ADVERTISEMENT

Packers give Aaron Rodgers old locker to Cliff (article linked)

I wish Clifford all the best. He fought through some unexpected challenges with the sparse RB room and underperforming OL for most of his tenure at Penn State, and as such a significant amount of pressure for a position that normally has more than its share of that-sometimes he handled it well, and at times not so much. It would have been nice for him to have one season with Rodgers but backing up a new starter will also be good for him and take some pressure off.

I took "worst possible player" to mean a rookie QB which is unfair to Clifford because it will create people comparing them not that Clifford is the worst player.

I think the Packers know this won’t effect Clifford one way or the other and that he can pretty much handle anything. The kids holds almost every record at PSU, has the HIGHEST completion percentage of any QB to wear a PSU jersey, won two New Years six bowl games, but still got booed and shit on by some fans and media only to stick with it and finish his career on fire. Football people know he’s an incredibly tough and talented QB who received so much criticism, but never showed any frustration or threw his OLine or WRs under the bus when those two position groups deserved the most criticism. Clifford isn’t the most athletic guy or have a big arm, but he wins with grit and has won a lot games with an offense that had some of the worst OLines and a WR core that lacked talent and depth. The Packers aren’t going to give that locker to Jordan Love he’s already under a lot of pressure and would fold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT