ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft thread....

Hopefully Harbaugh thinking he's smarter than everyone bumps Olu up a few spots. He'd look good with the Titans

Offensive line. He knows where you build a team from.

I could see trades beginning at 8 or 9 if teams really value the remaining QBs. I'm not sure they do though.
The only "issue" I have with them taking Alt is the already have an elite LT with Slater and they don't have any receivers. I think Latham made more sense for them. Alt could play RT but that's not ideal.

Reactions: lazydave841
So far as a Steelers fan, all these QB's and WR's going seem to push down some of the OT's which seems good. I just can't see the Steelers taking their Center at 20. ESPN's player rankings have the Oregon Center at 55 and the WVU Center at 63. If one of them goes before their pick at 51 (assuming the Duke Center goes in the 1st round) they could trade up a few spots to be sure they get the other one.

OLU goes at 11 !$$!

Last edited:
Olu likely had a great time with his teammates and friends during the last year at PSU and by the end of tonight will be negotiating a contract that will set him and his family up for generations. So I doubt he believes he made a mistake by returning to PSU to enjoy another year at PSU.

Although Olu has only played LT in games at PSU it doesn't seem reasonable to believe that's the only position he can play. And LT is the most valued OL position in football, so I also doubt that will work against him tonight. Would an NFL team expect PSU to play Olu at RT to prove he can play it at the expense of the PSU games he wasn't protecting PSU's QB's blind side?
I think his health iwas an issue for teams. He was injured several times and sat out games. I said several months back he would fall out of top 10. So he goes 11 to the J E T S, Jets, Jets, Jets.

I think his health iwas an issue for teams. He was injured several times and sat out games. I said several months back he would fall out of top 10. So he goes 11 to the J E T S, Jets, Jets, Jets.
No one is worried about his health. His technique has been questioned along with him being "only a LT"
I think the Titans should have taken him because they need "a LT" but hopefully he does well. Jets could be pretty bad with Aaron retires.

Absolutely lost with that pick. QBs going way too early
JJ and Penix landed in good situations with a lot of talent.

Just mind baffling to take a QB with Penix injury history after you sign Cousins with his torn Achilles. You don't pay Cousins and draft his successor in R1.

Reactions: LandoComando
And another QB is taken by Denver!! Bo Nix
6th QB already.

Nice quote from Rambo:
"They're all gone, sir......."

No players on Defense thru #13, with Bowers going to the Raiders.

Wow, this might get the Steelers to pick a top player on Defense like the CB from Toledo if he is available....

Last edited:
Sean Payton seeing Brees pt.2 in Nix?

I don't like this pick even more than the Falcons taking Penix.

P-G's final mock draft:

Round 1 (No. 20)​

OL Troy Fautanu, Washington (6-foot-4, 317 pounds) — There is a chance the Steelers might need to move up to secure Fautanu, but he would be worth it. Fautanu is a smooth athlete who can slide in at right tackle and allow the Steelers to move Broderick Jones to the left side of the line. He’ll turn 24 in October, but he’s ready to play now after making 30 starts for the Huskies. The bonus is his versatility, which could come in handy if there are injuries to others on the line.

Round 2 (No. 51)​

CB Max Melton, Rutgers (5-foot-11, 187 pounds) — The Steelers like to have position flexibility with their defensive backs, and Melton has experience as an outside corner and in the slot in his 40 career starts for the Scarlet Knights. Melton, who finished his college career with eight interceptions, ran a 4.39 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL combine. The Steelers have an immediate need for a starter in the slot, but with Donte Jackson under contract for only the 2024 season, they need someone who can eventually play on the outside, too.

Round 3 (No. 84)​

WR Roman Wilson, Michigan (5-foot-11, 185 pounds) — Yes, the Steelers could pull the trigger on a receiver earlier, but the talent pool at the position is so deep this year they can afford to wait until the third round to get a quality player like Wilson. Tomlin took a liking to Wilson at the Senior Bowl, and while he did not take a top-30 visit to the Steelers, Tomlin and Khan did attend his pro day. Wilson had limited production because Michigan had a run-first approach, but his 4.39 40-yard dash time would give the Steelers two burners on the outside who can threaten defenses deep down the field.

Round 3 (No. 98)​

DL Maason Smith, LSU (6-foot-5, 306 pounds) — Smith has the prototypical size and length the Steelers desire in their five-techniques. A five-star recruit coming out of high school, Smith never played up to his billing with the Tigers, but he still has all the tools needed to be a force in the NFL. He just needs some time to develop. The Steelers can give him that time. Cam Heyward is under contract for one more season, and Smith can learn behind one of the best in the business before taking over for him in 2025.

Round 4 (No. 119)​

C Hunter Nourzad, Penn State (6-foot-3, 317 pounds) — When to draft a center is definitely something NFL teams struggle with. The Steelers certainly could get one earlier, especially if they believe Graham Barton is a special player, but they might have to wait until late in Day 2 or early on Day 3 to get one. Nourzad originally played for Cornell before transferring to Penn State, where he started 21 games over the past two seasons. By the way, Khan said for the umpteenth time on Monday that they have Nate Herbig and some others on the roster who can play center.

Round 6 (No. 178)​

S Tykee Smith, Georgia (5-foot-10, 202 pounds) — Smith doesn’t have the desired size for a starting safety, but he could have a role in the NFL as a hybrid safety/linebacker in sub-packages. Smith tested well at the combine, running a 4.46 in the 40-yard dash, and he has tenacity to make an early impact on special teams.

Round 6 (No. 195)​

ILB Jaylan Ford, Texas (6-foot-2, 240 pounds) — The Steelers don’t have an immediate need at inside linebacker because they signed Patrick Queen in free agency, but they do have to plan for life without Elandon Roberts, who is entering the final year of his deal. Ford projects as a run-stopping linebacker, and he can push Mark Robinson for a roster spot. Robinson was a seventh-round pick in 2022 and hasn’t developed as quickly as the Steelers had hoped in his first two NFL seasons.
Tykee smith from imhotep

And another QB is taken by Denver!! Bo Nix
6th QB already.

Nice quote from Rambo:
"They're all gone, sir......."

No players on Defense thru #13, with Bowers going to the Raiders.

Wow, this might get the Steelers to pick a top player on Defense like the CB from Toledo if he is available....
Mims is really the only OT left. If he's still there I don't think there's any doubt they take him.
I'd be happy with any of the top 3 CBs though

Anyone else wonder why Goodell comes out wit a bland navy sport coat over a sloppy looking unbuttoned shirt? Seems to need a little wardrobe advice.......

Latu at 15. another filler that the Steelers wouldn't take!!!

Seems like the NFL used to invite more players to the "green room" to come out on stage. I know a couple turned them down this year. But then a couple wouldn't get picked in the first round and then maybe would come back the next day, or be somewhat embarassed. Seems like staying home with the family would be the way to go.

Reactions: Obliviax
Seems like the NFL used to invite more players to the "green room" to come out on stage. I know a couple turned them down this year. But then a couple wouldn't get picked in the first round and then maybe would come back the next day, or be somewhat embarassed. Seems like staying home with the family would be the way to go.

Don't remember where I read it, but it was a cost cutting measure.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Steelers are probably going Quinyon Mitchell or Brian Thomas Jr...no OTs left....none of the centers have gone so they'll wait

Jared Verse out of Central Columbia High School to the Rams. Of all the great players that have come out of that area (Berwick, Southern Columbia, Mt. Carmel) I don’t think any have ever been drafted in the 1st round.

After watching Wil Levis and his girlfriend be embarrassed the entire night…… no one wants to go through that.

Then way don't centers ever go early?
Jeff Hastings did a hell of a job moving from right guard in Detroit to center in Pittsburgh.
Pretending that Daniels or Herbig moving to center is stupid is truly stupid.
Who is Jeff Hastings, Captain Know-It-All?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT