost by 9, while ND got blown out by 20 in our "clunkers".

Enjoy Notre Dame's struggles now, as I'd expect that they'll turn it around in a pretty quickly over the next year or two.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT