ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Recruits at Ironman

L3 up on 3. Not sure how Reynolds kid fought off that pin cuz Flo isnt moving the camera

Tf in 3rd. Luke tried like hell to stick him, kid was not havin it.

Reactions: danoftw and Maddog
Gibson is through as well with a 7-2 win. I'm just watching the brackets for updates, so if someone else watching on Flo wants to fill in the details.

Reactions: danoftw
I pulled this info off the Track brackets. Rounds 1-next round:

126lbs #1 seed Luke Lilledahl
R1- LL TF L.Stewart 17-2
R2- LL FALL J.Torres (2:51)
R3- LL DEC C.Desena 5-3
QF- LL MD #8 seed P.Matecki 14-4
SF- LL DEC #4 S.Mendoza 9-5 SV1
Finals- #1 LL DEC #2 J.Forrest 2-1

132lbs #4 seed Mason Gibson
R1- M.Gibson TF C.Genua 22-5
R2- M.Gibson DEC M.Allen 7-2
R3- M.Gibson DEC C.Fretwell 4-1
QF- #5 seed Jordyn Raney DEC M.Gibson 7-5 SV1
Consi1- M.Gibson DEC Hockaday 7-5 SV1
Consi SF- #7 N.Oneill DEC M.Gibson 6-2
7th Place- #4 M.Gibson DEC #9 D.Orine 6-3

157lbs #10 seed Asher Cunningham
R1- A.Cunningham DEC M.Stein 8-2
R2- A.Cunningham MD J.Goldberg 9-0
R3- A.Cunningham FALL #7 E.Enright (3:11)
QF- A.Cunningham FALL #2 seed A.Evanitsky
SF- #6 A.Stewart DEC A.Cunningham 4-3
Consi SF- #10 Cunningham DEC #1 P.Ognissanti 5-0
3rd Place: #10 A.Cunningham DEC #9 J.Ginter 4-1

165lbs #2 seed Joe Sealey
R1- J.Sealey FALL B.Beskur (3:08)
R2- J.Sealey FALL S.Murray (4:20)
R3- J.Sealey TF B.Kohler (24-9)
QF- J.Sealey vs. #7 MD A.Rinehart 15-2
SF- J.Sealey DEC #3 L.Lockett 4-2
Finals- #1 A.Ferrari DEC #2 J.Sealey 2-2 UTB (ultimate tie breaker rideout)

Last edited:
Jack Consiglio with a 3-2 QF win over Melvin Miller on the back of a reversal and an escape. Miller with the lone takedown. For my money Consiglio probably could’ve been hit an again for stalling but he’s very good on the mat.

Reactions: danoftw
Said it to @smalls103 and @McScoreley, but Cunningham is really turning into a very intriguing prospect and I don’t think he’s anywhere near a finished product.
Evanitsky finished S3 and S1 after 2 years at Wyoming Area, and possibly ends up a 3x state champ if he hadn't transferred to Seminary.

(I say "possibly" instead of "likely" only because he might be at Harer's weight this year.)

I thought Cunningham had a chance to beat him but in no way expected a pin. Huge win.

Cunningham is a hammer on top! Does that make him the Cunninghammer?

Dance Party GIF by StickerGiant

Next Round of bouts for the recruits:

Semi-Finals:
126lbs- #1 L, Lilledahl vs. #4 S.Mendoza
157lbs- #10 A.Cunningham vs. #6 A.Stewart
165lbs- #2 J.Sealy vs. #3 L.Lockett

Consis
132lbs- M.Gibson gets the winner of Gross vs. Hockaday

Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
Q1 Mrs. Cunningham

Q2 PSU had the inside track
When you hear about the legendary feats of strength by Casey …. well … you gotta figure that he passed along not just genes, but, a few of his secret training techniques. A lot of that “strength stuff” does not kick in until 11th/12th grade ….. so I rather expected the kid to slow build. Looks like he is coming into his own now.

Said it to @smalls103 and @McScoreley, but Cunningham is really turning into a very intriguing prospect and I don’t think he’s anywhere near a finished product.
Mark my words, while LL and Sealy deservingly get the attention, years from now fans will look back and say we didn't really know what we had coming at the time. Think Nick Lee clone.

Where did this kid come from I've never heard of him. He is nowhere in the national HS rankings but is #1 in pa AAA. When did he commit to PSU? His scores show he's no joke!
If he is, it's only because state champ Kollin Rath stayed down at 152, state finalist Shawn Taylor outgrew 160, and Nick Kunstek (34-1 and #1 last year but ineligible for the postseason) also outgrew 160. (Rath and Taylor have yet to wrestle this year; Kunstek has 1 match in so far.)

That's not to knock Cunningham or downplay his potential at all. Just to note that he has not earned a ranking above any of them yet, including the win over Evanitsky.

Some might also (before last night) rank him below Luke Sipes and/or Sam Gautreau.

BTW, you saw the name, saw a ranking (all rankings list high schools), and didn't connect him as possibly Casey's kid?

Reactions: Chris Watts
If he is, it's only because state champ Kollin Rath stayed down at 152, state finalist Shawn Taylor outgrew 160, and Nick Kunstek (34-1 and #1 last year but ineligible for the postseason) also outgrew 160. (Rath and Taylor have yet to wrestle this year; Kunstek has 1 match in so far.)

That's not to knock Cunningham or downplay his potential at all. Just to note that he has not earned a ranking above any of them yet, including the win over Evanitsky.

Some might also (before last night) rank him below Luke Sipes and/or Sam Gautreau.

BTW, you saw the name, saw a ranking (all rankings list high schools), and didn't connect him as possibly Casey's kid?
Between King of the Mountain, Powerade and Escape the Rock we should have a good idea of where Asher is before we get to the postseason.

I don’t believe he’s currently on Rath’s level but think he can absolutely go with Taylor, Kunstek and Sipes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT