ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

In the nicest possible way, Facundo might find himself out of a job unless he takes a large offensive leap forwards. Messenbrink is going to win more matches based on offensive output alone, and score far more bonus points at NCAAs.

Unfortunately, I see a lot of similarities in Barr. Both have long frames and a lot of the same tendencies. They both have a very hard time setting up shots and scoring on good opponents. Shooting from space with no set up is a great way to get countered for 2 by college wrestlers. For his sake, I hope either he or Ryder move up to 184, because I don't see him beating Ryder after his senior year at M2/NLWC and then a RS. Don't think he'd beat him right now.
Perhaps Barr finds some offense at psu? Isn’t that why we have coaches. He’ll have lots of time to figure it out

Reactions: zzs006
Perhaps Barr finds some offense at psu? Isn’t that why we have coaches. He’ll have lots of time to figure it out
It hasn't been very long ago "B1G and NCAA" that many, many of us was hoping Beau could somehow find a little more offense. Beau found it in a big way, and so will Facundo, and Barr. It will come. I have heard several wrestlers say "Trust the system" It will come.

It hasn't been very long ago "B1G and NCAA" that many, many of us was hoping Beau could somehow find a little more offense. Beau found it in a big way, and so will Facundo, and Barr. It will come. I have heard several wrestlers say "Trust the system" It will come.
Agreed on Beau, but he had shown a lot of offense against top competition in HS, so it was especially peculiar not seeing it collegiately. Granted, the bump to 149 clearly played a role. I think Alex can get in on shots, but he doesn't seem strong enough to finish and obviously his set up is not up to snuff at the moment for this level. Barr is obviously too early to tell without seeing him in college.

Agreed on Beau, but he had shown a lot of offense against top competition in HS, so it was especially peculiar not seeing it collegiately. Granted, the bump to 149 clearly played a role. I think Alex can get in on shots, but he doesn't seem strong enough to finish and obviously his set up is not up to snuff at the moment for this level. Barr is obviously too early to tell without seeing him in college.
I heard Barr is down in the weight room right now.

I've been higher on Beau, for a long time, than I've been on Facundo/Barr. Beau is a short-ish 141, who was at 149 for two years, behind an NCAA champ at his natural weight. He's still a guy who is going to pick his spots. He's still content to high fight the entire first period without taking a shot. Has he improved? Absolutely.

However, Beau was the best guy in the room at 141. No one was beating him for the spot.

That might not be the case for Facundo and Barr. If Facundo is pushed out of 165 by one of Messenbrink/Haines/Sealey, he goes up to 174. That could very well be the case. Then, Ryder vs Barr vs Facundo for 174/184 in two years. My money is on Ryder, with winner of the remaining two taking whatever weight he doesn't go.

I like Ryder over Facundo and Barr. We don’t know how this will play out but regardless I believe someone will be leaving.

PSU’s success with cruits is much better than the average but you really can’t expect more than a 50% hit rate. So much can happen but Cael has a way of finding at least 2 guys a year that deliver. And that’s high level AA or champions. That’s what has set the program apart from all others. Rarely does a class bomb!

I hope we get him.
In a way you can’t blame him. With the way NIL is going and some potential log jams down low at PSU, he might be scared of starting

I thought for sure I would get to see Bo, Forest and company this weekend at NHSCA. I can’t imagine them skipping such an event.

I hope we get him.
In a way you can’t blame him. With the way NIL is going and some potential log jams down low at PSU, he might be scared of starting

I thought for sure I would get to see Bo, Forest and company this weekend at NHSCA. I can’t imagine them skipping such an event.
EVERY student athlete should take their full allotment of official visits before deciding. AND unofficials to as any schools as is practical.

Only exception is someone like Dalton Perry whose mother works for the university.

This was true long before NIL and is no less true today.

EVERY student athlete should take their full allotment of official visits before deciding. AND unofficials to as any schools as is practical.

Only exception is someone like Dalton Perry whose mother works for the university.

This was true long before NIL and is no less true today.
if I was to get a scholly from PSU well no reason to look anywhere else!true for any kid that is wanting to go to his state school!

Reactions: hlstone
I think Barr does score a lot but not when he wrestles that other tops kid what 4 times and that kid wasn't scoring a lot either so no big deal!

Per Askren today on FRL, Cole Mirasola is officially a 220 now and “smashing people”. Beat the numbers 2 (Gavin Nelson) and 7 ranked guys this past weekend in Free.

Looks like our Heavy for the future.
Impressive! But before I get too excited , I’ll await the six paragraph explanation from Googles on why Cole is not our ultimate answer at Heavy 😉

Per Askren today on FRL, Cole Mirasola is officially a 220 now and “smashing people”. Beat the numbers 2 (Gavin Nelson) and 7 ranked guys this past weekend in Free.

Looks like our Heavy for the future.
Idk about Cole Mirasola. I'm not sure Cael has any idea about what he's doing with the big boys. Ask Gable Steveson. 😂

145 currently but he has 2 years left
So he wants to be right in the thick of things huh. Lot of talent we have in that weight range. Wish him the best and not to mention his dad is an awesome coach so you know he has the mindset to win. Gotta love that

Reactions: hlstone
I hope we get him.

these kids need some time off so they won't burn out!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT