ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

Would love PJ Duke but don’t people say he’s Cornell’s to lose? I’m sure us landing Ryder definitely helps PSU though. My concern with him is what weight he goes. Already in the 150’s so if he continues to grow like I would expect he’s right in with Sealey, Mesenbrink, and possibly even Barr. He is good enough you figure out a way to make it work but so are these other guys. Someone very good would be in the bench

I think Correa is a beast. Pretty sure he will be a heavyweight though. Does he want to come and battle it out with Mirasola? I hope so but I don’t blame him if he looks elsewhere. He might be the kid I’m highest on in this class

Wonder if Blaze will follow his brother to Purdue? Kid gets overlooked somehow but he shows up and wins at pretty much every major event. He’s a gamer. Interested to see who ends up better between him and Knox. Seems like Knox gets talked about way more even though Blaze has beaten him the last few times I believe

Overall it looks like a good but not great class. Some top end talent but not a ton. Still super early though so I expect some big jumps from some of these kids. PA with 4 of the top 10 in FLO’s rankings. Rath at 3, Correa at 5, Desmond at 7, and Gaj at 8. Is Desmond a M2 kid? Gaj seems like he’s one who really jumped a level this past year. Can he keep ascending?

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
That’s true. They are so stacked. Not sure they need much out of this class. Who are the most important gets?
Duke is. With no current "needs", I'd want the highest pedigree.

With the transfer portal option, PSU will get a handful of top ranked kids every year who want to throw their hat into the ring. The fact we have former top recruits, returning all-americans at their weights won't scare the studs away. If it doesn't work out finding another school is now easier than ever. Scholarship money will be an issue for some as I'd imagine the 9.9 is spread thin up there. Still haven't figured out PSU's NIL situation as far as who decides which wrestles get money and how much but NIL could be the answer to limited scholarship money.

Roster assuming all hold weight and shirt:
- 125: Howard 2026, Lilledahl 2029
- 133: Nagao 2026, Davis 2028
- 141/149: Bartlett 2026 2025, Van Ness 2026, Kasak 2028, Perry 2030
- 157/165: Facundo 2026, Haines 2027, Mesenbrink 2027, Sealey 2029
- 174: Barr 2028
- 184: Ryder 2029
- 197: Connor Mirasola 2029
- 285: Cole Mirasola 2029

Does not include potential Olympic shirts.

2025 = Perry + depth, maybe a light/middle splurge, quality not quantity.

Save for 2026.

Last edited:
- 141/149: Bartlett 2026, Van Ness 2026, Kasak 2028, Perry 2030

Save for 2026.
Is Mesenbrink 2027 or 2028? Still not clear if he has all of his eligibility plus his redshirt. I thought that was how he described it but I’m not sure

Save for 2026.
If Knox was interested, I wouldn't turn him down.

Would love PJ Duke but don’t people say he’s Cornell’s to lose? I’m sure us landing Ryder definitely helps PSU though. My concern with him is what weight he goes. Already in the 150’s so if he continues to grow like I would expect he’s right in with Sealey, Mesenbrink, and possibly even Barr. He is good enough you figure out a way to make it work but so are these other guys. Someone very good would be in the bench

I think Correa is a beast. Pretty sure he will be a heavyweight though. Does he want to come and battle it out with Mirasola? I hope so but I don’t blame him if he looks elsewhere. He might be the kid I’m highest on in this class

Wonder if Blaze will follow his brother to Purdue? Kid gets overlooked somehow but he shows up and wins at pretty much every major event. He’s a gamer. Interested to see who ends up better between him and Knox. Seems like Knox gets talked about way more even though Blaze has beaten him the last few times I believe

Overall it looks like a good but not great class. Some top end talent but not a ton. Still super early though so I expect some big jumps from some of these kids. PA with 4 of the top 10 in FLO’s rankings. Rath at 3, Correa at 5, Desmond at 7, and Gaj at 8. Is Desmond a M2 kid? Gaj seems like he’s one who really jumped a level this past year. Can he keep ascending?
I imagine any high level NY wrestler has to consider Cornell. But I believe he will fit in well at 149/157. His style of wrestling fits PSU.

I agree Blaze is the most overlooked wrestler in the class. He wins when it matters.

Didn’t realize Mirasola would be wrestling HWT but again still believe Correa would be a good get.

Reactions: goldenanimal

Save for 2026.
Wouldn't Bartlett run out of eligibility in 2025? The 2022 season counted as one of the 4, right?

Reactions: hlstone
Didn’t realize Mirasola would be wrestling HWT but again still believe Correa would be a good get.
I like Correa too, but can't imagine PSU will be his best situation 1 year after Mirasola arrives. Same for Johnson.

Waters in 2026 makes more sense, but still might be too early.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Nice. What are the rankings of

Save for 2026.
What three years do you have Mesenbrink wrestling? Actually, does he have 4 more years?

Last edited:

Save for 2026.
Any chance Joe Sealy grows in to 174?

I think we easily get Correa. Heard he is very interested. Knox is a great wrestler but seems like character issues. Would be a good fit at Rutgers or Iowa. Blaze going to tOSU or Purdue.

Desmond would be a great grab. Rath has huge upside. Gaj looked unstoppable all Folkstyle season until WTT. He is definitely a better Folkstyle wrestler, but would be another good fit.
PA has some monsters: Would like to land Correa, Desmond, Rath and Gaj. That’s wishful thinking

Reactions: LHavenlion
He has 4 years of eligibility plus an ORS.
I don’t think you’re going to see many kids taking ORS’s as a way to get an extra redshirt and extend eligibility. What we’re seeing now with Starocci is that the kids are just not interested in being 6 or 7 year college students. I think most kids will take a regular redshirt year and then 4 years of eligibility and if they don’t make the lineup for a year or two then so be it. They’ll either train in the room or portal.

Reactions: JOESTROSSER
I don’t think you’re going to see many kids taking ORS’s as a way to get an extra redshirt and extend eligibility. What we’re seeing now with Starocci is that the kids are just not interested in being 6 or 7 year college students. I think most kids will take a regular redshirt year and then 4 years of eligibility and if they don’t make the lineup for a year or two then so be it. They’ll either train in the room or portal.
Mesenbrink did say in his commitment interview that he would do whatever the coaches wanted this year, 157, 165, or shirt.

Taking the Olympic shirt might also enable him to establish PA residency, which would greatly benefit him for the rest of his eligibility.

Reactions: goldenanimal
I think we easily get Correa. Heard he is very interested. Knox is a great wrestler but seems like character issues. Would be a good fit at Rutgers or Iowa. Blaze going to tOSU or Purdue.

Desmond would be a great grab. Rath has huge upside. Gaj looked unstoppable all Folkstyle season until WTT. He is definitely a better Folkstyle wrestler, but would be another good fit.
PA has some monsters: Would like to land Correa, Desmond, Rath and Gaj. That’s wishful thinking
Curious about what Knox’s character concerns are?

Reactions: nitlion6
Curious about what Knox’s character concerns are?
That narrative has been out there for a long time but I don’t understand it. Kid puts it on the line all of the time and seems like a great kid on the mat. Super respectful even when he loses. I was impressed with how he responded after losing to Blaze. Maybe people who know him off the mat have more insight but I’ve never seen anything that would make me not want him at PSU

PSU Class Of 2025

A little over a month away from recruiting the class of 2025. Who does Cael need to call first?

Top 5
1) PJ Duke (Probably the biggest recruit in recent years. Has ties to PSU. Will fill in well for Van Ness or Haines at 149/157)
2) Marcus Blaze(seems like he has the frame to get bigger and will fill in well after Nagao and Bartlett are done)
3) Jude Correa (Great Folkstyle wrestler you hope can move up to heavyweight. With teammates Sealey and Lilledahl already committed it should make for an easy transition)
4) Sahakian/Johnson/Stillwell (Sahakian is not likely as he is a CA wrestler. Stillwell just knocked off Sahakian at U17 but don’t know if there are any ties to psu from Missouri. Johnson is from PA and trains at M2. He seems the most likely of the three. Need a HWT!!)
5) Kollin Rath (Would make for a great replacement when Beau is done at 141. Also a PA Native)
I agree with this list, but I don't see Rath as a 141 long term, he is already wrestling at 65kg and he is only a sophomore and his frame looks like he has room to grow

Are there any pics of his mom?
The Nanny Lol GIF by HBO Max

I agree with this list, but I don't see Rath as a 141 long term, he is already wrestling at 65kg and he is only a sophomore and his frame looks like he has room to grow
Possibly but you have to also consider the next weight down was 132lbs. He also wrestled 138 all season. If he gets any bigger I don’t see where he fits.

Possibly but you have to also consider the next weight down was 132lbs. He also wrestled 138 all season. If he gets any bigger I don’t see where he fits.
Rath was at 132 as a FR in 2022, so being 138 as a SO in 2023 shouldn't be unexpected.

PSU Class Of 2025
A little over a month away from recruiting the class of 2025. Who does Cael need to call first?

Top 5
1) PJ Duke (Probably the biggest recruit in recent years. Has ties to PSU. Will fill in well for Van Ness or Haines at 149/157)
2) Marcus Blaze(seems like he has the frame to get bigger and will fill in well after Nagao and Bartlett are done)
3) Jude Correa (Great Folkstyle wrestler you hope can move up to heavyweight. With teammates Sealey and Lilledahl already committed it should make for an easy transition)
4) Sahakian/Johnson/Stillwell (Sahakian is not likely as he is a CA wrestler. Stillwell just knocked off Sahakian at U17 but don’t know if there are any ties to psu from Missouri. Johnson is from PA and trains at M2. He seems the most likely of the three. Need a HWT!!)
5) Kollin Rath (Would make for a great replacement when Beau is done at 141. Also a PA Native)
Update. Not much need for any weight after the massive 2024 class and transfers. I would just go hard after Duke(149/157), Marcus Blaze(133/141) and Rath(141/149). Also didn’t realize one of the Mirasolas will be wrestling HWT.

I wouldn’t want to see Duke in any other singlet. He will be hard to beat. Rumors about Cornell and NC State. But teammate Zack Ryder is already committed and seems to have a relationship with RBY. Still think we go hard for him.

Blaze wins when it matters. Will be hard to get with his brother at Purdue but still worth a shot. Love the way he wrestles. He’s got big wins against both Knox and Lilledahl.

Rath would be great if he could stay down for a year or two at 141 but with teammate Kasak at 141/149 the two might overlap at the same weight.

PSU Class Of 2025

Blaze wins when it matters. Will be hard to get with his brother at Purdue but still worth a shot. Love the way he wrestles. He’s got big wins against both Knox and Lilledahl.
His brother is at 165. If he grows to that size, then we may have to decide if we'd rather have Duke.

His brother is at 165. If he grows to that size, then we may have to decide if we'd rather have Duke.
I really don’t know but it seems like we have a much better chance with Duke anyways. Blaze has his brother at Purdue and I’m sure tOSU are going after him hard. I bet he ends up at one of those unless Cael decides to pay him a lot of attention. As good as he is I just don’t see Cael doing that with kids we already have coming in. Duke on the other hand is a kid I could see Cael making a priority

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT