ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft thread....

Steelers took the OT from UW:

Looks like a mauler. They likely took him to play RT with Jones moving to LT where he played at UGA. They must really like him to take him over the top CB's that were available.

Will they take a Center in the 2nd, or take a WR and take the best available Center in the 3rd with the possibility of moving up in the 3rd to get one.....

Lions go for the CB from Bama. I believe he had the best custom suit ensamble in the green room!!
Detroit has done a very good job with the draft recently. They were bashed last year but it worked with Bijan, Campbell, Branch and LaPorta.

If that’s true how do you explain what you wrote above? Just admit what “we all know,” that you are a low IQ individual.
Because I'm on my laptop currently
Notice how obsessed you are with me. That's a lack of intelligence and self-respect. You're a toddler.

Offensive players were at a premium. 23 of 32 I believe. QBs, WRs, Tackles.

What does R2/3 hold tonight? My guesses:

1. WRs continue to come off the board
2. Corners and DLine vie for most picked position
3. QBs and Tackles have a gap, but once one goes, likely causes trade ups and selections

Who is our next player? Issac? Wallace? Dixon? Theo?

Reactions: LandoComando
Last edited:
Anyone else wonder why Goodell comes out wit a bland navy sport coat over a sloppy looking unbuttoned shirt? Seems to need a little wardrobe advice.......

Latu at 15. another filler that the Steelers wouldn't take!!!
Goodell is just a doofus. The guy just does the bidding of the owners and never had an original idea, so he’s a perfect commissioner.

He also can say more than 3 or 4 words in succession without a mispronunciation or tripping over his words. The high school aged young lady that announced the Lions pick was a better public speaker than Roger.

Reactions: royboy
Because I'm on my laptop currently
Notice how obsessed you are with me. That's a lack of intelligence and self-respect. You're a toddler.
Yes, it’s true. I’m obsessed with a low IQ fake Penn state fan who claims the sky is not blue at all but actually chartreuse… and that Joe Paterno sucks and Drew Alllar is going to transfer or declare early for the draft or is a bust, depending on what day it is.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
The opposite. He makes f u money and can dress any damn way he wants.
No matter how much money he makes, he dropped his card and couldn’t even bend over to pick it up. Apparently he has a bad back. It’s funny how life has a way of getting over on horrible people. Looking at you, Louis Freeh.

this is funny. So, apparently, CJF was at Olu's for his selection by the J-E-T-S and then drove over to Chop's house. he gets there just in time for Chop to be selected by Miami. Cool on CJF to do the hustle. He's obviously got a great rapport with them.

Credit where due...lets hope we can add Flemming to that photo...

GMDT-PdWoAA3T02

• Wow
Reactions: WeR0206
Goodell is just a doofus. The guy just does the bidding of the owners and never had an original idea, so he’s a perfect commissioner.

He also can say more than 3 or 4 words in succession without a mispronunciation or tripping over his words. The high school aged young lady that announced the Lions pick was a better public speaker than Roger.

I mean, his job is to literally run the league on behalf of the owners. They are his bosses.

Reactions: GregInPitt
I love the way qbs get over drafted.
You’d think these so-called professionals would have this figured out by now. By taking quarterbacks and really any position players who don’t belong in the first round (Pickett) you not only don’t get a star starter for your team but you let a star starter at another position fall to your competition. It’s a double whammy.

You’d think these so-called professionals would have this figured out by now. By taking quarterbacks and really any position players who don’t belong in the first round (Pickett) you not only don’t get a star starter for your team but you let a star starter at another position fall to your competition. It’s a double whammy.
I don't know. Right now, in the NFL, if you don't have a top five QB, you've got no shot at the Super Bowl. And there is almost no way of knowing who will pan out and who won't. I read that ATL had Penix as the second best QB in the draft and were stunned he was there. So, despite paying big for a vet in the off-season, couldn't pass on getting a QB that could play for the next 10 - 15 years. It starts with the QB and then you build the team. The QB will be around for a decade plus. The rest of the players typically last 5 to 10 years. So the idea is to get your QB, and then build the team around him.

May as well get it started.

I'm guessing on the positions for the first 4 picks for the Steelers (4 in rounds 1-3).

- OT (I'd love to see Olu in Black and Gold) but he's a L-OT and Steelers seem to be looking for a R-OT...
- C
- WR
- CB

Also believe the Steelers have a 50-50 chance of trading up (somewhat) or down (moreso) in the first round and possibly going for a Center instead of an OT. The Steelers new GM is a wheeler-dealer.

** Not just a Steelers thread, but we'll all likely respond towards our "home" teams.......
If they actually play him it's a good pic. But since Dan Moore jr still has those compromising naked pics of Khan and Tomlin, I think he'll sit the bench again like Broderick did.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Yes, it’s true. I’m obsessed with a low IQ fake Penn state fan who claims the sky is not blue at all but actually chartreuse… and that Joe Paterno sucks and Drew Alllar is going to transfer or declare early for the draft or is a bust, depending on what day it is.
When have I ever said Allar is a bust?
Paterno is overrated by this fam base
Allar would have left if he wasn't the starter for 2024

It's crazy that that collection of talent never made it to the Championship game, and that school hasn't even won a Big 10 Championship since the Covid season.
That has to be the most amazing thing about it. Then add in Jameson Williams getting the heisman and a 1st round pick over his teammates that he couldn't beat out at Ohio St and Joe Burrow winning a heisman and coming off the board #1 overall despite not cutting it at Ohio St. Quinn Ewers may end up doing the same or at least being a 1st rounder as well.

They win because they recruit on another level. Could you imagine our board if we had multiple cast offs winning Heisman's and going #1?

Then people here complain that Franklin can't beat Day. Well, if we recruited like they did and didn't have a few championships like Alabama and Georgia, then I'd criticize Franklin. But we don't buy the collection of talent that they do. It's not even close.

I don't know. Right now, in the NFL, if you don't have a top five QB, you've got no shot at the Super Bowl. And there is almost no way of knowing who will pan out and who won't. I read that ATL had Penix as the second best QB in the draft and were stunned he was there. So, despite paying big for a vet in the off-season, couldn't pass on getting a QB that could play for the next 10 - 15 years. It starts with the QB and then you build the team. The QB will be around for a decade plus. The rest of the players typically last 5 to 10 years. So the idea is to get your QB, and then build the team around
You definitely need a top quarterback, let’s just say top six. What are the chances that these 6 guys will be the top 6 in the league? I’m going to go way out on a limb and say… absolutely zero. They’ll be lucky to get 1 or 2 who are good enough and I’d say Penix has a good or better chance than anyone else. I think you are proving my point. 2021 5 QBs in the first 15 and only Trevor Lawrence was any good. For every Baker Mayfield there are Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold. Mayfield should have been in the second half of the first round, not #1. Most of these quarterbacks should not be taken in the first round because they will end up being backups and you have missed out on a pro bowl player at another position.

That has to be the most amazing thing about it. Then add in Jameson Williams getting the heisman and a 1st round pick over his teammates that he couldn't beat out at Ohio St and Joe Burrow winning a heisman and coming off the board #1 overall despite not cutting it at Ohio St. Quinn Ewers may end up doing the same or at least being a 1st rounder as well.

They win because they recruit on another level. Could you imagine our board if we had multiple cast offs winning Heisman's and going #1?

Then people here complain that Franklin can't beat Day. Well, if we recruited like they did and didn't have a few championships like Alabama and Georgia, then I'd criticize Franklin. But we don't buy the collection of talent that they do. It's not even close.
When you have to compete against that kind of talent, it's kind of amazing that PSU under Franklin has come so close to beating that school several times, because really other than Michigan and whatever SEC school they play in a bowl, they've been mostly unbeatable and, with that talent, they should be. I'm not trying to dismiss Franklin's record against OSU, because it must be better, but PSU clearly has been competing against a junior NFL team for many seasons that has played in its own division.

Last edited:
You definitely need a top quarterback, let’s just say top six. What are the chances that these 6 guys will be the top 6 in the league? I’m going to go way out on a limb and say… absolutely zero. They’ll be lucky to get 1 or 2 who are good enough and I’d say Penix has a good or better chance than anyone else. I think you are proving my point. 2021 5 QBs in the first 15 and only Trevor Lawrence was any good. For every Baker Mayfield there are Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold. Mayfield should have been in the second half of the first round, not #1. Most of these quarterbacks should not be taken in the first round because they will end up being backups and you have missed out on a pro bowl player at another position.
I don't disagree but you need a top six to win. There is a greater probability that a top physical talent could be successful, you also have the Brady's and Purdy's that weren't expected to be good. Penix could well end up being the pick of the draft. The falcons had him the second best QB in the draft and never thought he'd be there. I also have to say that the value of the draft has diminished since the Cap and Free Agency. Teams can fill holes without drafting players so drafting a young QB at 1, if he pans out, allows you to use that cap space until he gets his first FA contract.

Specifically to your point on Mayfield and that draft...it went like this:

1. Mayfield - The team sucked and they felt they needed a hard nosed kid, one that embraced the caos and not a premadonna. They had Darnold #2 as All was from a small school (Wyoming).
  2. Darnold - he ended up being the second worst of the lot (3)
  3. Allen (7)
  4. Rosen (10)
  5. Lamar Jackson (at 32)
today, you'd draft Allen, Jackson, Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen. Interestingly, not a QB taken after 32 until Rudolf got picked at 76 in the 3rd round.

The only point here is that it is a crap shoot. You get a kid that has a strong enough arm to hit all the routes and the rest is a complete gamble.

Reactions: WeR0206
Devonta Smith won the Heisman; not Williams.

Ewers was behind Stroud, who just had an excellent rookie campaign. And he came early for NIL. Probably didn't plan on staying anyhow. Not a good example.
I stand corrected on Williams. He was an early 1st rounder though and was a 1st team All American selection over his former teammates at Ohio St. Memory failed me.

I'd say it's pretty big stretch to say Ewers had intentions of transferring before he ever showed up to Ohio St. I think he played a year and didn't like where he sat on the depth chart and then made a decision just like 90% of those in the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT